“Honeymoon suite delight”

Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #10 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed there with my wife and child during the floods in Thailand. As all hotels in Hua Hin were almost fully booked at the time, the Anantara only had the honeymoon suite left... So we splurged and payed top dollar for it. It was very well worth it. It was a very beautiful room with great amenities and facilities. The room overlooked a beautiful (maybe artificial) lake which had great flowes and birds. We took lots of photos and have many great memories of the week that we spent there, the great food and the fun on the beach. The hotel is quite grand in a resort kind of way but in placed is beginning to show a bit of wear and tear. My big complaint which is not really against the hotel is that the taxi ride into the town is quite exorbitant by Thailand standards. There is not much to see in town anyway, better to stay in the resort. The hotel does lay on a shuttle, but it is a bit infrequent and I think there was a small fee involved too.

Room Tip: Ask about the various rooms available
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Clemence o,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to post and share comment of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa for your holiday.

I am glad to received your positive comment and happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment is really helping us to motivate our team to do even better service in the future.

I do hope if you have a chance to return to this area again then Anantara Hua HIn will be one of your top choice, please do not contact me directly anytime if I can be further assistance for you in the future.

Naowarat Arunkong

Write a ReviewReviews (2,644)

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Bad service (If they claim for 5 stars hotel)
I 've been here for 2nights stay from5 till 7 on February 2012.
I don't know why they cut the tree when we need to rest for our vacation. I called the reception to stop them cutting the trees. They solve the problem by offered us to changed the room on 2nd day stay!!! Can't stop cutting the tree!
What the ...! So I sent GM an email about our problem to give us back a peace. The problem was solve but our feeling were broken into pieces.
Finally, I think I will never change my mind from Evason ever.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Kanyapat
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Khun Kanyapat,

I appreciate you taking time to express your comment regarding service in the hotel and surprise to read that you still dissatisfied even though I call you right after received your email and arrange to stop the tree cutting right away as well I did apologize for the inconvenience. However, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you once again for the inconvenience that may caused. I will personally ensure that we will have a better communication amongst our team in the future.

I do hope that you will have an opportunity to return to Hua Hin again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

The hotel is very beautiful thai lux style, green and well kept. the thai food we had was great. It was by far the best hotel we saw in the Hua Hin area during our 10 day stay and we were very happy with our choice.

We brought our 14 month old baby and I have to say that Thai people and the hotel staff being no exception were super nice at all times and understanding. try to get a room close to the sea and the open grass areas as the mosquitoes after dusk further back in the resort are an absolute pain.

We were at the hotel in August 2010 and the beach was huge during low tide. However, as others have also commented the water is NOT clear and although I dont no anything about the cleanliness of the water it sure does not look anything like tropical paradise blue water. The pool and pool area is great though.

Room Tip: At check in ask to see a map of the grounds and choose a room in one of the blocks close to the sea...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear holidays641,

Thank you for taken your time to post the comment of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday!

I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable holiday and for the positive comment of your stay especially the taste of Thai food and the note toward Thai hospitality. I have shared your comment with the team and this really helping us to motivate our team to do even better job in the future.

I do hope you will have a chance to return to Hua Hin again in the future and Anantara Hua Hin still remain your top choice. Please feel free to contact me directly anytime if I can be further assistance.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is our second stay at anantara, all I can say it is tranquil with beautiful gardens. The staff are very good from Alex(guru) to the waitresses Gift & Noi,with the general manager Naowarat, overseeing everything making sure everyone enjoys their stay. This is a very good hotel so try it out, we have booked again for this December and can't wait.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank SCC1960

Dear SCC1960,

Many thanks for your time to posted the comment of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday.

I am very pleased to read your comment toward your stay with us and especially great comment to some individual staff. I have shared your comment amongst the team as this really help us to motivate our team to do even better job in the future.

We are looking forward fo welcoming you back to our resort again in the near future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime if I can be further assistance.

Naowart Arunkong

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Entrance to the hotel through the trees planted on two sides.A Thai-style buildings. The warm feeling when they come to stay here. Comfortable rooms. Seating area feeling like in the park. The pool is very pleasant.Excellent massage with scrub and worm oil massage.

Room Tip: Lagoon views
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Natty99,

Many thanks for your time to shared the observation of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday!

I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay from a time of walking in to the hotel and happy to read that your holiday has been fulfilled. Our job is to arrange a perfect holiday to all, your kind note is helping us to motivate our team to provide even better job in the future.

I do hope to have a chance to welcoming you back to Anantara Hua Hin again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime if I can be further assistance.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed in a standard room which was well appointed and the gardens were lovely and tranquil. Room was serviced regularly and kept clean. The pool and bar area are very nice. Tried to use the gym, but was turned away as I didn't have appropriate gym shoes - somewhat annoying! The beach was the biggest disappointment. Dirty sea water which I wouldn't have stepped foot in! Used the spa where I had one of the best massages of my life! Well worth the expense. Did not eat in the restaurants as the prices were ridiculous. Not sure that I would recommend for a beach holiday but a nice resort if you just want a quick break from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed at one of the lagoon room. With all the benefits promised I.e. in room check in, nightly surprise, ...we were checked like other guests, when pointed out. One of the front office lady said that would get us a chance to drink the welcome drinks they gave us, so why promised at the first place? The room we stayed in was rather small for that price.
Staff was rather unfriendly especially "ple" at the beach bar. No single word of simple hello or thank you when we ordered or paid nor any signs of acknowledgement when we asked her for something. We also used the spa, I had a bit of cold and asked the lady who gave us treatment, she replied : she didn't feel it that way. The room was rather warm and she might be fainted!!!! Is she for real? The spa treatments are stupidly over-priced, 2200++ for an hour foot massage or 3200++ for an hour Thai massage? Well , people . Think twice before reserve a room here.

Room Tip: Don't choose lagoon rooms if you want to stay close to the beach but if u prefer quiet atmospher...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paull421
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Paull421,

Warm greetings from Anantara Hua Hin!

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to posted comment and to share observation of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your stay during holiday.

I have read your comment and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during check in and for the lack of service attitude from one of our F&B staff, I can understand how disappointment you were when your expectations was not fulfilled. I highly appreciated your feedback especially the comments in the specific area that allow us to notify the problems in certain circumstances. Please be informed that this is not standard of service we strive to obtain and I have share your comment with our leadership team here and we will certainly ensure that this lack of standard will not reoccur again in the future.

Thank you for your comment regarding service and the pricing in Spa, please accept my apologies once again for the discomfort you have received. I have done some investigation myself and have been informed that our Therapist have adjusted the temperature to 26 degree, I am sorry if this have not been communicated with you during the time of treatment. In regard to the pricing, I would like to informed you that the hotel Spa price is normally higher than outside Spa due to the additional requirements such as hygiene, cleanliness, products that we use in hotel spa and the additional training cost for our staff.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate the real Anantara standard and looking forward to have a chance to welcoming you to our resort again in the future. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly should I can be further assistance.