“Don't put this opportunity off, book today”
Review of Camp Palapon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hua Hin
Camp Palapon
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't put this opportunity off, book today”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I researched weight loss camps in Australia two years ago and I couldn't afford them. By chance another Thailand camp appeared in my google search and that led me to do more research. I put off coming to Palapon for two years telling myself I should be saving money for a deposit for a house or focusing on my career. I continued to follow Klaus and Palapon on fb for two years before I finally reached a place of such stress and ill health that I was close to having a break down.
I stayed for three weeks which was not enough, but in that time, the girl who dreaded sport at school discovered muay Thai with friendly and motivating trainers. Klaus is very knowledgeable and gave me techniques to complete several excercises, I had never been able to complete before such as full sit ups. I arrived with a left shoulder injury and through Klaus stretch classes, he helped me to almost completely heal the injury through safe stretching and I now have significantly better flexibility in this shoulder.
Palapon feels very safe and secure and is very clean. There is noise from a local bar some nights but you quickly get used to this. Other people staying at the camp encourage you and walk
alongside you. We would share highs and lows with each other, strategies to deal with blisters and go out for a drink or meal together sometimes.
The program was tough at first as I was the queen of procrastination and I excuses not to excercise but seeing other residents smash goals spurred me into action and I learnt to love the challenge more. I felt very proud to be complimented by my trainers for my strength. I won't be the same again.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank gingerade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sogndal Municipality, Norway
Reviewed 28 July 2014

After finishing my bachelor degree I decided to do something for myself. I started to search the internet for places to go where I could challenge myself, get fit and meet new people. I found Camp Palapon. What a place! From the moment I stepped into the camp I felt welcomed. Klaus, Valerie and staff are amazing!

The accommodation is nice and clean. The bungalow is cleaned six days a week and the meals are tasteful and good. Thai shower is not a problem, neither is the shared toilet and shower.

The training is hard, but fun. Klaus made a training program based on my fitness level, and changed it and made it more challenging as my fitness got better. As soon as a exercise became «easy» he gave me more repetitions or found a new challenging exercise. To have someone pushing me like that was just what I needed! It is so good to feel and see the results from the training!

The Muay Thai training was awesome. The trainers push you hard, but they are an inspiration and they are funny to be around.

Valerie and Klaus are just the perfect team. They treat you as family, and help you with any problem you may have. On Sundays they sometimes arranged trips. During my stay we visited Dolphin Bay, Santorini Waterpark and the waterfalls in Pala-U. They also brought us to Muay thai fight nights, which was very fun!

The camp has the perfect atmosphere for focusing on yourself and your fitness goals, and you have a amazing team around to help, inspire, motivate and push you. If you travel alone you do not have to be afraid of not making friends. I met people who inspired me and I made friends for life! A stay at Camp Palapon is good value for your money. I stayed there for eight weeks and I would recommend to stay there for at least four weeks.

During my stay I learned a lot about myself and I found the inspiration and motivation to follow my dreams. I can recommend a stay at Camp Palapon. It will change your body and soul, and you will return to your everyday life as a different person, a better person. And you would like to come back. I know I will.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marianne L
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Can't imagine a better place to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals whilst learning about Muay Thai and Thai culture. I was only there for two weeks (and was very happy with the results) but you only have to talk some of the people who have been there a bit longer to realise that this place transforms and even saves lives.

Though be aware that it is really really really hard work - Klaus will push you harder than you think you can go. I spent a lot of time sleeping in the first week, but after that things get a lot better.

Klaus and Valery are very welcoming hosts with a great knowledge of Thailand and the Muay Thai trainers are very patient and have a great sense of humour.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Chateauneuf-les-Martigues, France
Reviewed 20 June 2014

safe, clean, typical, convenient, and really near to the main street et the town of Hua Hin. Klaus and Valery take care of you. You just have to follow the training program but that is the most difficult. And the cheapest !!! So don't hesite.

Room Tip: Il s'agit de bungalows indépendants et tous identiques, avec petite terrasse.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Laurent O
Perpignan, France
Reviewed 6 June 2014

As a couple who needed to improve our fitness, we decided to challenge ourselves by spending a week at Camp Palapon since we read so many good reviews on TA.
We booked the intensive program - which clearly lives up to its name! The hardest part of the program for us was the early morning, when we had to run (or walk for me as I'm not able to run) through the lovely village of Takiab (in Hua Hin) to climb impressive stairs leading to a temple, and going back running or walking to the camp. Really exhausting but what a way to start the day! Would never have done it on our own... Then during the rest of the day, Klaus got us to do tailored circuit training & abdominal training, and at the end of day came the much dreaded and loved Muay Thai boxing with lovely Thai trainers. All in all, it was pretty tiring but not as exhausting as it sounds since we got plenty of rest to recover. Our third day was the worst - as it had been for everyone in the camp apparently - as our muscles were so sore we thought we could not train anymore. The program is well balanced to give you a (slightly) less hard day when your body feels exhausted and the next day, you can definitely feel your muscles being stronger. What a thrill!
The experience was overall very good and now - one week later - we can definitely feel that our health got better and that our muscles grew stronger. And more importantly, we have more energy!
Truth is, while leaving the camp, we regretted not to have booked a second week to keep on enjoying the positive effects of the camp...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gteix
Kampot, Cambodia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

8 weeks at Palapon fitness and Muay Thai transformed how I looked, felt and how I moved. Being 52 carrying too much weight, not exercising enough I felt weak and unhappy. When I started the first two weeks were hard, but Klaus is a very good trainer, he keeps you honest with yourself and as the days went by I found very quickly strength and fitness returning. I cannot quite describe how grateful I am to the Palapon team and how glad I am that I made the decision to book into this wonderful fitness camp. The Thai trainers are professional, friendly and awesome fighters, Klaus is very knowledgeable on training and eating for weight loss and fitness, the food is an amazing mix of Thai and Western, lots of healthy protein and vegetables. On weekends the members of the camp went out for dinner, local markets, Thai fight nights, we even got to Songkran, ie we had fun. The camp is like an adult holiday camp, so basic, but comfortable, reminded me of school camps. There are people of all ages, all nationality the common factor everyone is supportive. I have been home now for three weeks, joined a gym that has Crossfit, kickboxing and running so I am continuing, something I could only have imagined 3 months ago. The thing is I came back feeling so fantastic, looking so great it was impossible not to continue in my life. My advice.. Just do it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Daisy418
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I had decided last year that I would take some time off to get myself fit and loose the excess kgs that I have carried for too long. I started researching boot camps, weight loss retreats and the like in Aus, the US and europe and was a bit disappointed at the cost of the programs and what was offered. I finally looked in asia and found the palapon website, the program that was outlined sounded like it was what I was looking for and the price was reasonable.
I booked for 12 weeks starting in feb and flew into thailand ready to make the changes that were needed. Klaus set a realistic starting point and then scheduled increases to keep the improvements going. It allowed me to progress and not feel like I was going backwards. All of the people who were staying there while I was at the camp were focused on their goals and also had fun with it which made it fun for me as well.
I lost 26kgs of fat and gained 5+kgs of muscle. It was a great result that has me returning for another month to keep up my fitness.
Anyone who is looking for a real fitness and weight loss program that is something you can put into action when you return home this is the place

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo