“Relaxing bliss!”

Ranked #7 of 134 Hotels in Hua Hin
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Relaxing bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from spending 11 nights at the Anantara Hua Hin for our honeymoon. We loved the hotel! We opted for the lagoon rooms, which are spacious and well appointed with the most comfortable beds ever! You even have a pillow menu! We had an upper floor room which meant beautiful views. We were are the hotel just after thai new year when it was still quite busy and then this week when it very quiet. Some days we had a few hours at the beautiful lagoon pool with no one else around! Truly relaxing.

We enjoyed the in room breakfast, although sometimes there was just too much food! I'm not sure how much the chef thinks two people can eat! But good options and well presented. We also enjoyed the cocktail hour for lagoon guests which did great cocktails and was a nice chance to meet other guests. Nattapong and his team did a great job of looking after us.

We loved the grounds of the hotel, very lush, and lots of quirky sculpture around. You could also go for a long beach walk depending on the tide, and the breeze was very refreshing by the ocean.

All in all a great hotel, an oasis away from the town, do go and stay!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CvAbu
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear CvAbu,

Warmest greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

Above all I would like to thank you for the time you took to write these very nice comments on TA.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed our resort and its services, and I am looking very much forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Thomas Barguil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had a wonderful weekend at the Anantara Resort in Hua Hin. The staff of this resort really stand out as being extremely professional and courteous towards their guests. It starts with the GM Thomas who just happened to meet us as we were walking in the gates of the Anantara resort and gave us a ride to the main check in facility. Thomas couldn't have been more welcoming and receptive to us. He took a personal interest in us from the start and I find this rare for a hotel GM to do.

Daniel was also extremely pleasant and helpful; especially during the busy breakfast period when the breakfast buffet was overcrowded with people. He maintained his smile and did his best to accommodate us as we stood in line for a table.

I must also give credit to other staff members like Nuch and Alex who were extremely courteous and helpful to us during our stay. I wish I can remember the other members of the hotel who stood out; there were too many to remember !

We loved the facilities of this resort; the large pool with the 'swim to' bar/cafe, the beach area, the private lagoon pool, the deluxe room overlooking the lagoon, etc. The room itself was gorgeous - extremely spacious, modern, and comfortable. The wifi was good in the room as well as well as the air conditioning. The private happy hour for deluxe room lagoon guests was also extremely unique, lovely and really stood out for us.

If I can make the following suggestions to make this resort even better than it already is -
1. the fitness area has weightlifting machines which are old and outdated.
2. the pool area closes at 7pm; it would be nice if this could close a bit later like maybe 10pm in order to enjoy the pool and facilities during the lovely evenings.
3. I wish the breakfast area had a few more tables to accommodate the breakfast cafe at peak hours of the morning.

All in all, this is a wonderful resort and spa experience and I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank jazsacher
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Jazsacher,

Warmest greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

It was a real pleasure welcoming you in such circumstances and I thank you for taking the time to write this very nice and detailed review on Trip Adviser.

I have communicated your comments to Dan, Alex, Nuch and the Team and we are delighted to read that we have contributed to make your stay a most enjoyable one.

I have also duly noted your suggestion regarding the gym, the breakfast area and pool timing schedule and I thank you for these. I am pleased to confirm that both the gym and breakfast area will be looked after during a refurbishment plan which should take place in the very near future. The pool timing is a very good idea, I will discuss it with the team.

Once again thank you and we are all looking forward to your next visit at the Anantara Hua Hin!

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was Thai New Year. The resort was full. Average 4 star property. Excellent Italian restaurant. Service was sometimes sloppy but generally good.

I was travelling with my family, my mother and my father and mother in law. My father in law is a stage 4 cancer patient. One night suddenly he fell very ill and we were very worried. One of the hotel managers took us to hospital in hotel car and while one hotel guard had used his personal car to carry other attendants. The hotel staffs were superb. Remain very grateful. I suppose this differenciate this resort from others. The hotel has a great heart.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Light-a-candle
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Light-a-Candle,

Warmest greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin resort & Spa!

Above all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review on TA, which I have shared with the team and Khun Arsa our Night Manager who assisted you at the time.

I have duly noted your other comments which will assist us in performing better during a 100% occupancy.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my sincere best wishes to your father.

Many thank again and with kind regards,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Pro:

Friendly and helpful staff who always tried to sort out everything for you.

Close to the main sight-seeing spots. Around 15mins ride from hotel to each of these places.

Great facilities. Big pool with bar, good quality restaurants, Spa with whole-hearted service, very cheap on the site exercising class (bf tried thai boxing class for only 300 baht). On top there's a tennis court, a table tennis spot and sports center...yes, this place is huge.

Beautiful, clean and well-equipped room. They even provide an adaptor, and small transparent plastic bag for your small bottles to pass the immigration! (well, surprisingly missed giving us toothbrushes in the room but that's okay)

Con:

Not a big selection of breakfast

Will be great if pool can be filled with cold water instead of warm during the VERY hot day

Honestly I couldn't ask for more for this lovely hotel, will definitely stay here again next time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexa C
Dear Alexa C,

Warmest greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to write this very nice feedback on TA.

The team and I are delighted to read that we have contributed to make your stay a most enjoyable one and that you have appreciated our resort and its services.

I have shared your comments with the Chef regarding the breakfast selection and he will be working on it in order to make some improvements.

Many thanks again and I am looking very much forward to welcoming soon in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here from 9th to 16th April and had a really wonderful time. All the staff are extremely friendly and polite and like a previous comment nothing was too much trouble. Great food with several dining areas to choose from. I would thoroughly reccomend this hotel for a relaxing holiday, but the only thing I would mention is that if you fly into Bangkok, you get a transfer by plane to Hua Hin airport rather than drive, as it took us nearly 3 hours by taxi.

1 Thank LINDA B
Dear LINDA B,

Warmest greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

Above all I would like to thank you for staying with us these past few days and for taking the time to write this nice review on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are delighted to read that you have appreciated our resort and its services and we are looking forward to welcoming back soon.

Many thanks again,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

AWESOME AWESOME, loved the Anantara Resort at Hua Hin. Rooms were clean, spacious and modern. Staff were friendly, fantastic and very helpful. Alex the concierge was the best. nothing was too much trouble, didn't want to leave. Headed there for a wedding that was organised via email from Australia and everything went perfectly. The grounds were beautifully maintained, food was excellent and the beer was cold.....

Room Tip: we stayed in a garden view, it was all we needed, various friends stayed as well and we had a mix of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 169Louise
Dear 169Louise,

Warmest greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin!

What an awesome review!! Many thanks for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are very glad to read that you have appreciated your stay, pour resort and its services.

Many thanks again, I am looking forward to welcoming back soon,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We recently stayed here for ten nights and found it really relaxing and met some nice people. The staff are extremely efficient and friendly and will do everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The grounds are beautifully maintained and everything looks fresh. I recommend that anyone intending to stay should opt for a Lagoon room to enjoy the many privileges ( cocktail hour with free drinks, complimentary shuttle bus, exclusive use of the quieter lagoon pool and breakfast served in your room or the Rim Nam restaurant.)
I would undoubtedly stay again!

1 Thank Bill M
Dear Bill M,

Warmest greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

Thank you for staying with us and above all for taking the time to write this great review on TA.

I am delighted to read that you have appreciated our resort and its services, especially our Deluxe Lagoon Room and its many advantages.

Again thank you and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.