“Best course I ever played!!!”

Black Mountain Golf Club
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best course I ever played!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

A must for the golfer, who visit Hua Hin.
Course in in perfect condition, and layout is challenging.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
NSW
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Really nice course and well organised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Mainly in top class condition but there were some works in progress while we were there. Has its own mini supermarket and a well stocked pro shop.

Visited July 2014
Sydney
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Can't understand the club tolerating slow play”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I played at Black Mountain Golf Course in 2012 and thought it excellent.
The green fees is 1,800 Thai Baht, golf cart 600 and caddy fee 300 plus the mandatory 300 Baht tip. There is no GPS on the cart, nor ice bucket or free water. The course is under renovations with lots of earthworks around. It is till very playable and in good condition.
I have had mixed experience this time around. We played 2 rounds. The first was an unpleasant 5 hr round! This seems to happen too often because they permit golfers with an attitude to walk the course. Not all walkers are slow, but the 2 groups in front of us were very slow. There was nobody in front of them! Despite complaining to the marshall Mr Yeo several times, the walkers kept their slow pace. It would appear that foreign visiting golfers seem to forget common etiquette when they play here. They seem to feel that just because they paid their green fees, they have a right to hold everyone else up. Instead of letting us play through (we were in golf carts) like gentleman golfers would, this Western "gentleman" told us to skip a hole, if we did not like the pace of play. I guess he still thinks he is living in his colonial days!
The next day was a different experience. We completed the round in 3 and a half hours! No walkers, only decent golfers ahead of us, being the local golfing champion.
I can never, never understand any club tolerating slow play. In a popular resort course like this, I would have thought the management would have empowered the marshall to compel the slow players to pickup or at the least let the faster players play through!
I fail to understand why Vidak213 thinks the course is more crowded, especially by Chinese, Indian and Japanese visitors. Are Europeans/westerners not considered visitors too or are they in a special category that do not count?

Visited August 2014
Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best course in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have played some ten rounds on Black Mountain during the last years. It is fair to say that it has become my absolute favourite course in Asia! Great layout, best shape, top caddies, nice architecture and great restaurant.

Unfortunately for me, more and more people are sharing my enthusiasm and Black Mountain is getting more and more crowded, especially by Chinese, Indian and Japanese visitors.

Visited November 2013
perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great golf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Close to Hua hin, caddies great ,facilities fantastic. Great experience. Totally enjoyed our golfing experience. Hua hin golf group organised everything. Highly recommend.

Visited August 2014