Had a wonderful weekend at the Anantara Resort in Hua Hin. The staff of this resort really stand out as being extremely professional and courteous towards their guests. It starts with the GM Thomas who just happened to meet us as we were walking in the gates of the Anantara resort and gave us a ride to the main check in facility. Thomas couldn't have been more welcoming and receptive to us. He took a personal interest in us from the start and I find this rare for a hotel GM to do.
Daniel was also extremely pleasant and helpful; especially during the busy breakfast period when the breakfast buffet was overcrowded with people. He maintained his smile and did his best to accommodate us as we stood in line for a table.
I must also give credit to other staff members like Nuch and Alex who were extremely courteous and helpful to us during our stay. I wish I can remember the other members of the hotel who stood out; there were too many to remember !
We loved the facilities of this resort; the large pool with the 'swim to' bar/cafe, the beach area, the private lagoon pool, the deluxe room overlooking the lagoon, etc. The room itself was gorgeous - extremely spacious, modern, and comfortable. The wifi was good in the room as well as well as the air conditioning. The private happy hour for deluxe room lagoon guests was also extremely unique, lovely and really stood out for us.
If I can make the following suggestions to make this resort even better than it already is -
1. the fitness area has weightlifting machines which are old and outdated.
2. the pool area closes at 7pm; it would be nice if this could close a bit later like maybe 10pm in order to enjoy the pool and facilities during the lovely evenings.
3. I wish the breakfast area had a few more tables to accommodate the breakfast cafe at peak hours of the morning.
All in all, this is a wonderful resort and spa experience and I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 187-room Anantara Resort Hua Hin is a distinctive Thai village-style property located on the sunrise coast of the Gulf of Thailand, around 220 kms south of Bangkok. Hidden amidst 14 acres of luxuriantly landscaped gardens and lagoon pools, the picturesque resort enjoys a beachfront location at the quiet end of Hua Hin's long sandy beach for only 5 kms. from Hua Hin town centre. A three-meters high terracotta wall cleverly cocoons the resort from the hustle and bustle of town. As you make your way along the landscaped driveway, a sense of calm descends. The sense of arrival is heightened as you admire a decorative wall adorned with a parade of elephants. A cool breeze drifting in from the beach floats through the open-air Lobby with the strains of a melodic Thai tune lingering. Polished timber floors and Thai-style salas (pavilions) heighten the ambience of an intimate tropical hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Hua Hin Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Resort And Spa Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Anantara Resort Hua Hin
- Anantara Hua Hin
- Anantara Hotel Hua Hin