“Amazing”

Ranked #9 of 137 Hotels in Hua Hin
Wellington, New Zealand
“Amazing”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

This was not my first time staying here and What an amazing hotel it is. Grounds are fantastic and it is very noticeable that there is a new ethos to the operation and there is some refreshing new touches being implemented. From the new breakfast to the really fantastic seaside restaurant, relaxing by the pool and band in the lobby bar... We recommend this hotel thoroughly... The property is a little dated but it adds to the charm and there are signs of the resort updating happening... Go there for the friendly staff also, they are outstanding and very caring. Highly recommended

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Muppetontour01,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

What a great review! I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on this social network.

I am very glad to read your appreciation of our continous efforts to improve both our products and servics. Above all, I am very glad that we have contributed to make this stay a memorable Anantara experience. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with our wonderful team.

Looking very much forward to welcoming you soon in your favorite Hua Hin retreat,

With warm regards,

Thomas Barguil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Hi, I stayed at the Anantara resort twice during December 2013. I travel to Thailand regularly on business and in particular Hua Hin.

On first glance the Anantara seems like a paradise resort with it's beautiful traditional architecture and gardens. However when you look deeper you notice that it's not all that it promises from the exteriors.

Firstly I would like to state that I stayed in a standard type garden view room. On initially entering the room it looked as I would expect in a 5-star facility. However on further inspection I noticed paint peeling off walls, damaged light fittings and worst of all extreme mosquito issues. In fact they even supplied you with a can of repellent in the wardrobe so that you could extinguish them yourselves. The bathroom was small and pokey with old fittings and was seriously in need of modernizing. The shower itself could only muster up lukewarm water at full tilt. On top of all this the walls between rooms were painfully thin and I was kept amused for the whole of the second week by the "family Robinson" next door.

The common area's were reasonably well presented and the pool was excellent. However the restaurants were very poor. I tried the bar area, Italian and beach-side bar all separately for meals and would say if you must eat there then just go for a burger in the bar area. However please save up as the prices are ludicrous. A cold Thai style buffet with a colleague which included 2 diet cokes and 1 beer came to almost 3000 Baht. This is ludicrous for Hua Hin. Especially considering how bad it was! Eat in town for 10 times the quality at a third of the price. The Italian restaurants food was decent but again very overpriced for what it was. Breakfast was of decent standard and I have no real complaints apart from the over enthusiastic service which came and grabbed your plate as you were still chewing.

Finally I should comment on the staff who to the most part were good. Especially in the bar area where service was excellent. A shout out to, to the band who were also excellent.

All in all a thorough disappointment at a high price. The Sheraton 5KM further towards Cha Am is twice the hotel at 2/3rds the price. Give the Anantara a miss and go there.

Room Tip: Do not go for the basic room. In fact do not go for the hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank vinnie1979
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear vinnie1979,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa1

Thank you very much for your comments which we have read with great interest.

Above all, I am very glad to read that you have appreciated our excellent band and services at the Sala Siam as well as the services of the Anantara in general.

I am both surprised and saddened to read your other comments which do not reflect the very positive guest feedback we receive on a daily basis.

I would really appreciate if you could email me personally at tbarguil@anantara.com so I can gain more insight into your experience with us.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

ny
Reviewed 12 December 2013

After reviewing some of the reviews, i was concerned about the rooms, mosquitoes and the distance of the hotel. Anantara is absolutely amazing, we had connecting rooms since we were traveling with family. We stayed in rooms 200 and 201 which were close to the pool. Pros: The arrival was easy and the reception was super friendly. You have to meet Alex, he has been there for 13 years and he is wonderful. The breakfast was abundant and amazing. I don't believe I have any better breakfast. The food at the hotel was delicious but little bit pricey. Loved that the hotel was a 10 mins away so we took the tuktuk or shuttle bus - you are not in the middle of the madness. We were there during the King's birthday!

Cons: Asked them to change the shower curtain because it was a bit yellow which didn't happen but it did not dampen our stay. There is no real beach front because there is always high tide.

Overall: I would defnitely come back.

Anantara, thank you for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear cmichelny,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa,

Above all, I would like to thank you for your nice comments and for the time you took to write on Trip Advisor.

I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed the resort facilities, our wonderful Anantara team, as well as the provincial "city" of Hua Hin.

I have also duly noted your comments about the shower curtain and I am happy to confirm that we have taken the necessary measures.

Once again, thank you, the Team and I are looking very much forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I visited with my family. My friends had suggested me this hotel and I really found a great stay. Greenery, lots of trees, plants, nice view of sea. Good quality and variety of foods. Worth to stay here.

Dhirendra Sharma, Bangkok

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Dhirendra,

Greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa and thank you very much for writing this great review on Trip Advisor!

