“Good but Mixed Feeling”

Ranked #187 of 286 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Good but Mixed Feeling”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a bit of difficulty arriving - you have to go to Citin Loft - across the street and down the alley to check-in and get your key before you can go to Royal Express. When you are checking in, ask directly for a room off the road, I asked through my online booking and forgot to ask upfront and was put in a room facing the road. Very noisy.
There is a welcoming security guard at the door to the hotel and the cleaning staff are lovely.
Overall the room was on par. Had nice blackout curtains, was nice and clean, and the room had all the amenities you needed. The bed was unusually hard. The bathroom was very industrial, with public-style toilet paper dispenser (with not very nice toilet paper) and a poorly maintained (dirty) water heater - it lacked the little touches of a nice hotel bathroom. We realize that this is a budget hotel.
The location was good, apart from being right on the road. Very quick walk to the beach.
We would probably return, as knowing what you're getting into can be better than another shot in the dark. But a room off the road is a must.

Room Tip: Tell the check in counter you want a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matt_Emma-Travel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a short walk from the train station and from the beach. As has been said before you check in across the road and are then taken over, the road can be very busy at times but you get used to it.
I had a room at the front and did not have any problem sleeping, the room is a bit out dated but is a good size.
If I return to hua hin I will stay there again

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank gordon s
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

fantastic stay big rooms and clean the cleaner was fantastic close to everything bus stop outside hotel take you to monkey beach fantastic 10 bart best beach guys on the door always happy nothing to much trouble will be back recommend to any one to stay and best of all great value what more do you need

Room Tip: ask for room in the back and first floor very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank audrey w
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 17 February 2014

At just over £10 a night, it was great value, for a 10 night stay

I also got the "Give me your passport" girl when I checked in, but she speaks more English than I speak Thai so can't complain too much :). Only the cleaner seems to be able to speak any English to be honest, she's a lovely lady. People should know about checking in over the road, many reviews mention it.

After requesting a quiet room when booking, & confirming I had been given a quiet room when checking in, I was shown to a room at the front, overlooking the 6 lane very noisy highway right in front of the hotel ha ha. Straight back over the road to request a quiet room at the back as I had already requested. I was asked if I had used anything in the room ??, I had only been in it for a minute to drop my bag off & return to request a room change

Room quickly changed to quiet room at the back, but not a double bed, 2 single mattresses pushed together which I hate. I put up with it for my stay however. Its one of the most irritating things hotels do in my opinion..

Room was a good size, good AC, good WIFI, big fridge & a good location, with a small balcony. All the rooms are accessed off a central stairway, which is not a great idea as it just takes 1 prat coming back late to wake everybody up. Luckily, the hotel guests were all fairly quiet & no late-night noise during my stay luckily, apart from the coughing man in the next room. Didn't matter what time it was at night, whenever I woke up, I could hear cough, cough, cough :)

I don't think I'll return to Hua Hin, but my stay here at the hotel was good. I never got around to checking the swimming pool over the road

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, the road at the front is very noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were in for a shock when we arrived in front of Royal Express. "FOR RENT" stickers were glued to the shop lot downstairs. After calling the number on our booking confirmation slip, we were asked to check in at Citin Loft across the street. Needless to say, we were pretty confused, including our driver.

The check-in process at Citin Loft was quick and the next we knew, the bellboy had put our luggage onto the cart and started to transport it out of the hotel. Off we went through the narrow soi to the main road. The sound from the wheels were scary as the road was uneven, as if they would give way any time. The bellboy took us across to where the "FOR RENT" stickers are and lead us through the tiny door beside it. We had to climb 3 flights of stairs to our rooms and luckily the bellboy and security guard helped us with our luggage.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and water is also provided. Two 600mls in the fridge. One complaint is the air conditioner that is faced directly at my bed, directly into my face. Had to adjust the flap which helped a little.

Internet connection there is just fantastic! The fastest I've experienced in Thailand.

The housekeeping lady was very very friendly and spoke heavily accented English. I could still understand her, so it's not a problem if you want extra slippers, change your towel, get your room cleaned or others which fall under the housekeeping department.

Overall, it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Request for room that is away from main road or you'll have to put up with noise from the traffi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

guess I am picky, particularly after a very late arrival by train from Bangkok, but to be greeted at Citin Loft, where you check in to their Royal Express Annex, by “Give me your passport” was hardly welcoming. Suggest “Please” be added to and made mandatory to Front Desk staff vocabulary. Nor was the welcoming drink and cold towel given me.
Welcome to cheap and cheerful, maybe not so cheerful.
A smiling porter took me over to my room; note ‘smiling,’ it is getting better until I find that my room is on the third floor, no lift, and faces the main drag where the local boy racers practice without mufflers through the late evening.
The room was clean, adequate towels (third world grey), hot water, (once you master the heating system) vast ‘fridge, excellent Wi-Fi.
Location great and, on reflection price great when I checked that the Hilton was Baht 8.000 a night.
Breakfast next door or at a number of local restaurants.
NB - Security staff on duty at street door every time I went in and ou

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main drag
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The hotel is close to the beach and city center. The hotel reception is on the other side of the road and we stayed at another complex named Citin. Like many many hotels of Hua Hin, it's not possible to have a sea view room here but the rooms are good and the staffs are nice.

Room Tip: It's better to stay in the main hotel complex to have easier service
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family