“Good Italian Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #141 of 605 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: New opening chef marco
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We always order here by phone, we like the taste because it comes close to original Italian food. The portion served are good and the price far.
Next time we try to come and visit your restaurant in person.

Hong Kong, China
“BEST tiramisu ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is our first time in Hua Hin, after enough Thai food we coincidentally discover an Italian restaurant just 5 minutes away from Hilton Hotel. Unlike those usually crowded restaurants in downtown, this place provided a peaceful environment to chill out. We ordered cauliflower with cheese, a pizza, a pasta with cheese and beef and best of all, a tiramisu! Surprisingly the tiramisu has the best taste ever and is absolutely fantastic. We would definitely come back just for this tiramisu. I don't know why some previous reviews have given quite unpleasant comments to Casa Mia, but this place really worth visiting!

Hua Hin, Thailand
“Spicy Italian Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Casa Mia was very good when it was new and had an Italian Chef. Today my guess must be that there are Thai people cooking the food. We have been there only 2 times the last 2 years and last year when we did visit I did order a pasta dish. I could not eat it as it was far to spicy for me. The Swedish owner came over and returned the dish to the kitchen. I was ofcourse expecting the dish to be replaced to something that could remind me of Italy. But the owner himself came back with the dish to my table and told me that he had tasted it himself and it was sure not spicy!
I have never during my 45 years that I have been eating in restaurants seen such a behavior from anyone. I was amazed that the owner treated his guests in that way, specially as we both are Swedish and did have the conversation in Swedish. What else could I do than pay and leave the Place hungry! A few moths ago we did give it Another try, this time a pizza was served and again my senestive tastbuds started to burn. When I looked closer to the pizza there was chilli all over. Wise from my previous mistake I did call the waitress instead of the Swedish owner and had a new pizza. The Swedish owner was busy making drinks for himself and his son in the middle of the restaurant which they later enjoyed sitting outside on the veranda. Also a bit strange for me!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pisa C, General Manager at Pizza Casa Mia, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time review us as we really appreciate all kinds of comments as it helps us improve and become a better restaurant.

As I understand from your profile that you are a frequent traveller and passionate eater I find it very hard to digest a comment like yours. After such terrible experience one would expect that you would take immediate action against us and not wait for two whole months before posting this. And by doing so, saving the trouble for our miserable customers… And you even came back to us after such a bad first experience?, we really thank you for the second chance, but there are some facts regarding your dining experience that we must look at…….

You are right we had an Italian chef when we opened 5 years ago, and we have one now as well, his name is Pasquale and he hates chili as it kills the taste of the fresh products.

It is not our policy to serve ANY spicy food unless requested from the customer. We do make a spaghetti seafood that many customers enjoy with a little chill on request, but hearing that it was uneatable due to too much chili is simply not possible. Even more puzzling that we would serve Pizzas covered with Chili, as we do not carry any Pizzas with chili in our menu whatsoever. We do however serve our PIZZA DIAVOLA with spicy Italian sausage. The owner ( who decides supervises all the dishes ) loves it and I assure you, he hates chili just as much as our chef, so that one can not be the pizza you ate.

When you describe that the owner him self would taste your food and send it back to you in the same state is quite interesting as well, and as a proud Swede it makes even less sense that he would treat a countryman that way, complaining customers are very likely to receive a free meal if we make a mistake, our policy has always been very clear on that subject.

About enjoying a drink on the veranda. You might be referring to a trial of the “Americano” aperitif we inserted in the menu and unfortunately the owner is the only person who is in title to do so, and i can not recall any other occasion as both of them usually drinks only wine or beer. And I found it even more interesting that you haven’t mention at all there was a lady sitting together. Since the son of the owner NEVER dine alone without his wife at evening (which is me in this case), and I really can’t recall there was any dissatisfied customer in that evening.

We do appreciate your concern and the time you have dedicated us. We will gladly welcome you back and have a constructive chat with our chef regarding spices and food in Italian cuisine and verify for yourself that pizzas with Chili are not served in our restaurant.

We are in Thailand after all, with your sensitive taste buds it must be a very hard life for you in this country having all the incredible spices everywhere.

Said this, some readers here may start to wonder: Has your actual visit ever even took place? Mind you, after discussing with the owner, he can not recall ever seeing you, or talking with you for that matter, and with such an incredible story, he would surely remember as he is there every day of the week…..

Review such as yours begs the question, “ Has this reviewer actually visited the restaurant at all?” Some might suspect ( Looking at our previous reviews ) that this is a fabricated review created to push us down on the ratings and we would hope in that case that Tripadvisor will ensure fair play at all times.

Take care!
The Hague, The Netherlands
“The real italian deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very fresh and tastefull italian food. Everything home made with real italian ingredients. It felt like we were in Italy espesially when we met the cook, real italian nice guy.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“unreal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

been hanging out in hua hin for a while now, and have tried out several places. Casa Mia is surely outstanding for the pizzas and the pasta as well, best food I had in a long long time. Had to try the desserts also, Tiramisu' is awsome!! Keep on the good job guys, I 'll be back soon, promise!!

• Visited September 2013