The Team and I are glad to read that we have contributed to make your stay a enjoyable one and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Many thanks again and warm festive regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I were married here and the experience we and our families had at Anantara was absolutely magnificient! We planned our wedding months before the date and the service and communication we recieved for our pre-wedding preparation was nothing short of excellent. The staff kept us up-to-date everytime we asked for confirmation of events and to go as far as to reply our emails on the day, knowing our wedding date was months away, was absolutely amazing.
The resort is breathtaking, utterley beautiful. The staff are so polite and helpful. As soon as we arrived and departed we were looked after and accomodated at every turn. We had a family member who required wheelchair assistance and the staff there made no hesitation to assist us. The service at Anantara is absolutely impeccable!! We felt like royalty as they treat you as such. The amenties at Anantara is deservedly 5 star quality if not more. The restaurants and bars on hand are an absolute delish with a live band at one of them (in the evenings) being one of our highlight expericences. The rooms are gorgeous with world class views, the room service being also world class as the attention to detail of preserving the room to pristine condition was excellent. Everytime we returned to our room there was always a surprise left for us by the staff personalised for the guest only, there is no place where I have experienced such consideration and customer care like this anywhere at any hotel resort and I've been to a few around the world.
Our younger guests loved the pool facilities and the spa as did the adults (two words - pool bars). The whole resort is constantly maintained making it look like paradise. Always tidy, always a joy to wonder around its surroundings.
Of course the highlight for us was the wedding event. It was organised to exactly how we wanted it. We had a wishlist of what we wanted and what we wanted excluded and it was done without objection, they knew this was our moment and they made sure we had included all what we asked. The wedding package was amazing. Breakfast in bed and the candle light dinner for two were my highlights.
I cannot say enough of this place, I've said alot already and I feel it still doesn't justify the wonderful experience we had Anantara.
To the amazing staff at the resort, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We cannot express enough how enjoyable our stay was and how relaxed we were at the wedding. Not many brides/grooms can say how relaxed it was at their wedding...but we can!
A special thank you to Khun Pooky for her role as our wedding planner, it would not be possible to have experienced such memorable moments if it wasn't for her. Thank you K. Thara for your help during our wedding reception and dinner and also to K. Mataya for maintaining our room, we always looked forward to returning to our room each night. To Daniel who watched over everything from beginning to end, thank you mate. You and your staff have gone above and beyond with your hospitality and service. Lastly, to all the staff at Anantara, thank you and thank you again for everything you have done for both our families , friends and ourselves. We are so glad we chose to stay with you. We will be returning again!

Owen & Annie

Owen and Annie

• Stayed November 2013
Dear ObAni,

Warm Festive greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

I would like first of all to apologize for the delayed answer to your fantastic feedback about our Resort facilities and services.

The Team and I are very glad to read that we have contributed to make your wedding a memorable experience and I must say that it was a real pleasure to arrange it to your convenience.

Rest assured that I have communicated your detailled comments to K. Pooky, K. Thada, K. Mataya and to Daniel, and we are all looking very much looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to your favorite hotel in Hua Hin.

With kind Festive regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is an old (25 years) comfortable resort within a beautiful large tropical garden, some 10-15 min from Hua Hin center, with an hourly shuttle bus for hotel guests (small charge). Good sea views only from the front line rooms which are spacious and comfortable. Large attractive pool which can be very cramped at high occupancy.3 restaurants (sea food, italian, thai), in my view all good but a little pricy. Only entertainment in the resort: Bar at night time with live music.
Beware: Although the property is indeed sea front, there is no beach but a steep wall down to water with some steps leading directly into the sea. During our time there (November) the sea was mostly rough and murky and not very suitable for swimming from the steps.
Try the colourful night market at Hua Hin with a great selection of excellent and very reasonably priced sea food restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a sea front room, preferably on the first floor, to enjoy sea views from the balcony. Rooms l...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Reinhard T,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

Above all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this nice review on TA.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed a relaxing time with us and that you have appreciated our beautiful gardens.

I have duly noted your feedback about the beach and I would like to add that some time of the year, the high tide does come close to the wall but then the beach will be back at low tide, which is the case in this part of the coast line in Hua Hin.

I have also noted your comment about the room. Should you decide to visit us again, I would like to recommend you to try our Lagoon Room category, which can also provide you access to our Private Lagoon Pool area, in a very peaceful surrounding.

Many thanks again for your time and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The hotel is a reasonable distance from the town so taxis, courtesy bus (50 baht) or local bus (10 baht) were needed to visit town.The rooms were pleasant and clean with a balcony.
There are a number of restaurants. I ate in the Thai, beach and bar restaurants - all were excellent especially the beach one where fish and meats were sold by weight and cooked in a variety of Thai (or western) ways.
Due to the overnight thunderstorms the sea was a bit churned up but nonetheless was good for swimming (when the red flag was not flying). There was an excellent very large and deep swimming pool with another small one (almost hidden away) in a very beautiful setting.
There was a three piece band that played most nights during happy hour. They had a wide repertoire and were surprisingly good.
A very enjoyable stay