“Just ok for overnight”
Review of ibis Hua Hin

Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a rather new hotel in Hua Hin. It is located at the southern end of the city near a nice beach. However, this is not a resort. To walk to the beach, you must walk 300m in a back alley and get to a rather gloomy side of the beach. It is an all right city hotel that is fit for a halt and not really for a long stay. The swimming-pool area is small and not really inviting. The rooms are the usual type of Ibis rooms in Thailand, with a tiny balcony that has no real view. The bed is comfortable and there is an electric kettle provided for instant Nescafé (if you like it) or tea (much better). The service is so so and certainly not what you expect while in Thailand. If you drive there, the parking area by the hotel is tight particularly when there are many guests at the hotel. They do have another better parking-lot across the street (and this one has a shade, which can be good when it is hot).

Room Tip: - the rooms at the back might be quieter (but have no view, at least on the lower floors)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for ibis Hua Hin

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I consider myself well-traveled and familiar with the ibis brand, I know the room is going to be small with limited facilities, however as a Le Club Platinum member I was expecting some degree of customer service, unfortunately that’s not the case at the ibis Hua Hin.
1) Zero, yes zero Platinum member recognition at the ibis Hua Hin, to make matters worse they assign a trainee to the “priority desk”
2) Booked a family room with bunk-beds and a separate games console area to keep the kids amused, however there was no games console – just an empty desk. When I complained it was missing the front desk staff just laughed, informing me it was all broken and had been removed several weeks ago. I guess there’s no need to update the ibis website, inform guests in advance, or offer any alternative or even compensation.
3) On arrival we’re told to park on the street outside the hotel, just what you need when you have a young family, heavy luggage, and tired after a 6 hour trip, eventually only after some “discussion” we’re finally allowed to unload then park in the hotel’s car park.
4) Don’t expect any help from the front desk, accept for swiping your credit card. They will happily stand back watching you struggle with kids and luggage, or trying to find a bellboy or a trolley take one'' bags to the room.
One has to wonder why bother with Le Club membership if this is how loyal Platinum members are treated. For me, this has certainly changed the way I think about my hotel loyalty memberships.
We arrived late and left the next morning so I have no other comments on the other facilities at the hotel, other than the pool below our balcony, it’s small.
In short, I wouldn't come back here, nor recommend it, even if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GadgetB
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear GadgetB,

Thank you for taking the time and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com.

It was with regret to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. If you allow me I can explain on a point of your criticism. Indeed, the consoles are out due to technical reasons for a certain period of time, which took longer than expected. Therefore the websites content was not changed. However, a compensation for this shortage is supposed to be offered at the time of check in. Please accept my apologies for this shortage of our services. For your further information, we are anticipating the games re-installation in a week as from now.

Further, all of your comments concerning your recognition as a Platinum Le Club member are taken seriously and will be discussed further with the team for future improvements. As a reference, there is a manager at the property 24/7 that is able to respond to any of our guests concerns and take necessary steps to justify the incident occurred. Please feel free to contact me directly via email at h7276-gm@accor.com.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope you can give us another chance to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This Ibis always fulfilled my expectations for comfort and quality of services in Hua Hin.
Staff always helpful and good value of money for food and accommodation.
Easy access to the beach and nice pool.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you're simply looking for a clean, comfortable place to lay your head, the Ibis Hua Hin is a serviceable and reasonably priced choice. The facility is blandly corporate but in good repair; the breakfast buffet offers a fair variety, although some dishes are only a step or two above cafeteria quality. Professional staff, as you'd expect from a respected "value" brand.

If memorable accommodations are a big part of your travel experience, the Intercon is up the street. But if dependable, no-surprises quality of service is all you want and need ... yeah, sure, Ibis is fine.

Room Tip: Nicer views are higher up.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Heffay1952,

Thank you for your recent stay and for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the hotel and left satisfied with our quality services. As you pointed out, at ibis we aim to deliver the essential service at the best value.

Your recommendations on the breakfast buffet are also well noted and will be further communicated to our Chef for improvements.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank steammilk
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Reviewed 25 April 2014

First thing the rooms are the smallest things ever and we could barely walk around without bumping into something. the hotel is situated on a 6 lane highway that is near impossible to cross as well as the hotel taxi service was the worst I have ever encountered and barely understand where we want to go. The next thing is the mediocre staff none of them know what you're saying and just can't think. I'm not happy with this hotel at all. I will never stay here again nor ever reccomend to anyone ever to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Curiousdevil
NStoyanov, General Manager at ibis Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Curiousdevil,

Thank you for finding time and sharing your experience with the ibis Hua Hin on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Further to the issues you experienced with the hotel’s location and the facilities, I also note your comments on the staff service improvement. I am ensuring you that we are working continuously on our associates’ training and professional development; such improve all our guests’ satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice Hotel but I think you should rent a motorbike as it is a little bit far from the city and the chop stick hill. Good overall experience except for the swimming pool which from my point of view closes way too much early 7.00pm. As I got back from a trip under the sun during the entire day and wanted to refresh, it was 8.00pm and wasn t able to enjoy it:(

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple