All reviews weight loss kung fu muay thai life changing experience body fat training area week stay other guests stayed longer monkey mountain nice pool trainers valerie fitter fitness gears hiit
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I visited Palapon in May 2013 as a Martial Arts (Wing Tsun) student from Australia. What I expected before I arrived was a hard edge training camp with lots of super fit Martial Artists, very focussed on themselves. What I found was very different and something really quite unexpected.
Klaus and Valerie as exceptional hosts, friends and teachers have created a very special place, somewhere where I felt more relaxed than I have been for some time.

Whilst there is a very serious training facility within Palapon and some very talented people training and refining skills, there was absolutely no ego’s or attitudes associated with the students in camp. It’s an incredibly welcoming environment for students of all levels.

During my stay at Palapon I met the most eclectic group of residents from all around the world. People all with a different story to tell, people who have lived some life and have the stories to accompany their experiences. A place like Palapon and hosts like Klauss and Valerie are going to attract those kind of characters. The conversation with hosts and residents was nothing other than fascinating and entertaining, another unexpected bonus.

Hua Hin is a quite traditional town and I’m sure there are many reviews on this site. Of all my travelling in Thailand it is the place where I never felt victim of a 2 speed tourist economy. Consequently, it’s a cost effective option in this wonderful country.

Being originally from London and now Melbourne, having travelled a lot through Asia, I was curious about the security of bungalow accommodation. Klaus explained prior to my arrival how secure the camp and surroundings are. Having now stayed, I can see that is the case. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so surprised as it is a Martial Arts centre of excellence after all. There are easier targets for les desirables I’m sure. I loved the laid back atmosphere, wildlife, bungalow accommodation, local style facilities, dojo’s and ambiance that surrounds the place.

It must also be highlighted just how easy Klaus makes the process of booking and getting to Palapon. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone at any time, connections and pick ups were always exactly where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be. Getting there couldn’t be easier.

I went to train and learn some additional skills, what I also got were some new friends and a perfect escape after an intense few months at work.

If you’re looking for somewhere to train, live very healthily, share entertaining conversation and unwind, Palapon is the place. I highly recommend a visit. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Spoons1550
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Been Caqmp Palapon in Juli/Aug.2013 for Fitness & Wing Tsun. But done Muay Thai too ;-) Everything is perfect .... Location, Bungalow, Food, Training & Exercises. But the BEST are Klaus & Valerie .... they make you feel like 'Home' and treat you like you're part of the family. Training is really tough and [--] - THX to Klaus for that! :-D
He really pushed me beyond my limits .... and that's what's it all about in the end. This was my best vacation ever and maybe one - even "the one" - of my best decisions. I will try to come back soon - promise!
A very very special THX goes to SiFu Klaus for giving me deep insight in the Wing Tsun System --- now i know that it's about seeing and understanding the little things to advance and become better in my own Wing Tsun. Love & Kisses. Mike

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Saupacker
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Right from the time I landed in Bangkok, Klaus and his team could not have been more helpful or encouraging. The training was perfectly tailored to my strengths/weaknesses, goals and expectations. Obviously a bit apprehensive at the start as I had not done serious training in a while, by the end of the first session, all apprehensive feelings had been well and truly put to rest. Klaus and Meau were an excellent team and know exactly how to push you to the right limits. The food was more than substantial and very tasty with every meal different and a treat. The rooms are basic but very clean and it adds to the atmosphere of why you are there! The way I felt after completion of the course is incredible, not just from losing the KG's but toning up. It gave me a new insight into food, training and what the body is capable of. The difference with the intensity level in 2 weeks was amazing and since leaving it has made sticking to a routine much easier. Whether you are a person coming from injury, looking to increase existing fitness or just lose weight, I would strongly recommend this place. You will not be disappointed and I hope to return again in the coming months for a top up!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Exceeds far beyond expectations. I've been a long term student for many years, but now live over seas. I always have! To go back every time I visit Thailand.

Spacious and friendly setting very close to the beach, markets, temple and locations for site seeing. It does make you feel close to nature. The hosts Klaus Lippert and his wife Valerie, are always very friendly and welcoming. They literally make you feel like family and for me it feels like a second home. Whole camp is cleaned spotless everyday. There's always friendly interesting people stopping by.

You will benefit in so many ways from the camp; whether its fitness performance, martial arts, dietary, and even improving your self as a human being. What you will learn there is not a dayly increase, but a dayly decrease. Quote " Bruce lee". The fitness training and knowledge given to me from Klaus has strengthened my body and improved my endurance running, that I now compete in Spartan races with ease.

You have lots of time for leisure, site seeing and experiencing Thai culture. Klaus and Valerie will give you advice on the best places to go and keep you away from the unnecessary places to go. It's a life changing experience you'll never forget. Along the way you'll make lots of new friends and find out more about your self as a person you never knew before. A definitely unique place unlike anywhere else in the world.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sam A
Reviewed 1 October 2012

When a friend of mine and me recently visited Thailand for the first time, we were highly sceptical about anything that could happen to us, one could even describe us as overcarefull.
But when we arrived at Bangkok Airport, got picked up by a friendly man and were brought to the idyllic camp, all our concerns where dispelled by Klaus Lippert and his family.
We had 10 wonderfull days there, which were just perfect for us to adapt to the different manners etc. in Thailand and lose our hectic european attitude.
Allthough the fitness and Wing Tsun training kept us quite busy, which was god in order not to gett too lazy, we had a lot of time to visit several temples. Thanks to Klaus´and Valeries´tipps, we were able to pick out the nicest places and could avoid some crowded or just unnecessary-to-go places.
The price included breakfast about which several much more expensive hotels i´ve been to could be proud of, as it was fresh, healthy, tasty and just lovely to enjoy in the increasing heat. The rooms (with fan) are perfect, as one should not travel to Thailand in order to stay in the room all day, but to sleep there. The very clean and comfortable beds ensured a nice sleep and some nets even protected us from the few mosquitos we noticed. Everything was cleaned daily which differed a lot from the other places we stayed at during the rest of our vacation.
All in all, I highly recommend the camp to everyone travelling the first time in Thailand and as well to everyone just seeking a place to enjoy Hua Hin in combination with training on a very qualified level.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends