“Hilton Hua hin”

Ranked #15 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
England
“Hilton Hua hin”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Just returned from our second stay in this hotel this year,it was as good as ever have not got a negative word to say about this hotel. I would just like to say it was like going home and that the staff are amazing from the moment you arrive to leaving the hotel the service we received was excellent in all areas. The hotel itself is in an excellent location. Hopefully we will be back again march/April next year and would not stay anywhere else, we have previously stayed in the Sofitel next door but we prefer the Hilton.

Room Tip: we stayed in a suite and this was super.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Boris_Blobel, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your honest review that I can feel came from your heart.

Please rest assured that we will make every effort to exceed your expectations time by time again.

We are already looking forward welcoming you "back home" for your third visit in the very near future.

Boris Blobel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The Hilton offers the usual benefits you would expect of a five star hotel - large rooms, clean, huge well designed pool and bars, beautiful landscaping around the pool and associated outdoor bars, great views, best location for downtown Hua Hin, great facilities (gym, squash courts, pool tales, table tennis), breakfast - vast choice of offer. I stayed with a group of about 15 adults and teenagers and we loved the Hiotel. My only issue - the corridors outside the rooms are very noisy, the wooden/tiled floors results in noise travelling into rooms – a woman sneezed outside my room ( a deluxe room on the 12th floor) and I thought she was in the room with me, you can near the doors closing on almost all the rooms on your floor almost.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write the review.

It is very good to hear that you and your group truly enjoyed the stay with us and appreciated all services and facilities that are offered and available.

I am a bit surprised about your "corridor noise" comment as we do not receive such feedback often - rest assured that I will be looking into this matter with the related department head personally and make adjustments/improvements if found necessary.

Please do come and visit us again in the near future.

Surrey
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We holidayed here 1st week of September and we had a fabulous time. I could not find any fault over the whole 7 days we stayed here. Will certainly be returning. We are family of 3
They had a seperate kidz zone pool area which worked really well for us as we have a 2 and half year old. The staff were so accommodating and could not do enough for us. Very good selection of food for breakfast, all areas kept very clean and tidy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We are a very family friendly hotel and we ensure that our "VIKs" (very important kids) are well looked after - at the end of the day also the parents need time to relax, refresh and rejuvenate...

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I write this review from Montri bar next to the Hilton hotel, where me and the wife have been staying for the past week. This has been our first time in Thailand and we couldn't have picked a better spot to stay. The hotel rooms themselves may be a bit dated but the public areas, especially the pool area and lobby, are top-notch. The staff are not 'bone-lazy' as suggested in previous posts but nor are they in your face as our American friends seem to need/want. We have also seen 'rats' at breakfast but these are in fact a small squirrel-like mammal apparently common in Thailand and we have happily shared our breakfast with them on a number of occasions. The breakfast has been superb every day - a choice of european or asian food, from stir-fried beef to boiled eggs and soldiers and worth having breakfast included in our view. Weather has been 32 degrees every day with a bit of cloud and a bit of rain but poolside weather all day every day nonetheless and it must still be 30 degrees as I type this at 23:00. Step outside the hotel and you are in the thick of the action so prepare to have your eyes opened but not in a bad way, everyone very friendly and they are happy to have a laugh and a joke with you. Beach outside the hotel is very small and I can imagine the pool area and beach get very busy in peak season. My top tip is to go onto the beach, turn left and go up the steps to the terrace overlooki ng the sea, street food and a street bar to die for. Best food we have eaten and one fifth of the price of the hotel. Try both night markets and especially the Cicada market on Friday and Saturday nights. Lovely hotel, lovely area, lovely people. Get involved and leave your hang-ups at home.

1 Thank AdoptedGeordie
Boris_Blobel, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write such a satisfying and factual review.

I am especially glad to hear that you did appreciate the overall service of our hard working team members. I am very proud of this team giving their all day in and day out. Also, I am happy to read that you enjoyed the nature and our small squirrels running around the resort.

Please do come back and rest assured that we will exceed your expectations once again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stay here - you will not be dissapointed!!!
The rooms are spacious and clean (cleaned twice a day)!! Bathroom is also spacious with a bath and separate walk-in shower.
Breakfast buffet is excellent with vast choice of food.
Lovely lobby area with a lounge bar & live music daily.
On the first floor there is a snooker table and pool and table tennis tables. Also tennis courts, gym, spa etc.
Great pool area with plenty of loungers. a few steps down and you are on the beach.
Location couldn't be better - step outside and you are amid shops,bars and restaurants.
We will return to this hotel!!!!!!!!

