“Comfort resort”
Review of GUTI Resort by AKA

GUTI Resort by AKA
Ranked #78 of 142 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We did enjoy lots in Aka Guti of 5 days. Facility n services are good n not far to hua hin city centre. It's a cozy place to stay and relaxed. Will come back again for next trip. In overall opinions, it's better resort than other global chain hotel if u really need private n calm holidays.

Room Tip: Pick up 2 bed rooms with swimming pool if it's a family trip. Will be fun n great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Tsao E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property AKA Guti as for your precious comments following your recent stay with us.

Happy to read that overall your experience was pleasant and enjoyable.
You seem to have found the rest needed and could rejuvenate within our natural peaceful surroundings.
AKA Guti is certainly unique as for its quietness, privacy and cozy comfort.
I will of course as for all reviews address it to all concerned, i am glad to read you found our facilities and services of a good level.

Looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit and stay at AKA Guti.

Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy New Year 2014 all the very best!

There are newer reviews for GUTI Resort by AKA

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My 2 friends and I went there last weekend , and we started with very warm welcome from the resort. The resort is very quite and nice natural surrounding, it seem that we stay in the tree jungle not in concrete jungle anymore.

After we arrived the resort, they welcome us with welcome drink and cookie then they took us to the room with golf car. The room is stand-alone from each other and We had stayed one night at the one bedroom villa pool. The room is clean and big for 3 persons. There are living room and one bed room with indoor and outdoor shower room separated. The pool is stayed outside, but we can reach the pool from the bedroom as well. There are also the terrace outside to relax and chill with the nice weather in this season. It's unfortunate, it didn't have loudspeaker or other devices that can connect with ipod so we can't enjoy with chilling music in the room.

For the room service, i think it should be improved a little bit because after we went out the resort at evening and come back at night. Dishes and glasses what we had earlier still be the same not washed.

Anyway,we got a very good sleep at the night.

For breakfast, menu is a la carte. The food service is quite slow, we spent for more 1 hour to finish and I think it's too much.

Totally, the resort is great and nice to spend time at the resort.

• Stayed: December 2013
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Eibbietood,

Thank you for your time in reviewing AKA Guti following your recent stay with us.
Reading thoroughly your constructive comments and feedbacks I am glad to see you have appreciated the natural surrounding and peacefulness we offer.
My apologies in regards of the room service lack of attention to details as for the non clearing of your precedent meal, I will ensure this is communicated to departments in charge accordingly.
This to ensure of course that it does not happen again and that standards are being followed through out.
I am concerned reading that your breakfast took so long to be served and will inquire further on this matter.

Thank you very much once again for these constructive and straight forward feedbacks which we will make sure to get improved as for the consistency and quality of our service.

We are looking forward to welcome you on your next visit to AKA Guti.

Wishing you an Happy New Year 2013! All the very best.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

It' s a best resort in my mind . Very good air ,food delicious and very best pool villa.The staff have service mind and very friendly.I think I will come back here again. Thank you for building AKA Guti Resort . It's resort in my dream.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank NooNid

Sawasdee Krab!

Dear Noo Nid,

Thank you for your time in reviewing AKA Guti with such enthusiasm.
I will make sure as for all guests comments and feedbacks that it is addressed to all concerned.
Glad to see that our team have been welcoming and helpful with a true approachable service mind. As for the quality of our food provide by our Executive Chef.
AKA Guti certainly is a Unique and very special place

We are looking forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Wishing you an Happy New Year 2014 all the very best!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My friend and I stayed at AKA Resort Guti on our weekend and we really enjoyed it there.

The staffs are very welcoming and friendly. One of the front desk staffs came to our car to help us with the luggage right away when we parked. The check-in process was quick. All smiles from every staffs until we got into our room.

We booked a one bedroom deluxe pool villa which was spacious. The deck and pool terrace had an amazing view of the fields and a little pond with lotuses. We stayed there for the rest of the evening enjoying the view and the complimentary minibar (2 cans of beer, 2 packs of kitkat, a pack of Lays and there’s also a 300 ml. bottle of Thai rum which we kept it for the night).

Breakfast was very good, especially the pastries and their homemade banana and strawberry jam (wish I could bring them home!). The waitresses are friendly as well as the Chef that came out and talked to the guests which we found that very caring.

Late that morning we went cycling with the resort’s bicycles around the area. There’re not many cars around so it’s pretty safe. After a good ride, we showered, changed and jumped into the resort massive infinity pool which was perfect for lap swimming. The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing by the pool with another greenery view.

If you’re looking for a tranquil place to enjoy some quiet time not too far from Bangkok, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KT J
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear KT J,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks on your recent stay with us at AKA Guti.
We certainly appreciate that you did take the time to review our property as for sharing your experience.
Has per my previous responses it is nice to read as a New Management that some of our new direction implementation are starting to be noticed. The entire team is working hard to overcome a very long period of lethargy accumulating very negative feedbacks.
Smiles are coming back and service mind as well.
Glad to see that our Chef and Service Team left you a great impression.

It is a long process though step by step we will continue in our quest of constant improvements.

We are looking forward to your next visit at AKA Guti.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stay at AKA Guti with my best friend, we really enjoyed your holiday there because very quiet then perfect for us to getaway from busy town especially, our infinity pool because it's stunning hillside view but we also have our private pool at our villa. Imagine when you swim with natural surroundings. In the morning, we walk through infinity pool for have breakfast, it's so stunning view during our walking...could not resist to take a lot of pictures with great memorable morning. Our breakfast was fresh, superb quality of bread and Guti bake every day. After breakfast, I went out for cycling around Guti, very natural and fresh air even during my late morning.

By the way, I really love ELLE amenities such as shampoo, condition, shower gel that resort provided to all villas. I heard from staff that only AKA Guti use in Thailand (I'm so lucky and very in love with this products..really great quality!)

Two thumbs up with great service by staff especially Khun Pui from Front Office...really helpful during my stay at AKA Guti!

I will be back definitely and thank you very much for my wonderful holiday even too short for my stay but I pretty sure next visit I will stay longer and would love to try AKA Resort & Spa too.

Room Tip: if you big fan of beach then so sorry but this place worth for your weekend/holiday getaway from bus...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Nok_Sukitra

Thank you very much for your review as for your time to do so.
Reading through your feedbacks and comments you have truly discovered and understood the real sense of AKA Guti Resort as an heaven of tranquility, quietness to rejuvenate and find inner peace.
The original concept has always been as you describe it a step back closer to nature simplicity and humility away from city stressful life.
This is the luxury we are aiming to provide.

You are correct we do produce in house and bake daily our breads and croissants.

Reading through previous reviews i see that there have been a certain misperception of our Resort concept in terms of Luxury.

Indeed AKA Guti Resort is the first resort in Thailand officially providing ELLE Spa's new amenities.

I will be sharing with our team your enthusiasm and positive feedbacks especially to Khun Pui whom has been a loyal team member since the opening of the property.

We are looking forward to your next visit at AKA Resorts and Spa.

Thank you again for your feedbacks.

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

The resort is located on a quiet hillside with nice views of mountains, and dedicated service. But for me it did not appeal as a five star resort standard as expected through its price and their website. I also couldnt believe this resort as part of SLH.

We stayed at the 1 bedroom villa over our short break and we already noticed some faults within the villa. Although the pool area is nice and clean, the wooden doors are already wearing off in terms of colours and paint jobs. As far as I know, this resort has only been constructed recently. For the worse, one of the door handles to the pool was non existent so we couldnt even open the door on one side. This is not in big inconvenience but it is frustrating to brand this resort five star when they cant even maintain a door handle.. The mini draw by the wall in the bedroom area is made out of low cost wood, and it's already hanging loose by the wall (yes, it will fall off eventually..). Some other wooden stuff are partly damaged by termites so you could see wholes in them - not so common for 5 star quality. The bathroom is nice for in door shower but with the outdoor one I think they couldve made the tub larger to make it more spacious. The television.. there were random red dots in the screen which was very distracting.

On the service, staff were attentive and nice which I had no problem with. They did their best. The breakfast offered a lot of Western and Thai choices but the quality of the food was appalling for a so called 5 star resort. I had the egg benedict and all I could really taste was lime - the egg benedict was extremely sour. What is this... I was so relieved not dine at the resort in any other meal time. We also received a letter to our villa, informing that we will "checkout tomorrow" while we still have another night to stay there. This just makes it simply a 3 star resort pretending to be 5 star.

With faulty construction, bad television, disappointing food and bad management. I dont think its the right place for people looking for five star resort around Hua Hin. Self acclaimed five star resort really sounds like a scam. My opinion - definitely not going to bother coming back.

Stayed: November 2013
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Jumpingjack_90,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
Your constructive comments have been addressed to all concerned in order for us to turn around where we fell short.
We appreciate to see your positive feedbacks on our service team.
TV signal has been fixed as for ongoing repairs in villas which you might have observed during your stay.
We certainly would have appreciated your feedbacks and concerns to be addressed directly to us during your stay, so that necessary arrangements and improvement could have been done immediately in order for us to provide you an enjoyable experience.
It is of course always easy to bring such afterwards rather than address it directly to the management...

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2013

A very nice relaxing, quiet resort with beautiful views. But five star... No.

My wife and I had a very nice three day stay here. The overall impression was good. But, this is definitely not a 5 star resort. The standard of the interior left a lot to be desired, with no decent arm chairs to sit in, only loungers. As one other person commented. the place had been decorated with total lack of care and was finished well below an acceptable standard. The bathroom is rustic to say least. With what looked like a painted terracotta pot for a washbasin The food in the restaurant was below the standard you would expect for 5 star resort. There is a complementary Nespresso machine in the room, However, if you require more than the allocated number of capsules you will be charged more.

In summary a very nice place but the management need to pay more attention to detail and take away at least one star from their self acclaimed status.

Room Tip: A very nice place but the management need to pay more attention to detail and take away at least one...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John N
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear John N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property AKA Guti as for your constructive feedbacks.
Looking in the precedents reviews prior our arrival I am glad to say that we are working hard on the various issues and short comings many have experienced and that constant improvements and attention to details are being effective the past two months.
As for the Star rating this is not a self acclaimed status as one may think.

AKA Guti opened as a true five star property certainly faced issues though this is why we are back to fix what was neglected.

I am happy though that you found the place relaxing peaceful and quiet.

Thank you again for your very constructive feedbacks which we do use for the improvements needed.

Looking forward to welcome you back.