“Excellant in every department”
Review of The Dutchman Hua Hin - CLOSED

The Dutchman Hua Hin
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I have dined at the Dutchman on a few occasions , And found the food to delicious, and at very reasonable price. Also there is a very comfortable atmosphere about the place , With polite and efficient staff

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I tried a couple of dishes here and they did not hit it off for me, it is very cheap but I just did not like the quality on the day I went. Will try it again as other reviews suggest otherwise

Reviewed 24 August 2012

The Dutchman is a nice middle class Simple restaurant, service is well. Quality is more than ok. Prices very affordable. Do not expect fancy dishes, we as typical Duch went for the kroket. the Dutch national dish (some non Dutch people say, typical Dutch, its the nicest way to pack a limited amount of meat in a very tasty way). If you are a non Dutch person give it a try, it will not disappoint you.

Quality was perfect. For the connonseurs beter as a van Dobben. Bread was vey nice as the mustard. We guess that the other dishes, looking to the quality from our dish is above averag but we can not judge. If you like to see the charmes of Thai trafic sit outside at the front, else sit around the corner or inside.

If you are with the car you can park opposide of the restaurant else take a taxi or tuk tuk to the railway station (everybody knows and it is a must see anyhow (architectural etc.)). The restaurant is on the opposide of the station to the left, just a few minutes walk. Look for the orange national color of the Netherlands (chairs and lamps)

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I read about the Dutchman in a local newspaper. Walking into the place I was pleasantly surprised. Lighting was nice and therefore much better than most restaurants in Thailand. They are not exactly a fan of dimmed light in this country so that is a big plus. A candle on our table made the atmosphere complete.
Looking at the menu there was a wide selection of European food. I was surprised by courses as a filet mignon or stroganoff steak.
I went for the chicken quatro as I read online this is one of their best courses. To explain, this is chicken filled with, I think, some bacon or ham, cheese and spinach. The course had some cream sauce and mashed potatoes with it and I have to say it was delicious.
They have put a Dutch tint into the mashed potatoes by mixing it with what I think was white cabbage. I thought it was nice but I can imagine, this has to do with taste.
Overall we had a good time at the Dutchman, the food was very good and prices are very cheap especially for the quality of food you get.
I will be back!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have been living in Hua Hin for eight years and have tried most of the restaurants. I've been to the Dutchman twice in the last week and it has rapidly moved to the top of my list as best restaurant in it's price range. The food and service are both exceptional and the dishes as presented look and taste like they come from a much more expensive restaurant. Their daily specials always look good and it appears that they change every day of the month. Their Chicken Quatro is simply the best chicken dish I've ever had at any price!

I highly recommend The Dutchman and know that I will be there at least once a week from now on.