“Great Position excellent Pool”

Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 141 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here for a week in April. The great advantage of this hotel is its location right in Hua Hin and an easy walk (2minutes) to the waterside restaurants. Right in the action to night markets. This means no need for taxis etc.
We paid a little extra and had a King Gulf room which was very large with a dressing room and large bathroom. (good shower) Great views of the large pool and the waterside restaurants.
The pool was excellent, plenty of poolside sun lounges, we never missed out. The pool is close to the building so its easy to get back to the room if necessary.
Breakfast was excellent with a large range of food available.
Finally the wifi is expensive BUT they provide 1 hr per day of FREE wifi in the foyer which you can access multiple times
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: King Gulf rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert_P8882014, Director of Business Development at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Warren G:

Thank you very much for the generous comments about Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. Our mission is for every guest to have a rewarding stay, and we are pleased that you enjoyed Hilton's location and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hua Hin.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Ideal location and right on the beach. Nice swimming pool. Breakfast was good with great selections. Staff were amazing and always friendly. Rooms were ok, a bit dated and nothing special. Roof top restaurant has amazing views.

Would not be returning again as we thought it was overpriced. We preferred Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas rather than Hilton Hua Hin!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Robert_P8882014, Director of Business Development at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear mbducati:

Thank you for staying with Hilton in Hua Hin. We appreciate your compliments about our staff, location, breakfast and ocean views. Your constructive criticism on areas for improvement have been noted by Management and are sincerely valued as we plan our future developments at the hotel.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel has the best position in Hui Hin built right on the beach, but still in the middle of town. The hotel lacks the "Thai " feel, but it's position over comes that. The staff are pleasant and helpful at all times although a bit slow but I would recommend it

Room Tip: It's worth being on an upgrade
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Rick E, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Marge,

Thank you for the kind overall review of the Hotel. The team and I were delighted to read you enjoyed our great central location, overall product and felt the staff were pleasant in their delivery.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hua Hin in the near future.

Warm Regards

Rick Erdos

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was in this Hilton Hua Hin last few days, and in short - it ruined my holiday.

Here are some highlights of my disappointment:
1. Poor Service
I have never been treated so badly and rudely by Hilton Hotels, not just because I am a HHonors gold member, but as a normal guest to a 5 (or 4) stars hotel.

(a) Airport Pick-up
Few days before my arrival, I arranged via email the airport pick-up with the hotel. I went to the meeting point as indicated in their confirmation email, I was not able to find anything close to "Hilton". I remember i asked somebody from Sheraton or other chains "hi, do you know where the Hilton guys are...", then somebody chatting behind jump in front of me and said "We have been waiting for you for long....!".

To me it's like "hey?! is that my problem to keep you waiting?". And to be honest, I had reasonable clearance time from the immigration, luggage and customs, and I was expecting something warmer to start my holiday!

Ok fine. I tried to keep my mood up (it's an holiday after all!). After settling into the limousine, the driver told us that it will take around 4 hours to go to the hotel..... "what?!! FOUR hours?!" (from Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin). When i read their website it says 2.5 hours. giving some buffer is understandable, but 60% buffer is too frightening!
(At the end it took us 2.5 hours sharp to the hotel)

(b) Check-in
Since it's the hotel picking us up, I was expecting a 1-sec check-in to the room. However, the room was not yet ready! We arrived around 2:15pm, and the check-in staff said our room would be ready by 3:50pm. I was really angry at that time, but I tried to control myself... as at that moment, I realize that their level of English is very poor. Getting angry would not hurt them but ruin my mood further, so I went for lunch to kill the 1h35m.

(c) Room
We were offered a so-called "Club Room", as I am a HH Gold thing and I did the eStandby upgrade to Executive room, so I was expecting I get all the benefits I could get in other Hiltons. The room is bigger than regular rooms, but the decoration is very old and tired. I can live with old infrastructure/design... as long as it is clean.

During happy-hour time, I went to lounge as always, but then I found I was not granted the access. I thought it's just a manual error, so I talked to the reception. The answer I got is because my room is a Club Room but not Executive Room, so I am not entitled to the access to the lounge! I reminded them this is the first time in my visits to more than 20 Hiltons, and I suggested them to check. The reception staff asked the Duty Manager to talk to me, I repeated the story, and I even showed them Hilton's website showing the benefits of HH Gold.... and her answer is "Yes, this is only when Executive Lounge is available. the lounge here is a Resort Lounge". Unbelievable! I gave up talking to her due to her limited language ability in English. I expressed my last line "I am very disappointed and that's it.". And "of course", she stood up and left before we moved!

(d) Miscellaneous - Smileless resort
It is hard to find a 5-star resort/hotel that from driver to reception, to pool staff to waiter/waitress, that they do not smile at all! Trust me, it can give a huge difference! (with welcoming staff, all negatives on old rooms, limited facilities, etc, would be eased).

(e) Miscellaneous - F1 driver
On our way leaving Hua Hin to Bangkok, I thought I was in a grandprix race. I am grateful that I am alive and could type this review still. (Very dangerous driving!)

(f) Miscellaneous - staff ready to fight
I even saw a pool staff was ready to fight with a customer. A real fight but not a game. How is it possible?!

2. Very noisy from 1 to 4am
In day time, it is a peaceful neighbourhood. But in small hours in the morning when I was in bed, with my ears in my pillow, I could hear "boom... boomboom. boom... boomboom." continuously from 1ish to 4ish am. This is very annoying to holiday goers if sleeping becomes difficult!.

3. Old, very old
My room old, especially the toilet. There is no ventilation in the toilet of my room.

Some limited positives of this hotel:
1. Nice seats in pool area
2. No boundary with the beach
3. Good sunshine in sunbathing area

Enough said. Final remark - I will never go back to this hotel again, and anyone who is planning for Hua Hin, I will suggest them to cross Hilton out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank ooppppps
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great location but very old interior, old room furniture and uncomfortable bed. (no spring mattress) Breakfast for a international 5-star hotel should be much better. Big let down in-room internet wifi not free compare to many other hotel in Thailand.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Williamkm L:

Thank you for your candid comments. Our Management Team is reviewing all feedback, as we work towards continuous improvement of all aspects of the guest experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Old, unclean condition of bedroom. Poor service, terrible breakfast experience (i.e few clean glasses with lipstick marks, few cockroaches died on the floor), nothing much to accommodate kids apart from high-chair Oh, slippers not provided in bedroom but available upon request. Also, not sure how long since last time the balcony was being washed. Dirty and dusted. The only nice thing is location and its private beach. I always love Hilton brand, but this hotel has ruined reputation in all aspects.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Parichat P:

Thank you for your candid comments. We are sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. The Management team has been advised of all your comments as we work toward continued improvement of all aspects of the guest experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

booked seaview room, overlooking the pool and ocean. Close to everything. the most impressive thing is the swimming pool. very clean and large. had many rides on the water slide. reception service can be improved. while other guests had cool hand towels and ice tea at check-in, we had nothing. i cant help to think the differential treatment is racial. we were the only asians among the check-in guests. apart from check-in, it was all five star.

Room Tip: request the seaview room, otherwise you will face the town.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends