“A surprise find” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wilaiwan Hua Hin
Ranked #5 of 30 Coffee & Tea in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Australia
“A surprise find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stumbled across this place as I was searching around for a coffee. A bit of a surprise but a good one as the bakery is pretty decent. The Illy coffee was good if a little slow in coming. My order for an almond croissant was completely forgotten as the army of peachy coloured polo wearing waiters seemed somewhat at sea.

The place was busy on a Sunday with largely monied local and visiting Thais.

Service aside, a good result with the excellent pastry and coffee coming in at 125 baht.

• Visited August 2014

• Thai first
Bangkok
“Hate it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

After hearing good comments about this place my friends and me we decided to give it a try.
The restaurant is very nice, the prices are high but worth it if have a nice meal, which is not the case. We order a mushroom soup, pork ribs and pizza. It was ok, except for the pizza. The taste was like plastic because there was no any tomato sauce, which we thought they forgot. After informing this to the waiter he said the pizzas are the signature dish and none of them has tomato sauce, this is never mention in the menu!!!! He said they have been open for 2 years and we should know about this and that in all this time nobody has ever complain. REALLY????!!!! We refused to eat the pizza and ask him to take it away from the table, so he proposed to pack it to take it home! This is the most stupid subjection I ever heard!!!!!What for? Will it take better if I take it home??? They never offer to change the dish or void the price of the pizza. The worst was the staff attitude, talking between them blaming us for complaining, eeeyyyyy my friends are Thai and we understand!!! Finally we finish paying 390THB for a pizza that we didn’t even eat 1 slide. The manager/owner has a big job to do concerning staff and handling complains. They should make their staff more flexible and understanding instead of giving them big ego to fight with the guest and letting them go unsatisfied. I live in Hua Hin and I’m sure I will never come back to this place!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Weinfelden, Switzerland
“Good sweets, high prices, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We wanted to buy some sweets to take home – certainly not an unusual request at a bakery. When entering, there were three guests sitting at a table and six waiters. We said what we wanted (in Thai) and a waiter had to enter this in his handheld computer. He then printed out the order and gave it to a waitress. This waitress was busy preparing the sweets for the seated guests. So it turned out that she is the only one who can take out the sweets from the display / fridge. And the only one who can answer the phone. And the only one who can operate the cash register. It took them 10 minutes to sell us some sweets over the counter. What a joke.

Wilaiwan mainly sells pastry at 125 Baht per piece. That’s the price I would pay in Switzerland but ok, it’s very good. Thaiwife liked the green tea pastry while the kids and I bought plenty of caramel custards. There is obviously someone here who knows how to make sweets.

I have my doubts if this operation is financially successful. In order to get more of my money, they would need to:
1) Streamline sales procedures (see above)
2) Offer a wider selection of goods, cookies and friandises for instance
3) Open for breakfast earlier than 9am

Visited August 2014
Bangkok
“So so food with a slobby service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I have been eating at this place a few time recently. The food is ok. Beef Kapow dish was ok but the beef was on a tough side. Gang Kew Wan beef was on the very spicy and the roti was very too crispy to eat with the dish. However, the major handicap was the service. The server loves to talk to each other rather than serving customers. While they were serving, they were rushing in and out of your table. They even spilled the fish sauce on my hand phone without looking back. If you need to eat at this place, do not place any phone , tablet on the table otherwise have your meal somewhere else. Eating here does not worth the effort.

“Worst pizza EVER”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This place had being recommended by others. So I went with my family. First impressions is that it is set in a smart, clean and well air conditioned building.
The service was not to bad. My wife ordered the spaghetti carbonara which she really quite good (but small portion) I ordered the mushroom (from a tin) and ham pizza (no tomato sauce on pizza base). I have never had a pizza taste as bad as this. Even supermarket frozen pizzas are 10 times better than what we were given.
When paying the bill I told the staff how disappointed I was with pizza and they said it was homemade (NO CHANCE ! !) plus the cost of the pizza was 350B (£7) which is very expensive for what we received

Having hated the pizza so much. I must admit the cheesecake I had for dessert was very nice

Visited May 2014