All reviewsweight losskung fumuay thailife changing experiencebody fattraining areaweek stayother guestsstayed longermonkey mountainnice pooltrainersvaleriefitterfitnessgearshiit
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have just arrived home from my stay at Camp Palapon. In total I completed 3 weeks of the weightloss program and couldn't be happier with my results.

Prior to booking I had doubts just as much as the next person. But instantly on arrival I felt welcomed & as the days went on I was able to feel at home. Both Klaus & his wife Valerie were very supportive and helped me to stay positive, motivated and most of all focused.

The training itself is catered around your own fitness ability and only increased when my fitness did, this allowed me to continue to improve over the course of my time there and ultimately immensely improve my fitness, flexibility and stamina.

The food is put together by French Chefs and is calorie controlled but I was never left starving. Plenty of protein, vegetables, salads & my favorite soups!

Camp Palapon is the ideal weightloss camp which won't break the bank and it is set it the pure and beautiful Hua Hin, all in all it was like I was training in paradise!

Thanks again Klaus & Valerie you guys have helped me to take the right steps in changing my life !!

Michael x

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Mgrace89
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was planning to go for 3 weeks to camp Palapon, but ended up staying the whole month.

Klaus really knew how to push me and made me realise that I can do much more then I thought I could. It was just what I needed, loved the people there.

I will be back :)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rutsaert
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I visited Palapon in May 2013 as a Martial Arts (Wing Tsun) student from Australia. What I expected before I arrived was a hard edge training camp with lots of super fit Martial Artists, very focussed on themselves. What I found was very different and something really quite unexpected.
Klaus and Valerie as exceptional hosts, friends and teachers have created a very special place, somewhere where I felt more relaxed than I have been for some time.

Whilst there is a very serious training facility within Palapon and some very talented people training and refining skills, there was absolutely no ego’s or attitudes associated with the students in camp. It’s an incredibly welcoming environment for students of all levels.

During my stay at Palapon I met the most eclectic group of residents from all around the world. People all with a different story to tell, people who have lived some life and have the stories to accompany their experiences. A place like Palapon and hosts like Klauss and Valerie are going to attract those kind of characters. The conversation with hosts and residents was nothing other than fascinating and entertaining, another unexpected bonus.

Hua Hin is a quite traditional town and I’m sure there are many reviews on this site. Of all my travelling in Thailand it is the place where I never felt victim of a 2 speed tourist economy. Consequently, it’s a cost effective option in this wonderful country.

Being originally from London and now Melbourne, having travelled a lot through Asia, I was curious about the security of bungalow accommodation. Klaus explained prior to my arrival how secure the camp and surroundings are. Having now stayed, I can see that is the case. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so surprised as it is a Martial Arts centre of excellence after all. There are easier targets for les desirables I’m sure. I loved the laid back atmosphere, wildlife, bungalow accommodation, local style facilities, dojo’s and ambiance that surrounds the place.

It must also be highlighted just how easy Klaus makes the process of booking and getting to Palapon. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone at any time, connections and pick ups were always exactly where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be. Getting there couldn’t be easier.

I went to train and learn some additional skills, what I also got were some new friends and a perfect escape after an intense few months at work.

If you’re looking for somewhere to train, live very healthily, share entertaining conversation and unwind, Palapon is the place. I highly recommend a visit. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Spoons1550
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Been Caqmp Palapon in Juli/Aug.2013 for Fitness & Wing Tsun. But done Muay Thai too ;-) Everything is perfect .... Location, Bungalow, Food, Training & Exercises. But the BEST are Klaus & Valerie .... they make you feel like 'Home' and treat you like you're part of the family. Training is really tough and [--] - THX to Klaus for that! :-D
He really pushed me beyond my limits .... and that's what's it all about in the end. This was my best vacation ever and maybe one - even "the one" - of my best decisions. I will try to come back soon - promise!
A very very special THX goes to SiFu Klaus for giving me deep insight in the Wing Tsun System --- now i know that it's about seeing and understanding the little things to advance and become better in my own Wing Tsun. Love & Kisses. Mike

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Saupacker
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Right from the time I landed in Bangkok, Klaus and his team could not have been more helpful or encouraging. The training was perfectly tailored to my strengths/weaknesses, goals and expectations. Obviously a bit apprehensive at the start as I had not done serious training in a while, by the end of the first session, all apprehensive feelings had been well and truly put to rest. Klaus and Meau were an excellent team and know exactly how to push you to the right limits. The food was more than substantial and very tasty with every meal different and a treat. The rooms are basic but very clean and it adds to the atmosphere of why you are there! The way I felt after completion of the course is incredible, not just from losing the KG's but toning up. It gave me a new insight into food, training and what the body is capable of. The difference with the intensity level in 2 weeks was amazing and since leaving it has made sticking to a routine much easier. Whether you are a person coming from injury, looking to increase existing fitness or just lose weight, I would strongly recommend this place. You will not be disappointed and I hope to return again in the coming months for a top up!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo