“Family Holiday”

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin
Ranked #6 of 142 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed here from October 2nd to October the 11th 2013. We had two rooms interconnecting as family of 4 - (2 boys 11 & 6 years old). The hotel was just what we were after. The rooms were fantastic on the ground floor, large spacious and had everything we needed. I was expecting perhaps slightly dated and in need of renovating appearances but this did not stand out to me and we were well pleased. The pool with giant slide kept my boys happy all day everyday! The kids club really seems to be for toddlers - 5 years and younger. We didn't even attempt to put kids there. The hotel is lovely, the grounds are well spread out and at times it seems like there is only a few people there so never felt crowded even though full occupancy. The hotel has 4 restaurants and all of them were fantastic. We mostly ate at these restaurants as was easy and very reasonably priced. If you are without transport you need to catch a taxi/tuk tuk to venture out of the Hyatt and that is usually a standard cost of 150 Thai Baht one way. So a return trip is 300 Thai Baht this will add to your meal if bought out something to think about. Market Village is the closest Mall - you'll find okay shopping there and restaurants. Cicada market is on the weekends and well worth a visit out the front of the Hyatt so you can walk there. The shopping district is near the Hilton and Centara Hotels, but I found nothing worth buying personally. Unless you are after bags, cheap t-shirts or cheap dresses you'll find plenty of. I was after good quality clothing and pretty dresses but found nothing in Hua Hin and knowing we were off to Bangkok afterwards I saved my shopping for there. Next to the Hyatt is The Barai Spa. This is unlike any spa I have been too. It's architecture is unbelievable, I felt like I stepped into some exotic Royal like palace you'd expect to find in Dubai or Morocco! Beautiful treatments and service we had the pleasure of visiting several times & well worth it. The staff at Hyatt Hua Hin are wonderful, they really look after you and you are treated with great appreciation and excellent customer service. A big thank you to Ben Perera and Tanachai Sirimongkol for their customer service management of our stay at the Hyatt. Tanachai upgraded our rooms to the Regency Club for a fantastic price of around $80 per room per night. The club rooms are wonderful but it's the many other benefits that come with the club rooms. Such as free tea & coffee with pastries/snacks/refreshments served throughout the day and then between 5 - 7pm you have beverages and wonderful canapes served complimentary everyday. It was hard to leave this place let me tell you! I highly recommend this place and for me personally I would say it is probably the best family hotel in Hua Hin. The breakfasts are for Kings and Queens and the Gym is small but modern and good enough. The beach - to be expected is not that great to swim in, but great to look at. You can get a good enough run on here early morning but expect a little bit of rubbish but not too many dogs thank god! We are now heading back to Hua Hin in February for a wedding so cannot wait to revisit the Hyatt! Marlene & Nick Arno.

Room Tip: The standard rooms were fantastic, as large and spacious. We also stayed in the Club Regency room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marlenenick36
GM_HRHH, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Marlenenick36

Thank you very much for sharing your family holiday experience and really pleased to note your recommendation which I think is very helpful for others to consider when staying in Hua Hin and/or at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin.

We are grateful for the kind comments to our team members and also to Ben Perera and Tanachai Sirimongkol. They are all very appreciative of your comments which motivate all of us to strive for the excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in February.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We went to this places to escape and relax and achieved both.
The grounds are manicured and very pretty.
The staff are excellent and very helpful.
The rooms were very clean and came with a turn down at night which was nice.
We stayed in the club section, breakfast was ok but became tired after a couple of days.
Our stay included cocktails and canapés at 5pm each day. The selection was great and changed everyday. No need for an evening meal
It is out of Hau Hin a little but Tuk Tuks are cheap
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear kitemad

We are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable holiday at the resort and that you were fully rested and relaxed.

We appreciate all your feedback which we will share with the team to further enhance the quality of our service and offerings.

We hope to see you again in Hua Hin in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is not designed to be a hotel review but rather a review of the fantastic Sunday Brunch they present.
Starting at 11.30 and continuing until 3.00 pm the restaurant has spectacular sea views and offers fantastic seafood (as well as veggie and meats) plus a bottle of sparkling wine per couple. The Oysters and Scallops are my particular favourites! It is not cheap by Thai standards at around 2300 baht per person but by Western standards it is still excellent value.
If you are on holiday please accept my recommendation to visit. My wife and I truly enjoyed this experience and we will definitely return.
Just one potential risk...the restaurant is beachside and may get hot in high summer? Take the risk!

Room Tip: My review is aimed at the Sunday Brunch restaurant and not the hotel. If you are staying in the hote...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Gary B

Thank you very much for your kind review about our Sunday Brunch at McFarland House and we are delighted that you had a good time and satisfied with the various food offerings presented there as well as the live music and of course the unobtrusive seaview. The price of the Sunday Brunch is Baht 1300 net per person and Baht 1500 net per person (including a sparkling wine per two persons).

We look forward to your return visit to the resort and to Sunday Brunch again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a trip family trip, we took the shuttle bus from Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok to Hyatt Regnecy Hua Hin directly, it was a very nice 9-seater mini van, very comfortable and the staff was so nice. You don't have to worry about your luggage and they settle everything for you, just take a nap and it arrives. It took about 3 hours to reach Hua Hin and FO people immediately approached for registration, we stayed in the Club side, which was worth for money! Very warm and fast check-in process, and escorting us to the room.

Room is pretty spacious and with garden and pool view, clean and tidy room with a little living area, it's good enough for 3 people to stay (extra bed is added). We had our breakfast, evening cocktail at the open-area "club restaurant", very chilled, and such a nice resort with wonderful pools and slides. It was fun! Although the beach was not clean and we didn't go for swimming, the boundless sea view was great! We saw so many family guests chilling out and having fun with their little children. Staff was very friendly and helpful, we feel great staying here and just regret to stay too short (for 2nights only).

I did try out the spa, it was just perfect! From arrival to departure, the experience was so great! so relax and the staff was taking good care of each guest. Therapist did a very good Thai Massage to me and I was released. Club guest also gets "One for One" discount, either one treatment for another one, or one person to another person. So it's like a 50%off privilege! Worth trying. Another worth trying is the Yoga Class, teacher was friendly and good teaching you how to do properly, very attentive, my mum and I like it very much!!!

Hotel also provided the shuttle service (50thb@) to the night market, which is very convenient. Finally we took another shuttle service back to Bangkok (600thb@).

However, the shuttle service from Bangkok to Hua Hin is at 2pm and 10am vice versa, it would be great if there is an earlier timeslot to go Hua Hin and later one to leave so to make our stay longer in the hotel.

Room Tip: Club Room is worth!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Poaching

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the resort with your family recently. We appreciate your kind observation and sharing the experience of the facilities and services at the resort. We are glad to note that you had a pleasant stay.

We look forward to your return visit again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Hua Hin for 2 nights in a Club room. Initially we had booked for 4 but before arriving we decided to shorten our stay and it was a wise decision.
I will not come back to this hotel it is by far the poorest standard of 5 star hotel I have seen here in Thailand for a renowned International Hotel chain.

Nice grounds
Lovely nature
Food quality is good

Main restaurant, Fig, is old and dull it reminded of my stays at a let down Holiday Inn resort in the US
Club breakfast choice is very limited and not much room to sit. If you want to have breakfast at the main restaurant there is an extra charge which is ridiculous.
Pool and grounds tend to become inundated when it rains, this results in the pool water becoming disgustingly glassy and full of leaves. I would not recommend swimming after the rain.
Hotel has rules such as dress code at the club lounge for breakfast and no inflatable toys in the club pool but guests do not care and management does not seem to reinforce the rules. There were guests in pyjamas at the club breakfast and children playing with air mattresses and water bottles in the club pool.
The gym is too small for the hotel's size.
There is almost no beach at high tide in the area where the hotel is located.
Club rooms are very average, similar to what other reviews said. The safe and phone seemed to date back to the 1970s. Only the bathroom had been upgraded.
Hotel needs some renovation work done, some areas are nice but check the bathrooms by the Pool restaurant, they have no air con and the door did not close.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_HRHH, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear daisy94lausanne

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your recent stay at the resort on the positive and not so positive experience. We will certainly enhance what is good and improve those concerned areas.

The additional surcharge for breakfast from Club lounge to the Figs main restaurant has been implemented since the resort opened 12 years ago and I think it is the same practice in most hotels with club facilities. However over time we have also upgraded our breakfast selections at the Club lounge. The dress codes rule will certainly be enforced and thank you for highlighting this matter.

We do have extensive drainage system around the hotel to accommodate volumes of water from the rain, however you must have had experienced the 13 hours non stop rain which occurred in one of the day in this early month which occurred beyond our expectation and only happened once for many years. I think it is normal under this abnormal situation that all our pools are inundated with waters however our team did try 24 hours a day to clean and filter the water in the pools. We also check the pH level in all our pools three times a day and more during the rainy season.

The high tide natural phenomenon happens every where along the Hua Hin and Cha am coast line and there is nothing we can do about changing this nature during this season.

Rest assured we will do our very best to improve the product and services as to enhance our guest experiences at the resort.

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Hyatt regency has a good location, beautiful beach and well maintained facilities. I booked a standard room with a very reasonable price, including breakfast. When i checked the receptionist told me that my room is being upgraded. I was so happy, the room has separate living room, big balcony facing swimming pool. At night we can walk to Cicada market which is very fun with so many different kinds of food stalls. The breakfast has so many different kinds of food. I will definitely return to this resort

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ferliana21

Dear Ferliana21

We appreciate your kind feedback of your recent stay at the resort and glad that you and your friends had a pleasant time in and around the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

A chill out by the pool and beach was required, and this hotel hit the spot. Lovely setting, and the whole complex was well maintained.

The welcome at reception was OK, and we were shown to our room. Although the buildings are all low rise I requested a 'high floor' and this was pleased with the 3rd floor room, at the end of the block with limited passers by ! The walk to the room through the gardens was lovely, and I knew I'd made the right choice.

The room was immaculate. Always clean and tidy, the bathroom was large, with a good shower, robes and slippers provided too. I didn't find the beds hard, and there was a pillow menu available to suit your preference.

The staff here are amazing, all friendly, especially the guys & girl (!) around the pool, and all the waiting staff in both the breakfast room and in the you & me bar. The pool attendants would always bring the towels to your sunbed along with bottles of cold water, and re-position the beds and brolly as requested. The slide isn't just for kids - they love the waves created by the adults, so go for it.

The beach was very clean, and the sea was warm, and we enjoyed many walks up and down the beach although we did see quite a few stricken jellyfish !! We also had a quick blast on the jet skis just outside the hotel which was good fun.

There were only a couple of niggles, and they were just that, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others. So please take them with a pinch of salt, and don't let them put you off staying at this hotel.

The breakfast experience was varied. The food was always good, egg station was second to none, but at the start of our holiday the hotel was quiet, and it was full towards the end. You could tell. The staff struggled to cope with the number of guests at peak times. The eating area wasn't full but there weren't enough staff to clear and reset tables, and replenish glasses, bowls etc. We were offered breakfast in the Talay Thai one morning due to the lack of space which was a beautiful setting and a far more civilised experience.

The poolside bar/food service was often very slow aswell. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy to walk to get a drink but if a service is offered then I would expect it to be efficient.

We didn't eat at the hotel in the evenings for a couple of reasons, firstly the restaurants were very quiet which I guess suits some people but wasn't for us. And secondly the prices seemed relatively expensive, so we were happy to venture out for a more traditional Thai experience. The You & Me pool bar did a good selection of thai and western food and we did have lunch here most days, again the service was very good.

Our room rate included a 60 minute complimentary massage at the Barai Spa. The massage was very good, and I was expecting an 'upsell' at some point during the visit that didn't materialise which was pleasing. The steam/sauna and changing area in the Spa are well equipped with everything you could possibly need. As were the gym changing facilities. Initially we were disappointed that we couldn't have a late checkout or a courtesy room to freshen up before departure, and were offered the gym facilities as an alternative. But these changing rooms also had everything you could want including toothbrush and paste, mouthwash, combs, nail files, as well as plenty of clean towels of course ! We tried to tip the staff member in the gym before leaving but he wouldn't take the money until we absolutely insisted.

The laundry and massage up the road from the hotel are very good and also reasonably priced. And the bar on the corner usually has a good atmosphere, and good food too. There are other bars and shops for essentials near the hotel such as 7/11 and Tesco Lotus.

I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, it is pretty much perfect. Well done to all the team.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank andrea386

Dear andrea386

Thank you very much for sharing your very detailed experience of your recent stay at the resort and it is very much appreciated.

We are of course pleased that overall your long stay with us had paid off with nice memory of the hotel and the destination. Thank you for trying the various facilities and services at the resort and good to know that they met your expectations.

We valued your comments as this will motivate all of us here to continuously engaged in enhancing our products and services.