“It's ... OK”

Ranked #20 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“It's ... OK”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you're simply looking for a clean, comfortable place to lay your head, the Ibis Hua Hin is a serviceable and reasonably priced choice. The facility is blandly corporate but in good repair; the breakfast buffet offers a fair variety, although some dishes are only a step or two above cafeteria quality. Professional staff, as you'd expect from a respected "value" brand.

If memorable accommodations are a big part of your travel experience, the Intercon is up the street. But if dependable, no-surprises quality of service is all you want and need ... yeah, sure, Ibis is fine.

Room Tip: Nicer views are higher up.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Heffay1952,

Thank you for your recent stay and for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the hotel and left satisfied with our quality services. As you pointed out, at ibis we aim to deliver the essential service at the best value.

Your recommendations on the breakfast buffet are also well noted and will be further communicated to our Chef for improvements.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

ibis Hua Hin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 25 April 2014

First thing the rooms are the smallest things ever and we could barely walk around without bumping into something. the hotel is situated on a 6 lane highway that is near impossible to cross as well as the hotel taxi service was the worst I have ever encountered and barely understand where we want to go. The next thing is the mediocre staff none of them know what you're saying and just can't think. I'm not happy with this hotel at all. I will never stay here again nor ever reccomend to anyone ever to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Curiousdevil
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Curiousdevil,

Thank you for finding time and sharing your experience with the ibis Hua Hin on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Further to the issues you experienced with the hotel’s location and the facilities, I also note your comments on the staff service improvement. I am ensuring you that we are working continuously on our associates’ training and professional development; such improve all our guests’ satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice Hotel but I think you should rent a motorbike as it is a little bit far from the city and the chop stick hill. Good overall experience except for the swimming pool which from my point of view closes way too much early 7.00pm. As I got back from a trip under the sun during the entire day and wanted to refresh, it was 8.00pm and wasn t able to enjoy it:(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Khabarovsk, Russia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I hope it was my first and the last visit to the Ibis brand.
The room was clean but extremely small, comfortless and noisy, with microscopical TV, without sitting area.
3000 Baht/100 USD deposit... Excuse me, for what? For the empty minibar??? WiFi was simply nightmarish!!!
The housekeeping team was friendly but unprofessional. Why they use the "Make up my room" badge, if they never come? Sometimes they forgot to change towels, to shake out garbage from an ashtray and so on...
The breakfast was limited, nothing special, so I prefered to spend my morning time in bed.
The hotel is close to the beach but far away from the city center.
The front desk staff was rude and unhelpful. When we tried to book a taxi to the airport, the girl (her name was New) told us that it was impossible... "Sorry, unavailable... I can't help you... Try to catch a taxy from the street..." Perfect service!
Sure I'll never choose this brand again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dmitry_9
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Dmitry_9,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the ibis Hua Hin. I also thank you for commending on our facilities cleanliness and housekeeping employees’ friendliness.

On another hand, I was very sorry to learn that in overall ibis brand’s concept did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. At ibis we aim to provide a warm welcome and wonderful experience at the best value. Further, your suggestions for the promptness of the cleaning service and the inquiries handling at the reception have been noted for future improvements.
Also as an explanation to your question, the deposits collected on arrival are required to guarantee incidental charges, such as telephone bills, restaurant and bar expenses, which may occur during the guests’ stays. I am sorry that it was an inconvenience for you.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you can give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis Hua Hin.

Amphoe Muang Khon Kaen, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you look for a hotel with reasonable rates that allow you to have more money to do shopping and enjoy a night market, Cicada, this is the one. Ibis is located about 5 mins walk to the market and not very far from a big shopping mall. It's easy to get around sightseeing and visiting tourist attractions around Hua Hin. There's a nice swimming pool for you. The beach is down there about 3 mins walk. Hotel facilities are well-maintenance and the friendly maids clean your room every MORNING. This hotel is recommended both for business and vacation. Although, at night can be a bit loud. But best of all, small pets allowed!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 26 March 2014

we stayed on this hotel 2 nights, we have upgraded to family room without any condition. the staff are very friendly and this hotel welcome dog to stay with us. the location was great just 300 m. to cicada market and 200 m. to the beach. room is very clean but we found the room opposite smoking and smell not good. that parking lot is limited but hotel has shuttle bus to pickup you from far parking lot to hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple