We had booked to go to Bangkok in early 2010 and had to re-evaluate, after the civil unrest. We love Thailand and didnt want to go anywhere else, but with an 8 month old baby, we wanted to feel safer. For this reason, we choose Hua Hin and it was our first time there.
We had a great experience with the Hilton in Bangkok and for this reason we chose the Hilton in Hua Hin.
Upon arrival, we were wrapped with the location. The Hilton is right in the middle of everything - close to restaurants, close to the seafood pier restaurants and only a short and very cheap tuk tuk to the shopping centre (which is where we would take ourselves for a few hours - if the heat was too much for our little boy and we had spent enough time at the pool).
We stayed in the gulf room, which was a great size for us with a cot. Great views of the beach too. The rooms are a little tired compared to the Hilton in Bangkok, but still modern.
The food and beverages were top shelf. Breakfast is huge - so many choices - Amercian, European and Asian breakfasts. We couldnt fault it. We ate in the Restaurant overlooking the beach one night (cant remember its name!) and it was a little pricey - certainly not expensive compared to Australia - but pricey in Thai standards. Food at lunch (at the pool) was always of a very high standard.
Pool area is superb - it has everything you need. We did have problems with the lounges though - people go down very early in the morning and leave their towels and then go on day trips! Although this is against the Hilton policy, we never saw any staff remove these towels, to make room for the people who come down and want to use them. I think the Hilton should get their act together in this regard.
Otherwise, the service was impeccable for us. I must say, the Thais everywhere are just completely different if you have a little baby - they just love babies! It was a real joy to experience. The two Hilton hostesses - Jutamas and I cant remember the other ladies name - absolutely outstanding (I will post a photo of them). Always coming over and making our son smile! One night we went to the piano bar for a quiet drink before dinner and to try and put our son to sleep in the pram and one of the staff took the pram off us and walked around the bar with him, and put him to sleep! I couldnt fault the service.
We would highly recommend this hotel in Hua Hin and would definetely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the center of Hua Hin, the Hilton Hua Hin Resort and Spa hotel provides the perfect combination of bustling urban life and relaxed seaside living. Every guest room offers panoramic views over the Gulf of Thailand from your private balcony. Escape from the stresses of everyday life when lie back on a sun lounger, sip a tropical cocktail from the pool bar and bask under cloudless skies. Keep active with a swim in the pool, a game of tennis or squash or a workout in the fitness center.Refuel with a trip to one of the resort’s ten bars and restaurants. Choose from fresh local seafood, outdoor fine dining, live music and cocktails or award winning Chinese cuisine.Stay connected from the comfort of your Thai-influenced guestroom thanks to WiFi. With five flexible meeting and function rooms this resort is an ideal venue for a Hua Hin meeting, conference or celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hilton EMEA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Hilton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Hua Hin Hilton