“Could be better !”
Review of ibis Hua Hin

Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I didn't enjoyed my stay in Ibis Hua Hin that much. The room was average, no desk to put your daily stuff as camera or use your laptop.

The breakfast was not included and expensive. I think that you can find best hotel with same daily rate including breakfast.

The worst was the cleaning of the room. My wife has black hair really easy to find on the ground, I still can understand how they didn't saw while cleaning the shower !

Far from the city but close from the new night market (the kind of market made for tourists...)

At this rate, easy to find better in Hua Hin !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear G R,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Hua Hin.

I am sorry that there were some aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. At ibis, we aim to provide warm welcome and quality service at the best value for money. Promotional rates and discount on both accommodation and dining are launched periodically on our brand web site.

In reference to the cleanliness, I am assuring you that the situation you described is a single case incident, since we receive also a lot of positive comments. Please accept my sincerest apologies and note that this shortfall has been addressed with the housekeeping team for appropriate corrective measures.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank J3414UHchrisc
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Well, there was not anything bad with ibis.

The location was good, room was good, hotel exterior and interior was good. The only small negative thing was just the absence of the luggage carrying service. So, i had to carry my luggages by myself. Anyway, that was ibis style that i have seen in all my experience with ibis. Anyway, never mind. But just for the customers who have a lot of luggages, this can cause inconvenience to them. Others than that it was fine. Will come back again if i travel alone.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MariaHicoralcove
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear MariaHicoralcove,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at the ibis Hua Hin.

It was with pleasure to read that you liked our location, facilities and cleanliness. Indeed, as you noted, at ibis we aim to provide warm welcome and best value for money service for all of our customers.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the ibis Hua Hin.

An Accor traveller
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank An Accor traveller
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We like to visit the Ibis hotels in Thailand, because the check in is fast, the price is reasonable and the rooms are clean. In most Ibis hotels we also enjoy the pool bar and restaurant, but in Hua Hin it is unfortunately missing. In the evening the hotel bar and restaurant is empty.

Therefore Ibis Hua Hin works for us as short stay, or transit stay. But the hotel doesn't offer any entertainment, except of a small pool.

Small note: we book family rooms with xbox for our kids. But the hotel had no games at all. So no xbox for the kids.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank FredHaentjens
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Pros:
Helpful staff (not the girl in the morning though), shuttle service to the town, good airflow on the top floor. Like the locking system in the room.

Cons:
no space in the bathroom. Toilet floor is mostly wet after showering even the door closed. Need at least 2 floor towels, one in the toilet and one in front of the toilet.
Water pressure is fairly weak and not stable. Sometimes it's super hot and suddenly it's cold.
Floor in the room was dirty with some sticky liquid on it, also at the balcony. Run-out shampoo+shower gel when check-in, room maid should have checked it before guests check in. It totally ran out, not a drip left.
One of our pillow cover was stink because of humidity.

Would come back if the housekeeping work improves.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tzazen
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Tzazen,

Thank you for taking the time and posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It was with pleasure to read that you found most of our employees of a great help. I will pass your comment to all, as believe that will serve as encouragement. Thank you also for commending on our safety room features and convenience of the shuttle service to the city center.

On another hand, I am sorry that some aspects of the room cleanliness fell below our standards. This shortfall and your comments about the technical issue with the shower have been communicated to the relevant departments for improvements.

Thank you again for your review and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Simply, you got clean functional room at very reasonable price. Sleeping quality was ok but the air con was producing little buzzing sound to which didn't disturb me (mine's at home is louder ..lol)
Swimming pool, a plus, and i didn't mind trying it when the sea's out there.
I didn't aim to spend my time lingering .. relaxing in the hotel so I would say it was excellent as a shelter after long adventurous day.

Location wise, not in the heart of hua hin, but not far neither. I believe they provide shuttle but I didn't use the service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear MarkJ19,

Thank you very much for your post on TripAdvisor and for commending on our cleanliness and good value. Indeed, these are the features of ibis brand that make us one of the world’s leader in the economy hotels. I also really appreciate you pointed out the technical issue with the air-conditioning in your room. I am ensuring you we will take appropriate action to have all guest rooms checked for similar issues and fixed accordingly.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.