All reviewsweight losskung fumuay thailife changing experiencebody fattraining areaweek stayother guestsstayed longermonkey mountainnice pooltrainersvaleriefitterfitnessgearshiit
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I had decided last year that I would take some time off to get myself fit and loose the excess kgs that I have carried for too long. I started researching boot camps, weight loss retreats and the like in Aus, the US and europe and was a bit disappointed at the cost of the programs and what was offered. I finally looked in asia and found the palapon website, the program that was outlined sounded like it was what I was looking for and the price was reasonable.
I booked for 12 weeks starting in feb and flew into thailand ready to make the changes that were needed. Klaus set a realistic starting point and then scheduled increases to keep the improvements going. It allowed me to progress and not feel like I was going backwards. All of the people who were staying there while I was at the camp were focused on their goals and also had fun with it which made it fun for me as well.
I lost 26kgs of fat and gained 5+kgs of muscle. It was a great result that has me returning for another month to keep up my fitness.
Anyone who is looking for a real fitness and weight loss program that is something you can put into action when you return home this is the place

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had put on a bit of excess weight over the last five years and decided it was time to do something about it. I began researching weight loss camps and was surprised by the extortionate prices and particularly in Thailand, the emphasis on juicing practices rather than fitness and clean eating. When I came across Palapon it was a huge relief as it provided excellent value for money as well as supported training regimes targeted to your fitness level. It sounded almost to good to be true when compared to other weight loss camps so I booked it straight away for 6 weeks.
I arrived at Palapon slightly apprehensive as to what to expect but was immediately made to feel welcome by Valerie and Klaus and not to mention the rest of the camp. The environment is very unique as you can really switch off from life's distractions and focus on yourself 100%. Everyone during my stay was very approachable and friendly and when you are absorbed in a world of fitness for 6 weeks, it helps to have people around you with the same goal that can encourage and keep you going!
I was very happy with the accommodation as it was clean and cleaned regularly and the shared toilet and shower did not bother me. It is basic but then again when you look at the price, I was far happier for the money to be spent in areas that were going to make a real difference to me moving forwards like the meals and the fitness itself which I felt it definitely was.
The fitness regime was something I was slightly worried about as I had not done any exercise for a good couple of years but I need not have worried! Klaus assesses your individual fitness and then prepares a personalised programme based on that so you are always pushed but in a realistic way! It was really exciting to see yourself getting stronger over the weeks and notice a visible difference and Klaus was always on hand to offer support and motivation and most importantly, the classes are fun! The Muay Thai boxing was fantastic! Having never done any martial arts before, I was really impressed with the trainers and again, how fun they made it! It is a great way to stay in shape and I am already looking for Muay Thai classes in London to keep things going at home.

My time at Palapon has been a significant milestone for me and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get out of a rut or just improve there fitness. I ended up loosing a stone and a half (around 10 kilos) at camp and have since gone on to loose more weight showing that the methods you learn at Palapon really can be applied at home! More importantly, I feel happier, more confident and excited about the future and what I can achieve and that to me is priceless! Thank you klaus, Valerie and the rest of the team! I can't wait to return to the Palapon family in the coming weeks to continue on my weight loss journey!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dingers84
Reviewed 22 April 2014

There were 2 reason I chose Palapon. First was the cost, second was the program. Cost: one whole month, plus airfare from California to Thailand, for less than a week at a spa in the USA. The program: Basic, daily exercise, designed for you to start at your fitness level, but cranked up to keep you challenged, and then good healthy food. I did a lot of research, I did not want group therapy, or any popular juice diet. I needed basic training. I was a fat, lazy, 65 year old man, and I drank too much beer. I certainly got what I needed at Palapon.

You can read all the other good reviews about the camp, and what Klaus and Valerie are doing. The staff are great, it is all very supportive, and even fun. I do not need to add anything to that. What I will tell you is that this program works, it really works. To state the obvious, you will only get out of it what you put into it, but this is the real deal. If you do what Klaus sets out for you, then you will improve your overall fitness, increase your flexibility, and lose weight; period. I lost 10 kilos, 23 pounds, in one month. But that is not the important thing. I am fitter, healthier, more flexible, more energetic. I also learned everything I need to do to keep it going, and I do not need to buy any expensive equipment to achieve that.

This is the real deal. There is no magic bullet. There is no secret. This works. I cannot thank Palapon enough for what I was able to achieve, but like Klaus said when I was leaving, it was me who did the work. If you have the determination, this is what you need. I can not say enough about Camp Palapon, they will help you get where you want to be.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Alan s
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Klaus and Valerie have tailored an amazing, healthy program for diet and exercise. The food was nutritious, with realistic amounts of what we needed to be eating. With Klaus's training exercises, he could assess the individual's needs and cater to each person accordingly. When I arrived, I was massively overweight, with a poor diet and had poor fitness levels. After 6 weeks, I had lost 10 kilos of fat, I could walk 7 kilometres a day, do 1 and a half hours of aerobic exercises and half an hour of Thai Boxing. I've had a weight problem for a long time, but my stay at Camp Palapon was the first time I have genuinely lost a decent amount of weight and gained aerobic fitness.

For anyone out there who wants to lose weight and gain fitness and confidence, I would seriously recommend Camp Palapon, where there is a no thrills attitude to health and fitness. A BIG thank you to Valerie and Klaus for helping restore my confidence and self esteem. If you are thinking about doing something likes this, do yourself a huge favour and book a trip to Camp Palapon, you will not regret it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I researched so many camps and had high expectations from Camp Palapon after reading the previous reviews. And I wasn't disappointed! Everything about the camp exceeded my expectations. Klaus and Valerie have created a very special environment in which to get fit and lose weight in a simple and honest way - eat well and exercise. Ee-am ensures your bungalow is clean and Da, Noi and Joo provide superb massages to ease your aches and pains. The food is of a high quality and the support from other camp members really inspires you. I loved the daily hike and the Muy Thai sessions and both the trainers Koh and Meaw are fantastic. I am keeping up with Muy Thai! Each camp member is encouraged to be the best they can be and to strive to improve. I was a little nervous on my own at first but the camp has such a close bond that it is impossible to not feel part of "the family". I love all that Klaus and Valerie represent - inspirational fitness level and intelligent conversation. Don't be worried about the Thai shower and lack of en suite - the simplicity works perfectly!
I almost want to eat cake so I have a reason to return!! Seriously, I would definitely return to maintain fitness in such a friendly environment that considers not only your physical health but spiritual and emotional too. Thank you Klaus and Valerie for your kindness when I was ill and for sharing with me a glimpse of how life can be.

• Stayed: March 2014