I can recommend Onn Onn Corner restaurant for great thai food. (2 beers, 2 glasses of wine, 2 starters and 2 mains for £15)
I can also recommend Hollywood Tailors in an ally opposite the hotel, where I had 2 suits made.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback, greatly appreciated.

Our team members are here to exceed guest's expectations and I am glad to hear that this was achieved.

We are truly looking forward to your return in the hopefully near future.

McLean, VA
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Just spent four days with my dad. Overall, a very nice hotel with clean big rooms, nice pool, great gym and excellent breakfast. The location is nice - next to many shops and restaurants. Great facilities for kids. However, the beach is very small with no privacy. The staff is the laziest i have seen in any other Hilton or comparable property. Examples - at checkin, could not find my hhonors number. Had to call twice to get room cleaned, and to get a concierge to pick up luggage for checkout. Just didn't expect this level of poor service ...

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank ArshadVA
Boris_Blobel, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experiencec from your recent stay with us.

Firstly, I am glad to hear that you overall truly enjoyed your stay with us, especially the room facilities, the gym, the poo facilities and the breakfast.

All beaches in Hua Hin are public and the beach stretch in front of our hotel is the beginning of a large beach stretching for kilometers.

I must admit that I am very surprised to read your feedback of the team members from selected areas in the hotel - rest assured that I will be addressing your constructive feedback with the team concerned in order to avoid a repeat in the future.

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you once again to Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa.

Perth
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The location of the Hilton couldn't be better in the middle of everything and on the beach close to the bars. We stayed for eleven nights 26.08.2011-06.09.2011.
We were lucky to get a room (924) Gulf View which was in a great position the balcony was a goodsize and a lovely veiw. Part of the balcony went around to the front of the hotel which meant that we could also veiw the mountains and the city below this made for a nice change now and again.
The rooms over looking the pool had balconies which were overlooked continually by the people going up and down in the lift also past the pool area wasn't as nice a view.
Our room was big and had been renovated with a lovely big bathroom. The service for the rooms were really good I asked for it to be made up each day around 10am which was done.
The pool area was really good plenty of loungers around the pool and on the grass area. Water aerobics each day around 10-30am. I cant recall that being advertised so it was a pleasant suprise. Service in the hotel overall was really good.

We dont recommend that you get any deal which involves purchasing the evening meals. The food was not of the best standard or variety no where near what we expect from a Hilton hotel and the restaurants were near empty hence no atmosphere.

Breakfast was fine the usual for a hotel good variety but lacking in the European/Australian choices, the egg station was as usual but the eggs didn't have much taste and the scambbled/ ommlette seemed to be watered down and were not cooked properly on any occassion, The chef seemed to rush the cooking of the omellets and not cook the inside properly. If you like beans they were on once in the time we were there. Having said all that it may ecourage you try something you wouldn't normally have for breakfast and that is not always a bad thing. I tried some of the Japanese fare and one or two other items I wouldn't normally eat for breakfast and enjoyed them.

The Hilton Spa is lovely to visit I had two treatments one massage and one package massage and facial. They are expensive but cheaper than in Australia. I enjoyed both but I did find that the massages outside were probably better but of course the ambience isn't the same.
There weren't many children there when we were but it looks like there is plenty to keep them occupied regardless of age. Pool tables computers and computer games tennis courts ect there were also horse rides on the beach I noticed an area which looked like a childrens corner probably where you could have your children looked after whilst you had some me time.

We had our anniversary at the hotel and as they were aware of this they made an extra effort to make our room a bit special for the day extra flowers honeymoon cake and towels made into swans inside rose petals on the bed. All very lovely and appreciated.

Over all it was a great hotel to stay in and should we ever go back to Hua Hin this is where we would stay again you really cannot beat the location service and the hospitality of this hotel.

1 Thank candy1Perth
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and for taking your time to write this review.

I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and would consider staying with us again should you return.

It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the room facilities, the housekeeping service standard and The Spa.

Your observation about children facilities is very accurate as we are a very family focused hotel, ensuring that both parents and children will leave rejuvenated after their holidays.

With regards to the food quality and variety feedback I must admit that I am rather surprised as we offer 7 different restaurants to enjoy cusine, ranging from Chinese to Italian to BBQ to Thai. Having a German Executive Chef, our food quality reputation has been very good helping us to earn various food awards in the past and ensuring a very steady repeat customer base.

I would truly hope to welcome you back once again.