All reviews weight loss kung fu muay thai life changing experience body fat training area week stay other guests stayed longer monkey mountain nice pool trainers valerie fitter fitness gears hiit
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I researched so many camps and had high expectations from Camp Palapon after reading the previous reviews. And I wasn't disappointed! Everything about the camp exceeded my expectations. Klaus and Valerie have created a very special environment in which to get fit and lose weight in a simple and honest way - eat well and exercise. Ee-am ensures your bungalow is clean and Da, Noi and Joo provide superb massages to ease your aches and pains. The food is of a high quality and the support from other camp members really inspires you. I loved the daily hike and the Muy Thai sessions and both the trainers Koh and Meaw are fantastic. I am keeping up with Muy Thai! Each camp member is encouraged to be the best they can be and to strive to improve. I was a little nervous on my own at first but the camp has such a close bond that it is impossible to not feel part of "the family". I love all that Klaus and Valerie represent - inspirational fitness level and intelligent conversation. Don't be worried about the Thai shower and lack of en suite - the simplicity works perfectly!
I almost want to eat cake so I have a reason to return!! Seriously, I would definitely return to maintain fitness in such a friendly environment that considers not only your physical health but spiritual and emotional too. Thank you Klaus and Valerie for your kindness when I was ill and for sharing with me a glimpse of how life can be.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank NickyW118
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I’ve recently returned from Palapon; what a fantastic kick-start to 2014.

I had such a great time, Klaus and Valerie were so welcoming and accommodating. The camp environment was fantastic and I quickly settled into the weight loss program. The other guests of the camp had a massive impact on my stay; I met some awesome people who made my 6 weeks such an enjoyable experience.

The weight loss program Klaus runs is achievable; you’re treated as an individual with each person doing their own program relevant to their ability. Klaus regularly reviews your program to meet your changing fitness levels. The Muay Thai boxing was awesome; the trainer was fantastic ... with great English, a good sense of humor, loads of fights under his belt and years of experience as a trainer... couldn’t have asked for better...

The Staff at Palapon were wonderful; from the lady who kept the camp and your bungalow clean and tidy, to the gardener and the lovely girls who do the massage. They were all friendly, happy and fantastic at their jobs. We often spent our spare time or day off with the staff exploring all that Hua Hin had to offer; from the local shopping center for some retail therapy, night markets, fight night, shooting range, water park, Pala U national Park and much more.

The camp location and facilities are great, although the music can travel from the main road some ear plugs from the pharmacy does the trick and the music quickly becomes part of the camp atmosphere. The breeze that flows through the camp and sala takes the edge off the heat during the day. The bungalows were simple with the fan and mozzie neat doing the trick keeping you comfortable at night. Initially I bulked at not having my own shower and toilet, but as it turned out the facilities were fine... loved it.

Such a great place to start the year, and although I was there for the weight loss program... i’d recommend it to anyone be it for fitness or weight loss... Klaus accommodates everyone no matter what your goal is... there really is not better place, ticked all the boxes for me – definitely value for money... there is nothing like this in Australia that even comes close!

THANK YOU KLAUS! i'm so pleased with my results and will definitely return for the fitness program :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank elise m
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Kalus was the most gracious host, taking care of me as the camp was full. From day 1 of fitness, I felt like I was a part of the group. Klaus was a hard task master, but clearly catered for everyone's ability levels. The thai boxing was most enjoyable. The coaches were not only hard, but could enjoy a laugh and joke! The massages were amazing, thanks for suggesting Mr. Ling aka "Mr.Pain" and Da too!! The camp had a warm and vibrant energy about it, everyone was very respectful of one another. I look forward to returning and next time staying longer!

Room Tip: It is a camp style environment- rooms are very comfortable for a camp, fan, storage space and comfortable bed :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Fantastic experience and feeling miles better. I needed a huge kick up the backside and thats exactly what I got, Klaus and the team are all incredibly friendly and supportive and all the guests are there for a common goal so equally supportive of one another. The camps lovely, reminds me of a little surf village, it's basic but has everything you need. If you want to escape the madness of day to day work though and focus on yourself, your health and well-being then this is perfect, it's very quiet there. I was so unfit when I arrived and took things very slowly but really felt i'd come a long way by the end of the stay. You're given x3 meals a day, breakfast was fantastic and much appreciated after a walk up monkey mountain and an hour of circuit training every morning. I found I slept a lot as I was often exhausted after the training, but again felt great at the end of my stay. I actually suffered from sleep apnea when I arrived but after just 6 weeks there, training and eating well I'm sleeping through the night and have stopped snoring all together which is amazing. Klaus and the gang often put on events or day trips on the Sundays, things like Elephant trekking, temple site seeing or Thai boxing. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking to loose a bit of weight or just get away from everything. It's not really that tough physically - I mean you ache head to toe morning to night every day but thats part of the fun - it's more tough mentally but if you'll feel miles better for it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jimmyray2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

There are better value fitness camps in Phuket with better quality equipment
Nicer parts of Thailand to visit
Bars near the place will keep you up at night with loud music
Runs are sometimes along a main type road, unpleasant inhaling fumes

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo