“Well done Hilton and Travel Bag”

Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 137 Hotels in Hua Hin
Wales, UK
“Well done Hilton and Travel Bag”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

The Hilton looked after us very well, and the club floor facilities were the iceing on the cake. Good location, rooms, breakfast and the White Lotus was special (shame more people do not use it).

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Excellent location.
Nice steak restaurant.
No free Wi-fi!
Lobby and ground floor indoor restaurants full of mosquitoes!
Quite expensive for what it is (3.5-4 star hotel).
Nice views over Gulf if on higher floors.
Good breakfast buffet including cooked to order.
Pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank YEF_OT
UK
Reviewed 15 September 2009

Afer reading some of the other reviews I am beginning to think I stayed at a different hotel. Unfortunately no free upgrade- though they did try the hard sell to get us to upgrade to a suite when checking in. There was really no need when we were shown our cool, clean and spacious room. We loved the dark wood floors and surroundings that gave the surroundings an elevated elegance.. We had a fantastic view than spanned both the beach and Hua Hin itself.

And the breakfast buffet was unbelievable. I was still discovering new area's of it on the 3rd day. Indian, thai, chinese, japanese, western... you name it, they had it and I ate it!

We also never had a problem getting a lounger by the pool. There was still ample choice by the time we meandered out after 11am every day. I wouldnt pay 250 baht for a cocktail but with BOGOF during happy hour it seemed almost rude not to have one, or three. I was conditioned like Pavlov's dog to the bell that announced happy hour, by the end of the stay.

I would like to see free internet offered as to me it seems a very basic offering for a 4-5 star hotel.

Outside of the hotel Hua Hin didnt really enthrall or inspire me. It didnt help that every bar near the hotel was filled with young thai girls and much older western gentlemen, so my partner and I preferred not to go in. I wonder what these men would say to their children/grand children/ great grand children if they knew.....

I loved the markets though. A smile and a no thank you was enough for stall holders to leave you alone. And when you did want to look they were happy to help or just let you browse. for the more adventurous there is every conceivable kind of meat handily skewered on a stick for just a few baht. Me- i was happy with the chocolate and banana crepes that melted in your mouth.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Weeble_Wobbles
Samutprakarn
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Right in the crowded area and not too far from the night walking street. Enjoyed the italian and seafood restaurant nearby and the popular ice cream shop near the police station. Great facilities.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 September 2009

This hotel is a poor imitation of a Hilton. The grand lobby is pleasant and the location is good for shops and restaurants. However the nice part of the beach starts 500m away.

I stayed in the standard room. Although they are spacious, they are sparsely furnished - not even a picture on the wall. The balcony with a view of the bay makes up for this. They have small televisions with the worst selection of channels I think I have ever seen in a hotel of this standard. The bathrooms are okay but could do with a makeover.

I can confirm other reviewers' concerns with pests in the hotel. Although my room didn't have the small ants others have seen, it did have a large cockroach - there was also one in the corridor near the lifts.

Breakfast was okay but the hotel is so large and numbers so great that you felt processed and packaged. Beware of the taxi desk in the lobby which is staffed by the usual shady characters. They had the cheek to try to charge me nearly 6,000 Baht for a car to Bangkok! I strolled across the road and got one for about a quarter of what they were asking.

There are other much nicer options in Hua Hin. I'd take my custom elsewhere when I return to Hua Hin.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I am a Diamond member in the Hilton Honors program & booked two regular rooms for 2 nights. Upon check-in I was advised both rooms had been upgraded to the Executive Floor & one room was a Jr Suite.

Needless to say the suite was first class & the other Executive room was also great. No problems with the rooms & the view from the 25th floor is spectacular.

The service from check-in to check-out in the hotel was good & the hotel even supplied a complimentary birthday cake for my son (who was celebrating his 32nd birthday).

We checked out the breakfast in the Executive Lounge but decided to have breakfast in the main ground floor restaurant (we booked the bed & breakfast special). The food selection & quality was very good (much better than the Bangkok Hilton).

Each night they have “Happy Hour” in the Executive Lounge & it’s a good place to have a few drinks before hitting the night life in the town center. There are many nice restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. On our first night we had dinner in Brasserie de Paris (next to the pier) & I highly recommend it (try the stuffed crab).

The 2nd night we had dinner in the Hilton Chinese restaurant that is on the top floor of the hotel. The food was excellent but it is expensive (approx $110 for three people including drinks).

My wife tried the spa in the hotel & she advised it is better than the Hilton Phuket. My son & I went to different massage places in town & had good Thai massages for 300-600 bht.

This Hilton resort is great & I recommend it for the good rooms, meals & service with an excellent location in the downtown area (you can walk every where).

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank Superbuyer
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I wish I could give a 3.5 stars out of 5 due to a big pet hate of mine at The Hilton, Hua Hin.....NO FREE WI-FI!!!
This really is a service that should be mandatory in a hotel of this calibre and it really should be addressed.
Although in fairness to The Hilton in my research there is not a lot, if any, hotels in Hua Hin that has free Wi-Fi. Still a negative though...

Anyway, we got to Hua Hin after a not too bad 2 1/2 hour drive from BKK. The Hilton is situated on a narrow side street of restaurants and shops and has an impressive foyer. We were upgraded to a Club Room on the 16th floor. This gave us access to the 17th floor club lounge for breakfast and free cocktails every day from 6-8:30. Which was nice!
The hostesses were friendly but not overbearing. The one free computer for internet access was not enough for the use it was getting.

The swimming pool is lovely and big and we didn't, like others, have issues with getting a lounger any day. The food at the pool bar is very nice also.
We ate at The Market one night and the food was good, they accommodated us with a vegetarian rice dish.

The room was good. Size wise we have stayed in basic rooms that would have been the same size. The balcony gave us a good view. The bed was big and comfortable. TV channels were limited but adequate. Bathroom had a nice bath a good shower (but with a not working lovely big rain-head shower, had to make do with regular shower head fitted).
The one down side with the room was a population of ants that would appear now and again. We would find one or two in the bed or on the bedside table and one day there was a nice big line of ants from the toilet to under the sink. They disappeared after that although it seems to be an issue as there were plenty on the 17th floor lounge too. Time for extermination Hilton management!

The beach outside is pleasant enough to walk along once you turn right from the hotel. Dodging horses and horse..droppings was constant though! We didn't try any of the beach side eateries.

The area around the hotel is teeming with bars and restaurants and you can't go far without finding a nice place to get a drink or snack. Perfect location. I would stay here or try the Sofitel next door if I was going back to Hua Hin again.

Overall we had a very relaxing and low key stay at the Hilton which is exactly what we wanted. Maybe it would have been a 3 if we weren't upgraded!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple