“Would not stay here again”

Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 137 Hotels in Hua Hin
“Would not stay here again”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My husband and I stay
At htons often and I have to say we had the worst experience here! Upon arriving the front desk was unable to find our reservation, after getting that figured out we went to the lounge when we got back from the lounge we had a check out bill eve though we were staying another two nights, had to go back down and get that figured out. Another night another night at the lounge I asked to order dessert while my husband had a drink, I was told to go to my rm and order room service. The final straw was at check out when we could not get a staff member to call a cab to bring us to the Hilton in Bangkok, my husband had to walk down the street to find a cab and ask them if they could come back to our hotel to pick us up.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Sjp201

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

May I thank the Hilton staff for another wonderful holiday. We would not stay anywhere else in Hua Hin the location is excellent and the staff are superb nothing is too much trouble from checking in to checking out we have always had excellent service also a big thank you to Pia and Nan in the executive lounge, looking forward to booking my next trip will certainly be back.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

This our 3 rd stay and cannot fault ,this time we took family with us and they also enjoyed.
Room was clean and ready on arrival , spotlessly clean,
Breakfast vast choice think you would have to be extremely fussy not to find anything !
Fresh breads ,fresh fruits, smoothies to order, egg station plus all usual finds.
Staff friendly and attentive.
When we first arrived we were given a room with interconnect door on ( bay room) , I spoke to reception to ask for a different room,and spoke to front of house manger Maria?she then explained that they had overbooked the hotel on the Saturday night and if we're willing to spend a night across the road at fresh inn , then they would upgrade us to a pacific suite Free of charge for the duration of our holiday !
We agreed and no hassle went fir breakfast in the morning, left everything as was in our room ( safe contents left with family).
Overnight back left with reception,
Staff packed our room up and next day we returned to suite, and everything put back as was!
This may not be the most modern hotel, location wise brill all on your doorstep ,clean and friendly , can't wait to return

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

We wanted luxury for 3 nights and got it. Everything about this hotel is spot on. Visually delightful. Polite helpful staff. Beautiful pool area and furnishings etc etc the list is endless. We only had a basic room but it was fantastic affording views of the beach and town.
Kate who checked us in could not have been more helpful and enrolled me in the rewards programme,showed us to the lifts etc.
The rooms are lovely and very well appointed. Shower and bath,big towels and nice complimentary towels,bath robes and slippers.
We were b+b and the brekky is fantastic. No end of choice including a noodle bar.
There is a gym and spa I believe but I don't do gyms on holiday so can't say how well equipped it is.
The hotel does nightly themed buffet nights with entertainment but we preferred to go into the adjacent streets to soak up the nightlife.
I could go on and on but if you were disappointed with this hotel you must be very picky indeed.
I would recommend it without reservation.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Barto X
babz30
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Hilton Hotel, Hua HIn - we stayed in a Deluxe Room no 720

Check in
Check in was with a lovely pleasant girl called Noon, but our room wasn’t quite ready. We waited about half an hour, but we checked in early, 11 am.

Hotel
The hotel is beautiful. Very large, beautiful foyer with running water and views out to pool, sea and beyond. Great spacious open areas with views to die for. The foyers and lobby was lovely and cool. My only thing with the hotel is the fact that as a Hilton, you could be anywhere in the world. They seem to standardise their hotels and apart from the Thai staff and their uniforms, you would never know where you were from your surroundings, but I'm being picky. We also found that the lifts were very slow. There are 17 floors and it seemed to take forever for the lifts to get you up and down.

Room
Great big airy room overlooking the Centara Grand and with sea views. Bed was ok, bit firm for us, but fine. Room had a large sofa, small table and a couple of chairs. There was an ironing board & iron, hair dryer, toiletries, coffee/tea & complimentary water. First impressions were great.

Then I noticed the air conditioning unit in the room; it was completely rusted. I went into bathroom and was disappointed to find the shower surround rusted and the grout along bath and shower cubicle in dire need of replacement. There were cracked tiles on the wall and floor. Now I go on holidays to enjoy myself, not complain, so after checking that everything was spotless, we decided that the view and room was worth the rusty fittings. Air conditioning wasn’t great, worked ok, but just ok.

As a travel agents, I sell this hotel to honeymoon couples so I spoke to a manager about the state of the room and asked if there was any notice of a renovation program, she said there was nothing in the pipeline, but advised if clients want a perfect room, book the Executive/Club rooms, apparently they were renovated quite recently. She did also inform me that a Deluxe room, which is their lead in prices, only go up as far as floor 7. Executive / Club room are higher floors with club room access are from 7 to 10 then the top floors are the suites.

Our room was perfect to watch the moon shining on the sea. Beautiful in the evening when the Centara had their lights on and there was a full moon. Promised myself that I would see a sunrise, but that didn’t happen.

We were bed and breakfast and it was ample. The buffet had enough to keep you going and you could take your pick from fruits, breads, eggs, curries, sushi etc etc. Something to suit everyone. Tea/coffee was served to your table, and you helped yourself to the large spread of food.

The only other meal we ate in the hotel was lunch at the poolside one day (just because we were too lazy to get up!). We had 1 portion of chips and 1 mixed satay kebabs which cost 650 baht! (approx £13) Even worse was the 2 ice cream tubs and 1 small bottle of water we got – cost of £9.80!!!!!!! That’s ridiculous! The hotel were offering ‘specials’ for evening dinner. On the 28th of each month they do a special night with drinks and food but the cost was just too expensive! They did cocktail specials each evening for 120 baht (£2.60) but most bars sold them for less than 100.

We ate out locally (see Hua Hin reviews) and found the food to be great value and excellent quality.

Staff
Every member of staff we encountered was friendly, helpful and always smiling.

Location
Great location for ease of access to beach, town centre and food/drink.

Would I stay in the Hilton again, yes if the price was the same (we got a bargain this time), but to be honest there are probably better rooms in other hotels. For me, the fact that’s its on the beach sold it.

By the way, the beach is great. If you want snorkeling & crystal blue water go to the Caribbean or somewhere else. If you love warm water & sand you will love it. Just be careful of the rocks.

Room Tip: We preferred the Centara/Beach side as it was quieter than overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
gurgaon
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This was my first visit to the Hilton Hua Hin. Excellant location. Great sea-view rooms which are spacious. The hotel has a classic feel with some refurbishments done. The hotel is pretty much self sufficient with multiple activities for the whole family. It has approach to the beach as well and a very nice pool. The buffet is okay with not too much variety for vegetarians, but I guess that's the situation for almost all international resorts. The location is great with many pizzerias, restaurants, pubs etc. sorrounding the hotel. Convenience stores are stone's throw away. Live band in the night in one of the restaurants. The only negative I can think of is no free wifi in the room. However, lobby it is free. But I guess that's a good way to be disconnected from your office worries. Overall an excellant resort for a holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bangkok
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I've been staying in the Hilton Hua Hin with family once or twice a year for the past 16 years. This hotel used to belong to the Melia group some 15 years ago when it was a shiny and very well managed place with a fabulous breakfast buffet.
Over the years, after Hilton has taken over, the hotel slowly started showing signs of age and neglect, interior not being well maintained. I share the opinion with other reviewers who found that the bath rooms in particular are in dire need for refurbishment.
Quality of breakfast has been deteriorating steadily and prices have been rising at a rapid pace. I'm still going there each year with family for nostalgic reasons and because of its great location. If not for that, I'd be looking out for alternatives.

Michael P.