“Amazing resort in Hua Hin”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of GUTI Resort by AKA

GUTI Resort by AKA
Ranked #88 of 134 Hotels in Hua Hin
“Amazing resort in Hua Hin”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were there in January 2014 and found the place was so relax and peaceful, the simple yet stylist and elegant design made the place so nice and comfortable. The GM Cyrille welcomed us and we have seen him during lunch and dinner talking to other guests. A very passionate person and he has a warm hospitality and works very hard because I have seen him from morning until evening. I have traveled a lot and I love food and GUTI provides excellent cuisine. We felt that the resort needs an upgrading and that should be just perfect. This resort is suitable for those who love to relax and enjoy the peaceful stay I would recommend. Overall staff are friendly and helpful. We will come back again soon when we need to recharge our battery from hard working.

• Stayed January 2014
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Dallascow,

It was a pleasure meeting you during your last stay with us at AKA Guti.
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
Certainly appreciate to be on your feedbacks though as discussed during your stay the most important is all about passion and how we can make a genuine positive impression.
Your compliments have certainly been shared to the team as for your appreciation of the cuisine provided by Chef.

As stated in my previous replies we are working hard to overcome and minimize our shortcomings we are step by step working on upgrading every villas in order to exceed our guests expectations. It is of course a challenge in itself to achieve so you might think, but I believe with the team we are slowly putting in place the tailored trainings we are bringing in all will definitely move to the next level.
As everything in life all takes time and the Team need to nurture steadily.

I seriously trust that Guti is something special much was there before us and the natural surroundings did not need to be created as all was there.
It does of course need to be seen as such to be fully appreciated.

We are with the Team certainly looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Once again thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedbacks and comments.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We were on our roadtrip from Krabi to Bangkok and we have planned to stop for few nights in Hua Hin. Coming from Krabi where surrounded with Andaman sea we did not need to stay at beachside resort. So as have chosen Aka Guti and it was the best of all.

We love the tranquility and peaceful of the place. The sunset view was amazing. The simplicity of the place is its charm yet comfortable with all necessary touch for what people need on their holiday.

The 2 bedroom pool villa was so comfortable and given us such a spacious space. Don't mention the villa pool, it was perfectly built and we love it so much even can't deny to jump in the pool when we were there at 18 degree temperature. The villa facilities was well prepared and comfortable. The in villa tea and coffee maker amenity as well as the daily chocolate amenity were the best.

Anyone would never imagine the main swimming pool, it was absolutely stunning with the size the location and the amazing sunset view. Our son was so sad when we were leaving he loves the swimming pool.

The restaurant and bar were very nice. Through the simplicity you can feel the warm touch of the antique decoration where not too overwhelming but just perfect. The setting and location are second to none. The food was delicious, we had breakfast there everyday and love it, great selection and delicious. Our dinner and lunch were also wonderful. We noticed the high quality of ingredients the chef has picked.

The staff are helpful and friendly. Thank you to Chef Yod who always come and say hello to us whenever we dine in the restaurant and he has given us some of his recommendation and no doubt it was delicious. The General Manager, Cyrill was amazing his warm welcome and personal touch were so special. We noticed he was always around and talked to his guests. Very charming of him.

We will without doubt return and stay at Guti again whenever our travel plan brings us back to Hua Hin and will recommend the place to our family and friends.

We would like to thank all staff and the Management for our great memorable experience at Guti.

Sawitree and family.

Stayed January 2557
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Sawitree and Family,

Not to fall into the standard automatic type of reply I will do it differently this time as I am personally impressed by your review.
I would like of course to thank you for this in taking the time to be so detailed as for your experience and stay with us at AKA Guti.

It is certainly pleasing to see such a review as General Manager especially seeing that the hard work from the entire team is being recognized and appreciated.
As expressed in my previous responses both our properties AKA Resort & Spa and AKA Guti have been suffering for a long period of time of the worst management possible and was lost there was no true understanding of what there is to enjoy when taking the time to notice your surroundings.
Reading through your constructive comments and feedbacks I am happy to see that you have plainly just done that ‘’Carpe Diem’’.

What we do have is very special it is all there and we did not have to create it the views, sunsets, the natural peacefulness and serenity one will feel when truly open to enjoy this fully.

Our main swimming pool is without a doubt the most amazing pool any resort of such a size would dream of having it is truly stunning and perfectly orientated to enjoy with greatness such horizon and views.

I am delighted to see that Chef Yot had made such an impression as for the quality of is cuisine and the ingredients used.
It is of course an happy feeling to know that the overall team proved to be friendly and helpful this is the minimum expected though not always nor everywhere the case.

On a final note thank you for your kind appreciation, I am an Hotelier at heart truly passionate in what I am doing.

I am and the entire AKA Guti Team very much looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I love this place!

My BF and I stayed there for honeymoon. The staffs were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is widely offered from Asian to International, plus, a la carte was delicious!

The villa was clean and tidy, looked simple but gave us the luxurious feeling. It is nicely decorated with infinity pool overlooking the sunset mountain range. The villas are separated from each other so we felt the private atmosphere which is the resorts concept.

They also set up bathroom amenities with the product from ELLE spa. So special!
Also, they provide capsule coffee machine and great tea set for your favorites.

Everything was perfect. We really did enjoy our trip.

Definitely will come back again!

Room Tip: All villas have the view of sunset mountain rage.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Wikkie89,

Thank you very much for your time in reviewing AKA Guti following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that your stay was very special due to the occasion of course as for your enjoyment of the Resort and Your villa.
It is very flattering when our guests notice our added new touches such as ELLE Spa’s products which we are officially the first resort in Thailand introducing the brand this since December 2013.

I am also happy to see that you found our property and your villa well appointed as for the overall atmosphere of privacy and serenity.
The views are definitely stunning especially at sunset I am very glad you could cease all the natural elements that Guti has to offer.
I will of course communicate your feedbacks and comments to the Team.
Wishing you and your husband an Happy Chinese New Year and all the very best.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Following our stay at the AKA Resorts we treated ourselves to an upgrade at Guti.
An Absolute gem of a place with stunning views, great fresh air surrounded by nature.
Very nice villas, spacious and very well appointed facing amazing sunsets.
The private infinity swimming pool was a real treat with such an open horizon ahead.

The main swimming pool is certainly one of the most impressive pool I have seen as for its length in comparison to the size of the resort it is seriously a WOW !

The overall staff was very nice slightly more professional than in AKA with a better English understanding though improvements are needed in terms of attention to details.

I have to emphasis on the great food that Guti provides from Breakfast lunch and dinner the quality of all the items we have enjoyed was really top notch, the Chef (Yot) if I recall correctly is excellent consistent and always coming out of his kitchen to control the quality of the meals he had prepared.
Both Asian and Western dishes we had during our stay were of the highest quality and very tasty.
We enjoyed having off the menu dishes cooked up from Chef which was brilliant.
The wine selection is very affordable not extensive but enough to enjoy the variety.

To close this review special thanks to the General Manager who manages both properties.
It seemed he was everywhere between both properties morning or evening charming chap determined to bring back the place to what it was and passionate about it.

You want Privacy, Nature, Peace of mind to recharge then this is the place to be and do absolutely nothing.
As one previous review rightly say there is little in physically but for your mind it is all there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Casastyles,

Thank you for your review on AKA Guti as for your feedbacks and comments
I sincerely appreciate the fact that you took the time to review both our properties in details and described what you felt during your stay with us in AKA and Guti.

Your review will certainly be shared and communicated to the Team. With a special note to Chef.
I am thrilled that Chef and his food was to your satisfaction and enjoyment even though we decided to keep it simple and humble.
This goes for the overall concept of Guti were we want to emphasis on simplicity with quality.
So for the cuisine prepared we are keeping the dishes created basic with a little twist but ensuring that these ingredients keep their true identity.
As for the wine list we will gradually give it some tenure keeping in line to provide good and affordable wines.

I will definitely agree with you in regards of the main swimming pool. It is a real WOW not only for its size but for its location with such an horizon and stunning views.

Through your reviews you have well understood what has always been the initial and original idea for both properties.
I do hope that on your next visit you will see our continuous efforts to improve and that it has been evolving accordingly.

I would like to personally thank you for your kind comments in my regard.

Both AKA Resorts teams are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

It was my marvelous stay at AKA GUTI. It's wonderful interiors, fantastic services and excellent breakfast. Every room here is pool villa surrounding by trees and natural atmosphere. I had fantastic relaxing time during my stay, it was amazing get away from my work and my busy life style in Bangkok. I would like to say " A big thank you to Mr. Jeffrey (sous chef) and AKA GUTI team who made my stay became the most memorable trip. And i would certainly visit here again.

Stayed December 2556, travelled with friends
1 Thank Smithseree S
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Smithseree S,

Guti Team would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property which we are delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us during your last visit.
The unique natural surroundings with incredible views do make Guti a special retreat to relax totally and forget for a moment stress from work and city life.
As for all comments shared I will address to all concerned and emphasis your positive impressions to Jeff our Sous Chef.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit with us.

Thailand
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Blending seamlessly into the hills just on the outskirts of Hua Hin, sits the AKA Guti Resort.
The 5 star rating comes from 'the experience' of staying at the resort rather than Hi-tech gadgets and dozens of restaurants and bars on site.
Each of the resort villas has been constructed using natural materials where possible and practical, yet still maintaining privacy, safety and comfort.
We stayed in a 2 bed villa although all villas appeared to have the same features and design, which include a private terrace facing the sun and an individual infinity pool.
Everything provided in the room was a good standard, cleaned well and included Elle toiletries and a capsule coffee maker. There was a flat screen TV with multi satellite channels and a CD/radio/MP3 player also provided.
The resort is quiet, very quiet. There is absolutely nothing in the vicinity - except nature. You can hear the birds singing in the mornings and hear - absolutely nothing in the evenings.
The resort makes you relax, you cannot help it. Try not to resist ! - you walk a little slower when walking around and find yourself winding down slowly. As the villas are quite spaced out from each other, it was not unusual to feel that you are the only guests there, however the dining room at breakfast time dispelled this thought and you do see there are others people staying at the resort.
The breakfast was a-la-carte from a limited but adequate menu and was good quality and cooked well. It catered to both European and Asian traditions.

In addition to the private pool at each villa, there is an enormous pool overlooking the surrounding hills and a small bar / lounge area where the amazing sunset can be viewed.

There is a daily activity list with various activities to learn or experience for an hour or so each time, but apart from that you must take the free shuttle bus into Hua Hin which leaves several times daily if you need more than total relaxation at your villa.

The staff were exquisite, managing to balance good service but without being patronising or overbearing. Special mention goes to the wonderful lady on the reception desk. Her smile should be bottled up and sold.

In summary, If you are tired of the brand name 5 star resorts full of pretentious people and the standard 32 sq. metre boxes - then try the Guti where, physically there is not a lot but mentally there is infinity.

Room Tip: All rooms have pool and face the surrounding hills and catch the beautiful sunsets.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 10thDragon
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Siampaul,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property AKA Guti.
Your feedbacks and comments truly demonstrate that you have fully understood, and seized the true essence as for the Experience that AKA Guti has to offer.
I am delighted to read that you have hit on the spot the star rating which Is exactly what we are working hard on providing ‘’The Experience”.
The original concept has always been to unwind, rejuvenate and take away the weighing stress from daily hyper activity.
The full enjoyment should come from the simple things that one may forget as for the natural surroundings.
Your feedbacks will of course be shared to the Team especially Khun Ni our wonderful receptionist who made such an impression with her lovely genuine smile.

I am glad that your recent stay with us has been very pleasant, relaxing and a true break away.

Thank you once again for you feedbacks.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Guti.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in 2 bed room deluxe pool villa for 2 nights with my family. We all felt very regret staying there too short. Although there is a bit far from the town but the resort provided free shuttle bus so we can also enjoy shopping in Hua Hin conveniently. All the services are excellent and give me an impressive from first contact till checkout and left. The villa is clean, cozy and spacious. There are complimentary Nespresso coffee, soft drink, 2 bottle of beer, Lays clips and Kitkat in minibar. You could stay in the resort for a whole day to enjoy relaxing moment. I appreciate the welcome fruit that was a cut pineapple but serve as a whole. Overall I rate it as 5 stars for their service and attentive arrangement.
The resort offer the choice of la carte breakfast in Guti or buffet breakfast in another AKA resort. We choose to stay in Guti for la carte breakfast both day because we all love the homemade strawberry and banana jam as well as fresh bake bread basket. Although there are not many choices in the menu but enough for us having delicious dinner in the resort, more we were served by attentive waitresses.
We love the splendid sunset view from the private infinitive pool. We really have a getaway holiday in Guti. Besides, I love the scheduled complimentary activities so much but what a pity I only attended the Thai boxing class only. We definitely will go back to AKA Guti for a longer stay in future.

Stayed December 2013
Cyrille K, General Manager at GUTI Resort by AKA, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear CCCarolCC,

Sunny greetings from AKA Guti!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property as for your constructive comments and feedbacks.
I am glad to read that you found the service provided during your stay courteous, focused and professional this from your arrival till your departure.
Your attention to details as for the complimentary mini bar to the welcome fruit amenities are an extra touch to follow our constant search of improvements.
I will of course as for all reviews communicate and address to the Team.
Our a la carte breakfast new menu will be launched very soon with nice new things and a wider offering for you to enjoy and experience on your next visit.
I am certainly thrilled that your overall stay with us was enjoyable and that you could seize and capture the true essence of what AKA Gut is and has to offer.

Once again thank you for your time and review.

Looking forward to welcome you back on your next stay with us.