“Worth doing!”

Thai Cooking Course Hua Hin
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Hua Hin
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer our customers the opportunity to learn how to cook real Thai food in an authentic home style setting. A typical day begins with a trip to the local market to buy our ingredients. Then back to our traditonal teak home to learn and then cook a variety of dishes. Our business has been running 12 years and our skilled, friendly instructor can teach you the tricks of Thai cooking in a relaxed atmosphere.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I decided to join this course on our honeymoon to enhance our cooking skills further and learn how to cook Thai food the authentic way. We loved the fact that this would take place in a Thai family home with only a handful of other people. This is what made our decision over our hotel's offering.

Transportation to and from our hotel was an added bonus, where firstly we met Beau at a local food market to buy our ingredients for the day. Great that she also pointed out and explained lots of things too.

As more of a novice cook I was a little unsure at first, but Beau demonstrated each course (of which there were four!), then watched and helped when we then did our own. Then followed eating what we had just made! Very very filling and none of us could handle any more food or move much by the end!!

We were also all given a recipe book, with lots of other useful info in, and we could make notes as we went along. After leaving our email addresses, this was swiftly followed up by an email attaching a further copy of the recipe book, including methods etc, and also links to their Facebook page and local places of interest.

A fantastic and authentic way to spend a day and well worth it, a certificate to prove it, and all for under £30!

Clare & Chris Davies.
(Blackpool, England)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Really nice half day cooking and learning about thai kitchen. In our course there were nine people so we cooked in two groups. It was really nice that each participant cooked their own portions. If there would have been a little more time I would have enjoyed my food even more. Totally recommend this course!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The best Cooking Class we attended - good english, informative, stressless and really a Nice setting. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Cute family 2 :-)

1  Thank Kattene
Reviewed 23 July 2014

THAI COOKING COURSE HUA HIN

I visited the Thai cooking course people in Hua Hin Thailand in 2011 and enjoyed it so much that I made a return trip there to do the 2nd part of the course in May 2014.

The course is actually held in a traditional Thai family home so you`ll get a taste of the real Thai experience here. The cooking school arranged a pick up at our hotel door and then whisked us to the market to buy our ingredients fresh as they could possibly be.

We all cooked our own dishes and on the day I cooked the dishes you can see here...and ate them all of course.

Som Tam Thai spicy Papaya salad.

Stir fried Chicken with Dried chilli and cashews.

Fried Pork in Red curry paste.

Honey Mango with sticky coconut rice.

All in all , a very enjoyable experience and I would highly recommend a day here if you`re visiting Thailand.

Oh and the Seafood here in Hua Hin is the best I`ve found anywhere in the world.

1  Thank Cumbriafoodie
Reviewed 14 July 2014

You can often judge the quality of a service for how they cope when things go wrong. We had a great tour of the market to buy the ingredients and then went back to cook them. Just before we arrived the electricity was turned off on the street with no notice. This meant no cooking and no air con, and no idea when it would be back on. Unfazed, Beau and her hubby (an Ozzie) made everyone feel at home, providing cold drinks, cold towels and good company. About an hour later the electricity restored and off we set on the cooking.
Our group had a variety of abilities and everyone learned something. I had done a Thai course before that was also great fun, and I cooked more dishes, but this one was more informative and also gave me a sure fire way of cooking garlic and onions without burning the garlic! I also now understand about coconut cream and why fish sauce is used so much
You get an option of which menu to cook, and if I was to return to this part of the world I would do the course again and do the other menu.

1  Thank Susan F