“Excellent place, a bit outside Hua Hin”
Review of Amari Hua Hin

Amari Hua Hin
Ranked #10 of 141 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The resort is very nice and I can fully recommend it. See my comments in keywords:

• Very large and comfortable rooms
• Quiet
• Excellent breakfast (outstanding!)
• Friendly staff

• A bit outside Hua Hin (a flat B150 by tuktuk)
• Ocean is 3 Minutes walk away
• Hotels own beach access is a bit poor, has sand only at low tide (just a wall at high tide)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jensimann
Mario M, Executive Assistant Manager at Amari Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Jensimann

Thank you for your comments, and we are delighted that you had a pleasant stay. Most days at low tide we have at least 100m beachfront, which can be quite serene and peaceful as we are situated a little a bit away from town. We strive hard to ensure that our breakfast offering is just that extra special , so that your start to the day is a bright & energized one.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Amari Hua HIn.

There are newer reviews for Amari Hua Hin

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This is a solid 4 start hotel. The rooms are quite nice. The style is modern. As others have mentioned, the beds are quite good as well! It is clean, well-kept, and the staff is good. I stayed i a room facing the pool; had it been on the other side, the view would be a road or a half-completed building. The hotel itself is quite set-back from the beach. And, the beach in the area of the hotel is non-existent at high tide. There is a buggy that takes you from the hotel to the beach -- where the hotel has a strip of land. The distance from the hotel to the beach is about 1km. If you are expecting to be right on the beach, you may be disappointed. That being said, the hotel is a good value at less than 4,000/THB/night. The internet service is good and fast. The pool area is very nice. The guests seem to be predominantly Thai, which is nice because they are in general polite and quiet. Overall, it is a quite nice place. It is a bit of a distance from the hotel to Hua Hin town center. But, the hotel does have a shuttle, and there are tuk-tuks and taxis about. The area around the hotel itself is interesting -- and near to Kao Takeap. There are several restaurants, and a night-market near a temple.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the pool - also, there are not actual "ocean or sea view" rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank travel122
Mario M, Executive Assistant Manager at Amari Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Travel 122

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoy your stay here. As we say Amari Hua Hin provides the perfect blend of convenience, style and comfort while keeping in touch with the natural surrounding of this charming seaside town, and only being 10 minutes away from the centre of town, really does gives our guests that real sense of pure relaxtiion.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

The Amari Hua Hin is a perfect choice for a relaxing break. As soon as you walk through the doors their is a warm welcome from staff. The hotel is very contemporary in style. Clean and modern throughout.

The rooms have very comfortable beds and pillows assuring you of a good nights sleep. The swimming pool has to be the largest I have ever seen in a hotel.

The location of the Amari is great, just a short walk to the Cicada night market. The beach is clean and quiet. Sand is white and the sea clear turquoise. We were able to walk to chopsticks hill from here to see the lovely temples and the monkeys.

We very much look forward to returning to this great hotel and its friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank VillamangoKohSamui

Dear VillamangoKohSamui

Thank you for your wonderful review about our lovely Hotel. We have shared your comments with the team who were delighted to read them.

please do not hesitate to get in touch with us next time you visit, to ensure your next stay is an even more memorable one.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed in Amari early March for 3 nights. We booked Deluxe Hillside View room (room 1508) not knowing there would be a busy road between the hotel and mountain. For the special feeling pay a little extra to get poolside or sea view. However notice the hotel is not located on the beach so paying for the sea view is not worthy as itself. You get almost the same with pool view as they are both facing the pool. Room itself is quite big with nice interior. The best feature was definately the bed. One of the best I've slept in Thailand where most of beds are firm or even hard. This bed was soft and had fantastic pillows and duvet. Bathroom is very nice with wonderful rain shower and quality shampoo and shower gels. We experienced some problems though. In the shower water built up due to some blockage and one day water was brown for sometime. Other good features were DVD player and big flatscreen tv on the wall. Minibar was average but complimentary real ground coffee and filter was a surprise. Instead of useless daybed a real seating area would have been nice. There is no point of daybed in hillside view rooms.

The pool is probably one of the best things in this hotel. It's very clean, big and designed with taste and quality. There are plenty of sun loungers around the pool. Bookings are probably never needed. During the daytime there was only some foreigners enjoying the pool. In mornings and before sunset the pool got a bit crowded with Thai people and their kids especially during the weekend as it looked it can be pretty quiet during the week. Generally as well the hotel seemed to be more popular with Thais. Package tour feeling was totally missing which was good. However the garden and trees seemed boring and not offering nice surroundings enough to the pool and boring condo like hotel building which totally made us forget we're staying in a hotel. Amari seems to be more a residence than a hotel. Maybe this comes from the fact they also have two separate buldings for private residences.

Even public areas look tasteful and new they lack personality and cozyness. Maybe the hotel has been designed more to suit the Thai taste. Breakfast restaurant Mosaic looks cold as well and is located strangely in the corner of two hotel buildings lower level from the pool leaving it without any nice view only than concrete walls. Breakfast buffet is quite nice but we have seen better. Rye bread was surprising in Thailand! Hotel entrance is one of the most boring ones and didn't give any feeling of a luxury resort. Hotel has own beachfront club which can be accessed by complimentary golf car in few minutes. Shoreline Beach Club offers sun loungers on grass and small restaurant bar. Beach club is a great idea but it could be much better. Their menu offers only few food items which probably made it unpopular as we see people turning away after browsing the menu. We tried some barbecue pork sticks with somtum. They were however delicious. House signature margarita was a bit rid off as there was not much tequila in it. Even with special price for two or for group it was too much to pay for a lime juice served in tea filter jug. In the evening it was pretty quiet and only few other customers were at the club. We had a bottle of prosecco which was kindly brought from the main building as they didn't have it in the club during that time. Music played during day time was great but in the evening it totally changed and did not suited the club theme. The club premises seemed unfinished with awful looking concrete wall down to the beach. Mixed sand and grass area with no actual plants or anything. Shower didn't work and we had to wash sea water off with a gardening hose. Beach in front of the club was very quiet but ok for a swim. water seemed clean that day. Overall the club has potential.

Overall service in the hotel was average. Staff didn't give same attention to all guests as we were not even greeted all times when hi-so Thai guests seemed to have it all. Most attentive staff seemed to be the security which was great. Restaurant staff were friendly and polite. Reception personnel left me the most cold.

I wouldn't pay over 3000 baht a night in Amari. For lower rate you can try it but we weren't impressed nor disliked it. For example Hilton offers better package even with outdated rooms.

Room Tip: Hillside view rooms do not give the feeling due to the road in front of the hotel. There is no point...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sami H

Dear Sami H

Firstly let me express my sincere appreciation in your detailed feedback that you have given us, as I always say, we cannot achieve service excellence without constructive feedback like yourself to us.

Please allow me to specify that we do not advertise our hotel as a beach resort, however as a hotel resort & luxury serviced condominiums . We have great views of the gulf of Thailand and only being a short 3 minute buggy ride from our lobby to our private beach club with access to the beach.

The beds are definitely a highlight of our hotel, a personal favorite of mine too. They have been specially designed for Amari Hua HIn, hence you will not find these in any other hotel in the world.

We are looking into the issue of the drainage blockage in your room, as you can imagine being a brand new hotel, we are going thru some minor rectifications. The option of the day bed is actually a huge plus point for family’s who are travelling with kids, we do have rooms with lounge seating, please let us know next time you book so that we can arrange this for you.

We are in the process of reviewing our beach club menu, which will be launched this month actually, also I have personally tried our cocktails and ensuring that all our barmen’s will put an extra kick into our cocktails from now on.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope next time we can change your mixed feelings, into a very memorable stay. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or our team upon your next booking.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Our first visit to Hua Hin and we stayed at the recently opened Summer 2012 Amari Hua Hin. When visiting Thailand we conduct our business in Bangkok and then seek some r and r in a holiday environment. The hotel has a superb range of facilities and a relaxing cool beach bar a short buggy ride away on the beach front. All the staff are pleasant and helpful and the catering standards are very high. Well worth a visit only two and a half hours by taxi from central Bangkok.The night life and market are very buzzy. Also lots of wonderful restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view if available.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dejamanjeau

Dear Dejamanjeau

Thank you for your postive comments about our property, We are delighted that you had a pleasant experience.I do agree with you , that Cicada Market is a fantastic place to visit, as it is only a 5 minutes walk from our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Amari Hua Hin.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I have tried to send email to GM since 15/02/2013 but I've got no answer until today.(I sent via http://www.amari.com/enquiry.aspx) I also use the subject "Dear GM". Makes me more disappoint to Amari. I just thought that GM and Executive Asst. Manager answer in here so they would care enough to answer my email too. I tried to complain internally but no one cared. Here's all my complaint in that email.

I chose Amari Hua Hin for my family vacation. Because I love the hotel decoration and there also have 1plus1 promotion.

We stayed on February, 10-12 room no. 2402, 2404, 2418 and 2420.
We were disappointed by many things during our stay. Start with minor matters:

- I booked 4 rooms since January, 17 but we didn't get all rooms next to each other. That's ok. At least we've got the same floor and I didn't request it for the time I booked.
- 3 rooms have welcome fruit, 1 room didn't get it.
- Some room has flowers, some room has only vase with water-no flowers.
- Refrigerator doesn't cold AT ALL in the first 2 days. I put drinking water in it for whole night but it doesn't cold at all. Don't you think it's too much for a hot place like Thailand. I'm Thai. I lived here all my life and even me couldn't stand for the heat. The receptionist said because the refrigerator is ammonia system. It gets cold slowly.(way too slow)
- Shower area clog in room no.2402 and 2404
- Really bad smell from drain in 2420 from time to time.
- On the day we checked out. My parents have to wait for bell boy to get their luggage for 30 minutes.

And what I really upset the most was in room no.2402 which my parents stayed in there.
On the first night during 2am-4am while they were sleeping. Light in the whole room was light up by itself 4 times. Light out 3 times. Door bell also rang couple times.
My mom said there was something in that room try to pulled her legs while the last light out. (I couldn't confirm that because I didn't face it by myself. Just FYI.)

They called reception and she sent repairman to their room to fixed it for a couple times until the repairman said he don't know what's wrong with this room. Then the last light out, receptionist offered my parents to move to 2713. (That's around 4-5 am)

So my parents didn't sleep at all on that night. My father got fever from that mess. And both of them couldn't go anywhere. They have to sleep all day long on the next day. (This is what I felt sorry the most. They didn't have a vacation for 2 years and this is what they've got from the hotel I chose)

I heard this in the morning (Feb 11). So I asked the receptionist (I didn't know her name) that I want to talk to manager how would Amari compensate for my parents. I told her about what happened roughly, she took note and said manager was having a meeting so I gave my cellphone number.

Around 10.30 the receptionist called me that the manager (which I don't know who because he/she didn't talk to me) would compensate by discount 1 night for my parents room. It's ok to me that the manager try to do something. But 4-5 star hotel shouldn't wait for customer to ask for compensate. Or this because of I paid promotion rate not full rate???

I didn't asked for more or bigger compensate. But if the manager tried to do something to show that he/she really sorry for what happened before I complain, that would be a lot better.

Saranya
toon_23567@hotmail.com

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Saranya C
Christoph L, General Manager at Amari Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Khun Saranya,

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay turned out to be so disappointing, being dampened by too many technical flaws, and that on top of things your e-mail never reached me. Please rest assured that we have already launched an investigation with our IT team to find the cause of this fault, and I will be in touch with you separately via your e-mail to follow up with you directly.

As you mention in your comment, feedback is extremely important for us, and it would definitely not be in our interest or intention to ignore or to avoid it.

My sincere apologies to you and especially your parents for the disappointing experience, and I hope we will have the chance to restore your faith in our property in the future, to show you the true colors of Amari Hua Hin.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Dear all,

I have spent time here with my wife. Good location and very nice modern hotel.
Staffs are so friendly and able to help. I thought it just open so not so much busy the time
we stay. Garden still not completed but others facilities are all done and good new condition.

Room is large enough and we have a good sleep with all new equipments. Room was good setting up and clean.

Beach is not so clean during this season not good for swim.

Everyhting is all perfect so we would definately come back next time.

See you next time when i come back thailand.

Room Tip: Pool view more expensive and more value
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alex9Michelle
Mario M, Executive Assistant Manager at Amari Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Alex9Michelle

Thank you for your great comments, and our team were delighted to read them. We are under process of renovating all our gardens at the moment.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to ensure you next stay is even memorable one