“Amazing Experience !”

Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #10 of 142 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 11 November 2013

First of all, congratulations for this excellent property and its marvelous ambiance .....
I must admit that the front desk people and Mr Alex specially, were extremely courteous and helpful.
Mr Alex planned our local sightseeing in a very professional way and therefore we could visit many places as well as do a bit of shopping too in a short time during our stay.
My Room Was Lagoon Type
We had no complains regarding the room type, except that the bathroom shower was not functioning well ( not free flowing type) and the balcony was not cleaned properly.
Something regarding the food, the breakfast spread was vast with many choices of fresh fruits, but it lacked in the areas of Vegetarian Selection (specially the cooked items from your kitchen) as people who are completely vegetarian are left with very less (practically no choices) to select from your breakfast menu.
One final point of appreciation which you should share with all your team.....
On the night before our departure, i.e. 07th night (Thursday) there was heavy rains and storm throughout till late in the morning (A side effect of Super Typhoon HIYAN) , which left few trees up rooted and many broken branches and leaves scattered all around resort, which left without electricity for some hours.... But in this natural calamity and lots of cleaning work to do , still we found to our surprise that most of the resort staff were working with enthusiasm and wore a smile on their face , which I think is a great team spirit and a lesson for many to learn......
Hoping to visit your 'lovely and warm' resort once again in future.

Room Tip: Kindly book a Lagoon Room specially on the second floor for its high ceiling and if possible a corne...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Kaushik D,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa,

Above all I would like to thank you fortaking the time to write such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

I am very glad to read such good comments about our resort and its services which are helping us in pursuing our efforts to make the Anantara Hua Hin such a "lovely and warm resort"!

Many thanks again, the team and I are looking very much forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were very pleased to return (for our second visit) to this magnificent refreshing Anantara resort. it is definitely well worth a long flight from UK. The location is unbelievable with views that continue to amaze day after day. We had thoroughly enjoyed our previous stay of 8 nights so we decided to stay longer on this visit – 23 nights from 1st to 24th October and have no regrets at all. Being there towards the end of rainy season, it was lovely to see the gardens greenery and the plants flourishing well. The beauty is incredible at every turn. The gardens still remain a real treat to walk around – all those tropical flowers, bushes and trees being lovely cared for by the squad of gardeners. On a couple of days, it rained heavily and it was assuring to observe how well all the staff managed in ensuring that the guests were comfortable – they appeared to take it all in their stride! We found the staff very pleasant and helpful – service with a smile! There is a good selection of food and beverage with the prices which reflect the hotel’s star rating. We cannot say enough positive comments about this resort and will definitely return as soon as we can. The coconut cooking experience was very enjoyable and educational! Special thanks to Alex, the Guru, and Ms Srisuteerawong and her team for arranging and overseeing it – special thanks to the Chef for showing and teaching me how to cook Thai Chicken soup. The new GM and Mr June (F&B) also made us feel most welcome and we thank them too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear WiseTravellerLondon,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

The Team and I were very pleased to welcome you for your second (and long!) stay with us and I thank you for your trust and patronage.

I am also very glad to read that you enjoyed our property and its beautiful garden which are now even more lush after the rain we had, as well as our services and our wonderful Thai culinary experience with the Chef.

Once again thank you and I am looking forward to welcoming you for a 3rd stay at your second home, the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in late of October. It took about 2 hour and a half from Bangkok city. Our room was lagoon room which has some privileges. Such as,
free use of wifi internet all area
from 4 p.m. to 5 p.mfree drink and light snack at the lagoon bar
late check out until 4 p.m. depending on the room vacancy
free shuttle bus service to Huahin town.

Lagoon room is located in the front of small cute lagoon. Because of my mom's weak legs, our room was first floor. In my opinion, it may be tough for elderly people to stay at the second floor because there was no handrails at some part of stairs.
The room is very spacious and comfortable. Particularly the big stone bath tub and the vanity unit with two lavatory bowls are nice and modern. But regarding shower unit it was so hard to use for person who is short stature.
We had 3 choices for breakfast at Issara Café, Rim Nam and room service. We had every day breakfast only at Issara Café. At the entrance, there is a cute parrot named Alex, he is 26 years old and can understand English as well as Thai. When I spoke to him in Thai language he shook his head without answering. Maybe he wanted to tell me that my pronunciation was bad!! We enjoyed variety of tasty menu every day.

Because we had soft drinks, alcohol and light snack at the lagoon bar in the afternoon we could not have dinner but we had room service for dessert. Everything was tasty and big size.The guest of lagoon room and suite has own pool area. In there we are asked not to make noise. That's why we could relax and enjoy quiet peaceful atmosphere at the lagoon pool area.
I recommend this hotel for people who want to relax in a Thai traditional atmosphere and enjoy peaceful time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LoveMoon
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear LoveMoon,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

What a very nice review!

On behalf of the Anantara Team (which includes Alex!), I would like to thank you for these very nice comments and for the time you took in writing it on Trip Advisor.

