“A wonderful guest experience everytime I've been here.”

Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 142 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I first visited Hua Hin in 2007 and I was not a guest at the Hilton then but I did visit the hotel a couple of times. The first time I was a guest in the Hua Hin Hilton was in May 2009 and I have been a regular visitor on average twice a year since then and I hope that I will continue to go there when I am in Hua Hin. I have never had a bad experience in this hotel and it continues to be my first choice when visiting Hua Hin.

I always get a warm, friendly and efficient welcome from everybody at this hotel from the door staff, reception, concierge and housekeeping. They are all very professional and so efficient that things just seem to get done without you noticing. I would recommend this hotel for couples, families and single travellers - they will look after you!

The public areas around the lobby and reception are lovely and peaceful. The pool area is very well maintained and large enough to cater for all even when the hotel is at its busiest in high season and over weekends. It's popular with Bangkok people coming to visit Hua HIn for weekend breaks which for me adds to the buzz of the place.

The rooms are not what you would describe as "state of the art" now compared to some new Thai boutique hotels but that's not a huge disadvantage. They are done in subtle Thai syle, they are very spacious, spotlessly clean and well maintained and very quiet too. The bathrooms have separate baths and showers and are perfectly adequate. The balconies are also nice with great views over the Gulf of Thailand and in some cases the pool area too.

I've eaten in the hotel restaurants several times too and whether it's been Thai or European food it's always been prepared to the highest standard and always served with a welcoming smile. The hotel also has several bars and a nightclub which are worth mentioning. Sky Bar is a relatively recent addition and is outside on a high floor with great views. Certainly worth a visit around sunset if you can. My favourite bar is Milestones which is just off the lobby to the left as you enter. This is a sizeable cocktail/lounge bar which is lovely and relaxing inside but it also has a nice terrace area outside too. The drinks here are always made perfectly whether it's a simple bottle of beer or a sophisticated cocktail. The staff in this bar deserve a special mention as they are so professional and attentive to the point I don't think I have experienced anywhere else in the world. Nothing is ever too difficult for them and it's a real pleasure to relax in Milestones in the evening. There is also a live band on most nights from 9pm.

Perhaps the best thing this hotel has in it's favour is location. For me you simply cannot get a better location in Hua Hin. It sits right on the beach in the centre of town which means you can walk to any of the restaurants that you may want to visit outwith the hotel.

I have to be honest and say it's certainly not the cheapest hotel in Hua Hin but it's not always about how cheap something is right? Generally in life you get what you pay for and I'm sure you will be happy with your guest experience at this hotel.

I'm hoping to go back in January 2012 again and looking forward to the Hilton experience again!

Room Tip: Go for floors 8 or above for the best views over the pool and Gulf of Thailand.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rylo14
There are newer reviews for Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa

Reviewed 30 October 2011

stayed here october 2011,everything was perfect location,rooms,food,weather, no problems getting sunbeds staff all very helpfull breakfast was first class. we looked out for the rats that were mentioned in other reviews a but only saw the cute little squirrels.All in all very relaxing laid back hotel

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hollyda
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Loved the hotel and the staff were very friendly but then the Thai people are lovely. I felt very safe here in Hua Hin and the amenities in the hotel were good. Although we were given a twin room and this trip was for our tenth anniversary. The staff soon changed the room though with no fuss. The only issue for me is other people putting their towels on the sunbeds early morning and then they did not return for many hours which was unfair the hotel should have a policy if the sunbed is not used for over an hour then the towels are taken off the beds for others to use. We also had a meal in the White Lotus restaurant on the 17th Floor. The views are beautiful over Hua Hin especially at night but the meal was nothing special and over priced also the restaurant was empty. Which was a shame. But overall a lovely hotel and well placed in Hua Hin for everything.

Room Tip: I think then higher the floor the prettier the view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The hotel was truly excellent, from the friendliness of the staff on the check in desk to the gorgeous rooms and attentive service. Breakfast in the hotel was very nice with a great deal of choice and freshly cooked omelettes.
While I would agree with others that drinks in the hotel are a little on the steep side, they were realistically no more expensive than one would expect from a four star hotel. The hotel is however, wonderfully situated close to numerous restaurants and bars so if you are willing to venture out there are bargains to be had!
I would without question have given the hotel a five star rating apart from one really rather annoying point, which was that having wifi in your room was charged at about £10 a day. Now considering I have stayed in numerous 2 and 3 star hotels where this service is provided for free, the idea that such a high quality hotel would bill for anything more than a nominal administration charge.

