“Great location and nice straff ”

Say Cheese Guesthouse
Ranked #47 of 302 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights and it has a great location, only took 10 minutes to the beach. Close to the markets and so on. Good price and comftorable beds. Good restaurant and friendly straff. Had a late bus to catch and could still place my bags in a dorm and explore the city the last hours I had.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Alicia P
There are newer reviews for Say Cheese Guesthouse

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great Guesthouse with very friendly and helpfull staff. Their english is very good which makes it easy to get around. Near Night Market, beach and shops. Good price. Restaunant offers very good food. Thai aswell as other "normal" food which is nice after eating Thai for a few weeks!

Room Tip: When you book you can book directly or via Agoda or Booking. When making a booking you can send requ...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The first thing that impressed me was the clean large room, plus it was finished to a "European" standard! The kettle along with the fridge and TV was a welcomed touch too. The owner and his staff couldn't have been more helpful. When it came to leaving Hua Hin I had to catch a late train and the owner was extraordinarily helpful, providing somewhere to store my stuff until I had to leave - so I could have a full day looking around the town without the worry of my luggage!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mark E
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This place was a real treat to spend a week. It may not be beachfront (which by the way the budget beachfront options are pretty mediocre), but its got its own appeal. Its right around the corner from the nighmarket,.. and about a 10 min walk at most to those little windy alleys filled with bars and restaurants. We are big fans of location and being close to options,.. without being stuck in the middle of the party. Say cheese is located on a nice and quiet street but close to it all. We weren't there during high season so we got a pretty decent rate. The owner who is from Holland was extremely helpful, and he never appeared tired by our endless inquiries. He went above and beyond when it came to hospitality, and both he and his staff made our stay really nice.The rooms are clean and spacious with big windows that allow lots of light. Breakfast was good, and the sitting area downstairs had a really friendly feel that usually had a crowd. The wifi can be a bit hit or miss depending on what floor your on,.. so if you need your fix ask in advance which room gets better reception. We really enjoyed our time here!

Room Tip: Im a big fan of balcony rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexandra R
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Big and clean rooms, air-con and balcony was nice. We stayed 2 nights in this guesthouse, 1 night in a 1. floor room, and changed to 2. floor similar room cause there was mold (heavy rains passed months) in our room. There was no problem to chance room, staff was really friendly. Breakfast (included) was ok, fresh newspapers at the lobby and relaxed atmosphere, nice place.
One minus we give for towels, that would need updating for better ones...

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ulla I
Reviewed 12 July 2013

When i arrived on the trainstation in Hua Hin late at night and I started walking into town to find a guesthouse, pretty quick i found this guesthouse (a 3 minute walk), the reason it caught my eye was because there were many people sitting outside the restaurant and it looked like a friendly place. By checking in I came immediatly in contact with the owner that was working on his administration behind the desk. After checking in an employee brought me to my room, and i was suprized how big the room exactly was.I have been in my 3 months travel trough Thailand in many guesthouses and this was the first one that was so clean, there was a insuite , a very quiet airconditioning and even a balcony. The bed in this doubleroom was the best i slept on in years, so comfortable and the pillow just perfect, also they clean the towels and sheets every 2 days what made my 3 weeks stay perfect. Downstairs they have a restaurant with free breakfast and it seems like they have the cheapest coffee intown with free wifi troughout the restaurant and rooms. The food in the restaurant is very delicious and the employees super friendly, i would definitly recommend the dutch delicatesses like frikandellen, kroketten or give the weekly typically dutch dish a try. Also because you are in Thailand try there Thai dishes, very spicy but so good. The distance to the nightmarket or to the beach is just 5 minutes, so it`s very close what makes it even more intresting to stay at this 16 rooms guesthouse. For everybody who is going to Hua Hin and want to have a great stay with big clean rooms and good food this place is the best recomodation i can give you !

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the building are more spacious and have a balcony, Ask for an airconditio...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Thomas2607
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

My Husband And I Spent Almost 2 Hours Stumbling Around Hua Hin In The Heat, Looking For A Decent Budget Option... Everything Was Either Way Out Of Out Price Range, Or Unpleasant. Chance Lead Us Past "Say Cheese" And We Decided To Pop In And See What It Was Like. We Stayef Two Nights.
Why We Liked It:
1. The Owner And Staff Are Extremely Friendly And Helpful... Always SmilinG And Providing Us With Extras Like A Map, Dirrections, Scooter Rental, RecommendationS And Even Their Cell # Incase We Got Lost.
2. From All Of The Places We Stopped, Their Prices Seem Very Reasonable For The Hua Hin Area... At The Time Of Writing This, We Paid $800 B A Night For An A/C Room. We Were Told That The Non A/C Rooms Were Much Less But We Splurged!
3. The Rooms Are SpaciouS, Well Equipt And Super Clean. Our Room Had A TV And An Electric Hot Water Pot For Tea And Coffee And A Mini Fridge.. Things We Usually Live Without!
4. It Was Reasonably Quiet For Being Downtown. My Husband And I Are Both Very Light Sleepers And We Were Concerned That Our Street Facing Room Would Be Too Noisy... Discovering That It Was Not, Was A Pleasant Surprise!

The Only Two Negatives I Will Mention Are Really A Matter Of Personal Preference And Would Not Keep Us From Staying There AgaIn In The Future.. The Beds Are Very Firm (As Is Often The CasE In SE Asia) And The WiFi Is Only Available Downstairs (There Are Some Nice Tables Set Up That you Can Sit At To Use It Though).

Over All... Very Pleasant Stay. Great Backpacker And Budget option In Hua Hin!

• Stayed: April 2013