I first visited Hua Hin in 2007 and I was not a guest at the Hilton then but I did visit the hotel a couple of times. The first time I was a guest in the Hua Hin Hilton was in May 2009 and I have been a regular visitor on average twice a year since then and I hope that I will continue to go there when I am in Hua Hin. I have never had a bad experience in this hotel and it continues to be my first choice when visiting Hua Hin.
I always get a warm, friendly and efficient welcome from everybody at this hotel from the door staff, reception, concierge and housekeeping. They are all very professional and so efficient that things just seem to get done without you noticing. I would recommend this hotel for couples, families and single travellers - they will look after you!
The public areas around the lobby and reception are lovely and peaceful. The pool area is very well maintained and large enough to cater for all even when the hotel is at its busiest in high season and over weekends. It's popular with Bangkok people coming to visit Hua HIn for weekend breaks which for me adds to the buzz of the place.
The rooms are not what you would describe as "state of the art" now compared to some new Thai boutique hotels but that's not a huge disadvantage. They are done in subtle Thai syle, they are very spacious, spotlessly clean and well maintained and very quiet too. The bathrooms have separate baths and showers and are perfectly adequate. The balconies are also nice with great views over the Gulf of Thailand and in some cases the pool area too.
I've eaten in the hotel restaurants several times too and whether it's been Thai or European food it's always been prepared to the highest standard and always served with a welcoming smile. The hotel also has several bars and a nightclub which are worth mentioning. Sky Bar is a relatively recent addition and is outside on a high floor with great views. Certainly worth a visit around sunset if you can. My favourite bar is Milestones which is just off the lobby to the left as you enter. This is a sizeable cocktail/lounge bar which is lovely and relaxing inside but it also has a nice terrace area outside too. The drinks here are always made perfectly whether it's a simple bottle of beer or a sophisticated cocktail. The staff in this bar deserve a special mention as they are so professional and attentive to the point I don't think I have experienced anywhere else in the world. Nothing is ever too difficult for them and it's a real pleasure to relax in Milestones in the evening. There is also a live band on most nights from 9pm.
Perhaps the best thing this hotel has in it's favour is location. For me you simply cannot get a better location in Hua Hin. It sits right on the beach in the centre of town which means you can walk to any of the restaurants that you may want to visit outwith the hotel.
I have to be honest and say it's certainly not the cheapest hotel in Hua Hin but it's not always about how cheap something is right? Generally in life you get what you pay for and I'm sure you will be happy with your guest experience at this hotel.
I'm hoping to go back in January 2012 again and looking forward to the Hilton experience again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the center of Hua Hin, the Hilton Hua Hin Resort and Spa hotel provides the perfect combination of bustling urban life and relaxed seaside living. Every guest room offers panoramic views over the Gulf of Thailand from your private balcony. Escape from the stresses of everyday life when lie back on a sun lounger, sip a tropical cocktail from the pool bar and bask under cloudless skies. Keep active with a swim in the pool, a game of tennis or squash or a workout in the fitness center.Refuel with a trip to one of the resort’s ten bars and restaurants. Choose from fresh local seafood, outdoor fine dining, live music and cocktails or award winning Chinese cuisine.Stay connected from the comfort of your Thai-influenced guestroom thanks to WiFi. With five flexible meeting and function rooms this resort is an ideal venue for a Hua Hin meeting, conference or celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Hilton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Hua Hin Hilton