“Disappointing”

Lotus Villas & Resort Hua HIn
Ranked #119 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 5 April 2014

First impression was already bad when we were told all 3 bedroom villa were full but that was what we have booked earlier. They managed to get a room a distance away the main area , across the road.. While checking out the area, to my horror there was a dead rat in the bottom of the private swimming pool. While asking to change to another villa, two staff came with their net to scoop out the dead rat.. Even though we had changed to another villa closer to the main area, it still didn't meet the basic expectations. The main door lock was faulty ( we could only lock our individual bedroom) and one of the WC couldnt be flushed. The staff were generally very friendly but is a pity the resort wasn't properly maintained.

Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank Feliceyong
Jonasglud, General Manager at Lotus Villas & Resort Hua HIn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We try to accommodate all of our guests’ needs in order for them to fully enjoy their stay with us, thus I am delighted to hear our property and staff fulfilled your traveling necessities. We are now maintain our facilities and décor for all our guest Villas and public areas. I am also glad to see you recognize the staff efforts to make you welcome on arrival.

Thank you again, for staying at Black Lotus Resort & Spa; I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me and my friends stayed in 2 bed room type, it really nice big space for every one very privacy and peach full. Service was great. But my friend complain bed jut too soft and floor is slippery. Location quite far from beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in TripAdvisor,

I would like to thank you also for choosing Black Lotus Resort & Spa in Hua Hin. I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the resort’s vicinity as well as the resort facilities, accommodation and the service we provide throughout the resort.

Our Resort is only 2 years old and we are still building new private villas, pools, Beach, Mini golf, Tennis court to fulfill our guest demands at all time. We working hard to maintain our facilities and décor for all our guest Villas and public areas. I am also glad to see you recognize the staff efforts to make you welcome on arrival.

We just open up for our High Speed Internet free of charge true out the resort.

We also just open our new Sawan Spa, please tell me if you are coming back & i will give you a massage on my behalf .

I look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stay in 3bedroom villa with my family and children we arrive early upon arriving we ask for our villa then the front desk staff she doesnt understand me she just smile and left me for about a minute,and 1 staff talk to me and told that the villa we reserve is not yet clean they told us 10mins more but sad to say we wait for almost an hour then we decide to eat at the restaurant upon serving the soda i accidntally see the bottom can it was already expire it was really bad experience for us and waitress name Jum she even didnt ask for sorry ur claiming it was 5 luxurious star hotel if ur staff is like that,but atleast when we came to our villa it was nice and relaxable,but promise i will not come back again here,it was really bad experience for us and too much far from everything soory to say but it is true.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kate P
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I traveled with my family. It's hard to get here because the road is in progress during our trip. We tried to find the sign of the hotel but there was a few sign unattended. The service is great. The staffs gave us warm welcome. The pool villa has a lot of space with big pool. We took a look the bed room and the bath room and found the jacuzzi with the stain and dirt. It should be clean before the guests check-in. The worst thing is all sanitary wares already got rust such as shower handle. etc. I hate this kind of thing like this. It would be great if the owner change all to new to be value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EmilyPloii
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the 2B pool villa on 23-26 Jan. It locates a bit far from the Market Village but you can take advantage of their free shuttle bus. The staff are nice and helpful. We like the pool but be careful of the slippery floor when you come up after swimming!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonasglud, General Manager at Lotus Villas & Resort Hua HIn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed tour stay in your private pool villa , resort facilities and the location .
I am also sure my colleagues from the F&B departments will be very happy to read your kind comments in regard to the quality of cuisine,
service and value for money you have experienced in our bars and restaurant.

We just open our new Sawan Spa & Min Mart, i hope i get the chance to welcome you back again!

Very best regards

Reviewed 23 January 2014

From the web page, the hotel looks great but… we had problems with all the showers in every room, problems with the toilet and the cleaning was just ok, if they came at all. The hotel did not have a SPA, it was not finished. But it said nothing about that on the webpage. Nice employees, was the best thing about the hotel. Restaurant had good food.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stine F
Jonasglud, General Manager at Lotus Villas & Resort Hua HIn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Stine,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our Resort. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided.

Now our Spa & Mini mArt in open and in service.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests. Please send me and email gm@blacklotus.asia so i can help you.

We try to accommodate all of our guests’ needs in order for them to fully enjoy their stay with us, thus I am delighted to hear our property and staff fulfilled your traveling necessities. Our Resort is very new and we are still building new Villas, Pools, Beach, Mini golf, Waterslide to fulfill our guest demands at all time. We maintain our facilities and décor for all our guest Villas and public areas. I am also glad to see you recognize the staff efforts to make you welcome on arrival.

Thank you again, for staying at ; I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Arriving you feel you are somewhere special, and that is in-fact the case. Delightfully casual at check-in, felt more like an old friend than a guest. Room was fantastic, food and drink excellent. Was there in the middle of the high season and still the resort was nice and quiet, with ample places buy the pool and lounge chairs / cabanas. In fact mostly we had the pool to ourselves. A lovely romantic place for a couple away from the noise and traffic. Shuttle service to Hua Hin works well, only thing I could see as an improvement would be a late shuttle run at say 11pm or so. Other than that, Black Lotus is perfect and highly recommended.

Room Tip: It's all good !
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ford_Fairtlane
Jonasglud, General Manager at Lotus Villas & Resort Hua HIn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at Black Lotus Resort & Spa .

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; it is a pleasure to host you during your time in Hua Hin. I’m happy to hear our team exceeded your expectations. If I can assist you with anything, please contact me at gm@blacklotus.asia

We try to accommodate all of our guests’ needs in order for them to fully enjoy their stay with us, thus I am delighted to hear our property and staff fulfilled your traveling necessities. Our Resort is only 3 years old and we are still building new Villas, Pools, Beach, Mini golf, Waterslide to fulfill our guest demands at all time. We maintain our facilities and décor for all our guest Villas and public areas. I am also glad to see you recognize the staff efforts to make you welcome on arrival.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!