All reviewsweight losskung fumuay thailife changing experiencebody fattraining areaweek stayother guestsstayed longermonkey mountainnice pooltrainersvaleriefitterfitnessgearshiit
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Kalus was the most gracious host, taking care of me as the camp was full. From day 1 of fitness, I felt like I was a part of the group. Klaus was a hard task master, but clearly catered for everyone's ability levels. The thai boxing was most enjoyable. The coaches were not only hard, but could enjoy a laugh and joke! The massages were amazing, thanks for suggesting Mr. Ling aka "Mr.Pain" and Da too!! The camp had a warm and vibrant energy about it, everyone was very respectful of one another. I look forward to returning and next time staying longer!

Room Tip: It is a camp style environment- rooms are very comfortable for a camp, fan, storage space and comfortable bed :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Fantastic experience and feeling miles better. I needed a huge kick up the backside and thats exactly what I got, Klaus and the team are all incredibly friendly and supportive and all the guests are there for a common goal so equally supportive of one another. The camps lovely, reminds me of a little surf village, it's basic but has everything you need. If you want to escape the madness of day to day work though and focus on yourself, your health and well-being then this is perfect, it's very quiet there. I was so unfit when I arrived and took things very slowly but really felt i'd come a long way by the end of the stay. You're given x3 meals a day, breakfast was fantastic and much appreciated after a walk up monkey mountain and an hour of circuit training every morning. I found I slept a lot as I was often exhausted after the training, but again felt great at the end of my stay. I actually suffered from sleep apnea when I arrived but after just 6 weeks there, training and eating well I'm sleeping through the night and have stopped snoring all together which is amazing. Klaus and the gang often put on events or day trips on the Sundays, things like Elephant trekking, temple site seeing or Thai boxing. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking to loose a bit of weight or just get away from everything. It's not really that tough physically - I mean you ache head to toe morning to night every day but thats part of the fun - it's more tough mentally but if you'll feel miles better for it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jimmyray2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

There are better value fitness camps in Phuket with better quality equipment
Nicer parts of Thailand to visit
Bars near the place will keep you up at night with loud music
Runs are sometimes along a main type road, unpleasant inhaling fumes

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
27  Thank VehementlyVeracious
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have just arrived home from my stay at Camp Palapon. In total I completed 3 weeks of the weightloss program and couldn't be happier with my results.

Prior to booking I had doubts just as much as the next person. But instantly on arrival I felt welcomed & as the days went on I was able to feel at home. Both Klaus & his wife Valerie were very supportive and helped me to stay positive, motivated and most of all focused.

The training itself is catered around your own fitness ability and only increased when my fitness did, this allowed me to continue to improve over the course of my time there and ultimately immensely improve my fitness, flexibility and stamina.

The food is put together by French Chefs and is calorie controlled but I was never left starving. Plenty of protein, vegetables, salads & my favorite soups!

Camp Palapon is the ideal weightloss camp which won't break the bank and it is set it the pure and beautiful Hua Hin, all in all it was like I was training in paradise!

Thanks again Klaus & Valerie you guys have helped me to take the right steps in changing my life !!

Michael x

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Mgrace89
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was planning to go for 3 weeks to camp Palapon, but ended up staying the whole month.

Klaus really knew how to push me and made me realise that I can do much more then I thought I could. It was just what I needed, loved the people there.

I will be back :)