upon seeing the hotel entrance right in the touristic town centre and entering the lobby i already knew i was in for a complete let-down. not only is the hotel a monstrous, hideous eye-sore from the outside, the inside is even worse! loud music - that i can at best describe as cheesy - was blaring from loudspeakers at the restaurant reservation counter (see photo). overall the lobby looks messy, the decor is worn and dated and this didn’t forebode well. no executive upgrade for gold members, but at least they offered free internet instead.
deluxe rooms: the decor is outdated, and everything, like the rest of the hotel, has a worn and even grubby look to it. the bed is visibly worn down and thus not very comfortable. bathroom has the usual amenities, but i was not sure about the cleanliness as you could see marks of glass rims and odd-looking smears everywhere. the tv, aircon and other appliances are old and beyond today’s standards. air con and fridge make a noise worthy of an airport.
pool area: luckily i was up early so i still got a sunbed in the sunny area (due to the monstrous size of the hotel most places around the pool stay in the shade). disco was to continue here: loud music blaring from the pool bar that you could only escape by using an ipod and at least have your own choice of music... overall the pool area is overcrowded and loud - not a pleasant experience at all.
the name ‘hilton resort and spa’ is totally misleading, as it conjures up an entirely different sort of expectation level. that will teach me not to trust the hilton brand next time but to check trip advisor before booking! to be clear: there is absolutely nothing nice let alone classy about this hotel and it does not live up to hilton standards. this hotel should not be part of the brand!
considering the rate i paid, i must rate this hotel terrible, not even poor.
overall a very disappointing experience and i was happy to flee to the sofitel next door after 2 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the center of Hua Hin, the Hilton Hua Hin Resort and Spa hotel provides the perfect combination of bustling urban life and relaxed seaside living. Every guest room offers panoramic views over the Gulf of Thailand from your private balcony. Escape from the stresses of everyday life when lie back on a sun lounger, sip a tropical cocktail from the pool bar and bask under cloudless skies. Keep active with a swim in the pool, a game of tennis or squash or a workout in the fitness center.Refuel with a trip to one of the resort’s ten bars and restaurants. Choose from fresh local seafood, outdoor fine dining, live music and cocktails or award winning Chinese cuisine.Stay connected from the comfort of your Thai-influenced guestroom thanks to WiFi. With five flexible meeting and function rooms this resort is an ideal venue for a Hua Hin meeting, conference or celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Destinology, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Hilton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Hua Hin Hilton