Room Tip: The room upgrade is definitely worth it and not a significant amount more money.
Reviewed 25 October 2011

As already mentioned by others, the Hilton Hua Hin is in a great location right on the beach in the middle of Hua Hin.
Prices for food and drinks are reasonable for a 4-5 star hotel IMHO. If you want cheaper, go to any of the numerous bar / restaurants nearby (we like the places built over the water 200m to the north) who don't have the overhead / capital cost to pay off.
Kids club is nice with very friendly Thai staff, and fun activities (though not quite what you get in, say, Fiji).
My only gripe is that hotels which provide sufficient space / bedding for families at a reasonable price are few and far between. The Hilton website advertises rooms with "2x queen beds" and they look like that in the photos. So I booked that thinking it would be ample for us and our 2 kids. In reality, the beds a largeish singles, not even double size, let alone queen (I believe the photos are stretched on their website). Which meant 1 of our kids had to sleep on a couch (and my wife and I had a cosy time in the other!). The beds are also quite hard as mentioned by others. Previously we've stayed at the Sofitel nearby, which does have rooms with 2 "genuine" queen beds, but that was booked out due to renovations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Boris_Blobel, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to write this review.

I am glad to read that you truly enjoyed the location, the overall service and the Kids Club facilities.

Being the largest hotel in Hua Hin we do offer various different room size/bed size constallations and most of the requests/preferences can be met - not sure if you brought up this matter to the team during your stay, as we would surely have tried everything in our capacity to find an acceptable solution for you and your family.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I travelled with my wife, our son (7) & daughter (4). The hotel accomodated our request for a low floor room, with a sea view, as we were nervous about our children on a high balcony for safety reasons. However, please bear in mind there aren't any ground floor rooms, so a fall from even the lowest floor would likely be fatal. This isn't a critacism of the hotel, just the way it is though.

Even the cheapest room is spacious, a decent size bathroom & balcony, the beds although on the firm side were very comfortable. Our only niggle is there wasn't enough wardrobe space for a family of 4.

The food was very good, there was something for everyone from everywhere at breakfast. The White Lotus restaurant was excellent great view from the 17th floor, we tried the house speciality the roast duck, mainly because we got 2000bht to spend in house as part of our booking deal. However, this restaurant is very pricey by local standards (although we did have the most expensive thing on the menu), as are the drinks by the pool. Also be aware that some prices are subject to service charge & vat which add to around 18.5%. Having said this hotel prices tend to be higher the world over, prices in Thailand have increased quite a lot since our last stay in 2003. Other nationalities were saying the same thing also, so it's not just the poorer exchange rate.

The staff, well what can we say? They were brilliant, they couldn't do enough for us, they loved the kids (especially since they're blonde) e.g one day there were no sunbeds left by the pool. I mentioned this to the staff, within 5 minutes 2 beds appeared complete with matresses, they even placed our towels for us and an umberella. Nothing is too much trouble and they walk away before you get a chance to tip them. Very friendly, genuine, gentle people - we thought they were great! Another point to remember also is the rooms get made up TWICE a day. Where else can you get that?

The location is good, just on the beach. If you want a break from the pool, go to the beach, turn right and stop at the first bunch of deck chairs and umberellas. Mrs. Moon and friends will look after you with cheap drinks and reasonable quality food, she also does massages and manicures. Tell her our kids Jack & Tiegan miss her and her friend Sang.

Out front there are dozens of restaurants. Stick to thai if you want cheapness, the prices can rise a lot if you want western food. Go out front, opp. Hua Hin Brewing company you will see the all seasons restarant, very good selection, good value and they even managed to feed our two picky kids. Also, if you turn right onto the main road, for approx 25 yrds, there a sign on the left for the Naresdamri Restaurant, here again very good value and a good range of food. The staff here are lovely. Although the prices in general aren't as expensive as the UK, they are a lot steeper than the last time we visited, even allowing for 2 extra mouths to feed. For this reason I doubt we'll be back in a hurry, as if I'm spending a lot of money I'd prefere somewhere different. However the hotel was great value, one the best if not the best I've stayed in.

Further more a point for the general manager. Thank you for a lovely stay, please thank your staff on our behalf & I'm impressed that you take the time to personally comment on reviews.

Kind regards
Steve Ellis

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Boris_Blobel, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Mr Ellis,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write such an encouraging review. I am very happy to ready that you and your family were well taken care of - we pride ourselves being a family friendly hotel with so many activities/options for kids.

It is my pleasure to write a response to all reviews, as our guests have also taken their time to give us their honest opinions/feedback on their stay.

I believe that pricing in Thailand is still very reasonable comparing to many other holiday destinations.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back at some stage in the future - I am sure that the kids would love to go on that slide again...

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Hotel is excellent, I would rate it 4 star,
Rooms are a little dated but very clean and all have sea views.
Only used the market restaurant for breakfast which were great and plenty of choice.
Pool area was great but drinks are too expensive if the hotel reduced the prices then people would more money instead of sneaking them in from outside.
The beach is not the best but the hotel try their best to keep it clean in front of the hotel.
location of the hotel is perfect.
We have also stayed in the sofitel next door and find it hard to compare a difference in standards.
Overall a great hotel

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your honesty when writing the review and it is good to hear that overall you had a pleasant stay with us.

The main strength of our hotel that we can control is the "software", our dedicated and friendly team members - this is what makes most of our guests return time after time, as the are becoming part of our family.

I would call the overall pricing in the hotel "value for money", as one should not forget that we do have the name "Hilton" on the top of our hotel with many other exclusive benefits if you are our guest.

We would love to welcome you back.