I am very glad to read that you that had an most enjoyable and relaxing time with us and that you brough back with you a very pleasant Thai experience from the Anantara Hua Hin.

I am hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights in June. On arrival we were booked in an ocean view rooms. They are quiet spacious and very nice, but very dark (at least the ground floor ones). We came with another couple. When we go to our rooms, there was a terrible smell in both of the rooms, coming from the sink or the toilets. Even the staff member who had accompagnied us, when she walked in the room, she went straight to the sliding door to open it. When we mentionned the smell she said it was normal that she couldnt smell anything. We ask to change the rooms, and they told us they would check for availabilities. Our friends told us later that they had been changed and upgraded to the lagoon rooms. We still hadnt heard from the reception. I had to go back there and ask. They told me they would show me the new room. It was the exact same room with the same smell, just in another block. I told her this wasn't good enough, and asked why they had offered a lagoon room to my friends and not to us. Then straight away she said they can give me the same room if I wanted. I still don't understand why we had to go through all this hassle, and why they don't offer the same arrangment to all the clients. I would have been fine with another ocean view room if they didnt offer me the room with the same smell. This didnt give me a first good impression.
After that the stay was good though. I think its worth upgrading for the lagoon view rooms. They are nicely decorated and you get access to a nice private pool. The bed is very comfortable. The room was very clean and they were even coming back twice to do it. The room would be cleaned while we had breakfast, and in the evening when we would come back, the bed was fixed again and they left a little personnal good night handwritten note, which I found to be a great touch. The room itself was very clean, but on the first day, the room next door had left outside of the door plates and glasses from room service. It stayed there for our whole stay, nobody ever took it away, it didn't look great. The hotel itself is very nice, peaceful and the gardens are beautiful. The breakfast was absolutely great, a lot of choice and fresh products.

Room Tip: The lagoon rooms are worth the upgrade. The ocean view rooms are nice but very dark.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Noya24,

Thank you for having taken some of your most valuable time to complete this review on Trip Advisor.

I am very gald to read that you that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, our bar and the various cocktails as well as our breakfast and the beauty of our gardens.

I just regret that your review was published 5 months after your stay, as my predecessor could have taken the appropriate corrective action concerning the discomfort you had with your room upon arrival.

Once again thank you and we are all looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stay 2 nights in October (room #727) for wedding. My general impression is really so so, in terms of service and room. Our room is ocean view with a balcony, however, the sofa in the balcony was not prepared after we check-in and pity it was a beautiful day and the wood sliding door was broken that we must wait the technician to fix. When friend asked if we receive the wedding schedule that we only got it in the evening. While check-in and check-out, it both took awhile and the counter seems not familiar. During our 2 days stay there was only two small banana as welcome; for the 2 days breakfast it was always full with guests, you must either wait or be moved to another part of resort. By its presentation in the website, we would expect something better than we experienced. Kindda of disappointed, travel so far with such quality.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YSP2005

Dear YSP,

Thank you very much for taking some time to complete this review on Trip.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenient caused during your stay, I am saddened to read that these have affected your perception of the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa and its services.

Indeed this week end was particularly busy with the beautiful wedding we had, a couple of other events and our regular clientele. We did our very best to provide the Anantara service and experience we are renowed for and your comments are most definitely assisting us in improving ourselves even better.

I do hope that we will have a chance to welcoming you again and I can assure you that your next visit will be a most enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had not been back to Anantara for over 6 years but it still is my favorite hotel in Hua Hin. The gardens are lush and beautiful, the breakfast staffs are attentive, the lagoon view rooms are large and have great views.
The shower mixer was a bit stiff and I told the staff. Hopefully that will get fixed.
Nice big pool with a large "kid friendly" part so we spent hours throwing the kids around.
Very nice band in the bar upstairs and a decent wine list. Service could have been a bit faster but the drinks were good.
Like many hotels in Hua Hin, there is not much of a beach at high tide but the hotel has long chairs in the garden by the sea and there is a sandy area for kids to play.

• Stayed: October 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Thierry C,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

Above all, it was very nice meeting you, your lovely wife and family, and I do thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about the Anantara Hua Hin and its wonderful Team.

I am glad to read that after being away for 6 years we still remain your favorite hotel in Hua Hin!

I am also grateful for all the detailled comments, these will assist us in continuously improving ourselves and to provide our guests an unforgettable Anantara experience.

Once again thank you, the Team and I are looking very much forward to welcoming you and your family once again in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The layout and location of the resort was excellent, close to town center but very secluded and with a quiet stretch of the beach. Walking along the beach you can reach seafood restaurants, the palace.
But once you have check-in, you wouldn't want to venture out. The whole resort has everything you need for a relaxing weekend - good restaurant and bar, many swimming pools, sandy beach, spa and a small library.
The breakfast spread was excellent with good selection. Recommend the in-house restaurant as they serve good italian fusion.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear TW N,

Greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa,

The team and I would like to thank you for your very nice comments about our property and services.

We are glad to read that we have contributed to make your stay a enjoyable experience and we are looking very much forward to welcoming you in the very near future.