“Absolutely magnificient!”

Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #10 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I were married here and the experience we and our families had at Anantara was absolutely magnificient! We planned our wedding months before the date and the service and communication we recieved for our pre-wedding preparation was nothing short of excellent. The staff kept us up-to-date everytime we asked for confirmation of events and to go as far as to reply our emails on the day, knowing our wedding date was months away, was absolutely amazing.
The resort is breathtaking, utterley beautiful. The staff are so polite and helpful. As soon as we arrived and departed we were looked after and accomodated at every turn. We had a family member who required wheelchair assistance and the staff there made no hesitation to assist us. The service at Anantara is absolutely impeccable!! We felt like royalty as they treat you as such. The amenties at Anantara is deservedly 5 star quality if not more. The restaurants and bars on hand are an absolute delish with a live band at one of them (in the evenings) being one of our highlight expericences. The rooms are gorgeous with world class views, the room service being also world class as the attention to detail of preserving the room to pristine condition was excellent. Everytime we returned to our room there was always a surprise left for us by the staff personalised for the guest only, there is no place where I have experienced such consideration and customer care like this anywhere at any hotel resort and I've been to a few around the world.
Our younger guests loved the pool facilities and the spa as did the adults (two words - pool bars). The whole resort is constantly maintained making it look like paradise. Always tidy, always a joy to wonder around its surroundings.
Of course the highlight for us was the wedding event. It was organised to exactly how we wanted it. We had a wishlist of what we wanted and what we wanted excluded and it was done without objection, they knew this was our moment and they made sure we had included all what we asked. The wedding package was amazing. Breakfast in bed and the candle light dinner for two were my highlights.
I cannot say enough of this place, I've said alot already and I feel it still doesn't justify the wonderful experience we had Anantara.
To the amazing staff at the resort, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We cannot express enough how enjoyable our stay was and how relaxed we were at the wedding. Not many brides/grooms can say how relaxed it was at their wedding...but we can!
A special thank you to Khun Pooky for her role as our wedding planner, it would not be possible to have experienced such memorable moments if it wasn't for her. Thank you K. Thara for your help during our wedding reception and dinner and also to K. Mataya for maintaining our room, we always looked forward to returning to our room each night. To Daniel who watched over everything from beginning to end, thank you mate. You and your staff have gone above and beyond with your hospitality and service. Lastly, to all the staff at Anantara, thank you and thank you again for everything you have done for both our families , friends and ourselves. We are so glad we chose to stay with you. We will be returning again!

Owen & Annie

Owen and Annie

• Stayed: November 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear ObAni,

Warm Festive greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

I would like first of all to apologize for the delayed answer to your fantastic feedback about our Resort facilities and services.

The Team and I are very glad to read that we have contributed to make your wedding a memorable experience and I must say that it was a real pleasure to arrange it to your convenience.

Rest assured that I have communicated your detailled comments to K. Pooky, K. Thada, K. Mataya and to Daniel, and we are all looking very much looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to your favorite hotel in Hua Hin.

With kind Festive regards,

Thomas Barguil

Write a ReviewReviews (2,647)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is an old (25 years) comfortable resort within a beautiful large tropical garden, some 10-15 min from Hua Hin center, with an hourly shuttle bus for hotel guests (small charge). Good sea views only from the front line rooms which are spacious and comfortable. Large attractive pool which can be very cramped at high occupancy.3 restaurants (sea food, italian, thai), in my view all good but a little pricy. Only entertainment in the resort: Bar at night time with live music.
Beware: Although the property is indeed sea front, there is no beach but a steep wall down to water with some steps leading directly into the sea. During our time there (November) the sea was mostly rough and murky and not very suitable for swimming from the steps.
Try the colourful night market at Hua Hin with a great selection of excellent and very reasonably priced sea food restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a sea front room, preferably on the first floor, to enjoy sea views from the balcony. Rooms l...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Reinhard T,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

Above all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this nice review on TA.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed a relaxing time with us and that you have appreciated our beautiful gardens.

I have duly noted your feedback about the beach and I would like to add that some time of the year, the high tide does come close to the wall but then the beach will be back at low tide, which is the case in this part of the coast line in Hua Hin.

I have also noted your comment about the room. Should you decide to visit us again, I would like to recommend you to try our Lagoon Room category, which can also provide you access to our Private Lagoon Pool area, in a very peaceful surrounding.

Many thanks again for your time and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The hotel is a reasonable distance from the town so taxis, courtesy bus (50 baht) or local bus (10 baht) were needed to visit town.The rooms were pleasant and clean with a balcony.
There are a number of restaurants. I ate in the Thai, beach and bar restaurants - all were excellent especially the beach one where fish and meats were sold by weight and cooked in a variety of Thai (or western) ways.
Due to the overnight thunderstorms the sea was a bit churned up but nonetheless was good for swimming (when the red flag was not flying). There was an excellent very large and deep swimming pool with another small one (almost hidden away) in a very beautiful setting.
There was a three piece band that played most nights during happy hour. They had a wide repertoire and were surprisingly good.
A very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel is situated a good distance away from the centre of Hua Hin, which makes for a good relaxing getaway.
My wife and I enjoys our holidays away from the crowds and by the water, simply relaxing and reading. In this respect, the hotel is great.
Hotel staff are very friendly and always greets with smiles which is more than can be said for hotels in Bangkok these days.
If you pay attention, you can often see senior hotel management (e.g., the General Manager) walking the grounds, that, to me always reflects a caring establishment which inevitably filters down to all levels. A definite plus!
Alex, the Chief Experience Concierge, is friendly and always ready to assist with creating a better visiting experience.
We didn't manage to try all the restaurants in the hotel but the Italian eating place was very good.
The hotel could possibly adopt a more contemporary and forward-looking policy of providing an empty fridge for guests to stock up on by themselves, from a hotel operated store that provides simple food, drinks and sundries at more reasonable prices.
In this respect, I feel that the hotel can do more to enhance the overall guest experience and encourage and increase patronage of the hotel's outlets and restaurants by reviewing the prices that felt to be on the high side, especially when comparing with other 5-star resorts in cities like Phuket.
The breakfast spread is considered smallish for a hotel's size and leans more towards western fare. The selection of fruits is rather mediocre but thankfully the 'live' smoothie station is a nice touch.
Overall, the property is aged but considered well maintained though I could definitely see a need for renovations in the future.
We will be looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcus L
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Overall impression: perfect. The resort is perfect, clean, beautiful and a diamond. The rooms are very nice, spacious and clean. The staff is excellent but some need to improve there English skills more, so communicating is much easier. The food is excellent with a variety of restaurants. Khun Alex and Khun Arso from the front desk area are superb and also Khun Golf from the breakfast area. Are there minors: yes. Mosquitos ! As Hua Hin is a tropical location there are mosquitos. But all other hotels we stayed at Hua Hin in the same period (but not only this time but also previous stays at Hua Hin) Anantara suffers very much from the mosquitos due to the beautiful garden but full of small lakes Mosquitos like. Anantara prefers ecological solutions of mosquito prevention as fish are in the water. But that is far from sufficient and 20 bites per hour, compared to 20 bites per week in other resorts at the same time in Hua Hin, is a too big difference. Please use chemicals in the water and skip the ecological part on mosquito treatment. Another point is the Wifi with a speed out of the year 2009 and a weak signal in most areas. Also some sand flees on the beach. Although the minors are there, these will not block our next booking as we like the resort too much !

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SMP B
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear SMP B,

Greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor this good review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our Resort, our services and Team, especially Khun Alex and K. Arsa!

I have also duly noted your comments about the mosquitoes, and I can confirm to you that we are dealing with them at the moment, keeping in mind the "Asia's Leading Green Resort" Award we recently won.

Thank you again for your feedback, the team and I are looking forward to welcoming soon in your favorite resort in Hua Hin!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Storm force winds, rain and high seas lashed the resort leaving the place with fallen trees, debris thrown up from the sea and damaged beach furniture. Room 126 where we stayed was sea facing and bore the brunt of the rain and winds with the room flooding.

How did Anantara Resort management respond to this minor crisis? BRILLIANT.

Daniel the Ops Manager came to the room and immediately realised this was not good so upgraded us to a Lagoon Room. A baptism of fire for him as I believe he only started at the resort a week earlier.

The rest of the resort which was damaged was repaired and up and running without any major impact on the guests.

The storm was clearly the tail end of the typhoon so this has to be put into perspective and consider how lucky we were compared to those in the Philipinnes.

So leaving the storm aside I can comment upon both the sea facing and lagoon rooms.

Sea facing room was not good and clearly needs decoration and highlighted by the leaking ceiling during the storm. The position of the room was fantastic with great view but that was it's only attribute. Bathroom was tatty and worn. The doors to the balcony had gaps so were not secure hence why rain got into the room.

If the sea facing rooms are upgraded to the standard of the lagoon rooms they were be superb so they really do need some love and attention.

Lagoon room was fantastic. Large room, high ceiling, big bathroom, lovely balcony, peaceful just perfect.

Benefits of Lagoon Rooms are the private pool area, bar and free drinks and snacks at 4pm plus free shuttle bus to town. As we were upgraded free of charge to Lagoon Room it transpired that we were not entitled to free shuttle which I noticed were were charged to our bill. We still enjoyed the free drinks etc at 4pm rightly or wrongly but if were were not entitled to that apologies Anantara but thanks!

Restaurants were good but not great. Thai and the Italian were best but found the beachfront restaurant although lovely setting the food was not always as hot as perhaps it should be. Service was not as quick as it could be however staff were all delightful and friendly.

If you need golf or trips arranged etc look out for Alex who will sort out all you need and he is absolutely brilliant and also speaks good English which helps. Careful you don't get confused with the other Alex which is a Macaw that can be found by the pool or at breakfast.

The real let down for me was the beach which is non existent other than 50 yards. The resort web site does refer to the lovely beach but to be honest that is only at low tide which seemed to be at midnight so if you like to walk out at night then great but otherwise forget about a beach.

Conclusions

Lovely resort.
Great staff
Very well managed
Good food
Lagoon Rooms great
Sea facing rooms not good
Beautiful grounds

I doubt I would stay here again but only because there was no beach to walk on. I would stay in other Anantara resorts possibly Bali.

Of course if only the resort could be lifted and moved to the current site of the recently closed Marriott then that that would be perfect and I would return.

Room Tip: Lagoon rooms are fantastic in a peaceful part of the resort but have no view of the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Robbie 106,

Greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa,

Above all I would like to thank you for such a nice and detailled comment on Trip Advisor.

I am touched by the fact that you appreciated our efforts during the storm and I must say that we have received quiet a few very nice letters from our guests. All is back to normal now, with a very nice weather !

I have duly noted your other comments and can also confirm that some refurbishment are going to take place in some of our rooms next year, which will enhance our overall product.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write,

I do hope I will have the pleasure to welcoming you again at the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Nice hotel in pleasant surroundings.
Next to sea, but the small beach is nothing special.
Rooms were clean, but seemed dark. Although complimentary water was provided there were none of the other touches you would expect from a high end hotel.
The toiletries are provided in stupid pot jars situated away from the bath/shower.
Reasonable breakfast, but quite busy with more asian than western food, less choice than other 4 star hotels.
Fantastic service by employees, who always greet you with a smile.
The hotel restauraunts and bars are way too expensive, and nothing special. Such that the vast majority of people head into Hua Hin for better food and beverages at half the price and a better atmosphere. Even happy hour couldnt attract guests.
A bit far out of Hua Hin - too far to walk.
The 'complimentary' shuttle bus was more expensive than a taxi for 2 people!
Pool area was lovely with plenty of shade and sun beds.
overall a nice hotel, but a bit below the standard i anticipated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 2coats,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to write about us on Trip Advisor.

I am very glad to read that you have appreciated the fantastic service performed by our Team and had an overall good impression of our resort.

I have duly noted the other points mentioned and I thank you for pointing them out to me, this will assist us in improving ourselves.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future at the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa,

With best regards,