“Excellent as usual”

Koti Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 665 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I simply enjoyed all traditional thai dishes every time we come to Hua Hin. We strongly recommend those who are searching for genuine thai.

2  Thank GerryCinque

Reviewed 24 October 2013

On our first visit to Hua Hin we wandered in here rather by accident as it is located so close to the night market street where we were first dropped off by taxi. It is a rather shabby looking place and the service isn't the greatest you'll find, but the food is oh--so-worth it.

We usually order a couple of meat dishes and a vegetable dish to share and my favorite is the chicken red curry soup (with coconut milk) so fresh and perfectly spiced and a little hot. (I could probably have this every day for the rest of my life.) We order the small sized portions and they are still large portions so one meat dish and one vegetable dish would probably be enough for the two of us... but neither one of us can give up on our favorite ("panage" for my OH and the red curry for me - we share and they're both yummy but we just can't do without the BEST ONE ;)). I can also recommend the Tom Kha Gai that we've only ordered once (OH wanted more spice, but the flavors were just as exquisite as in the red curry soup).

We've had the chicken cashew stir fry and it's okay but sweet and no spice (you could probably ask for some) and the chinese broccoli with oyster sauce is great. We've not tried any other stir fries as the curries are so yummy.

It's very crowded at night and we prefer to go here around 3PM for a late lunch or early dinner which aslo works out great as we have some room for snacks if we head out to a night market in the evening.

As mentioned the service is so-so. You get to order quickly and your food arrives very quickly, too (might take a little while longer when it's packed at night, probably). One of the ladies were positively grumpy the first time we were there (she'll always be referred to as our little ray of sunshine) and there is not a lot of smiles or unnecessary talking. They do seem to warm up a bit when they start to recognize you, though, and even our little ray of sunshine has been known to smile rather frequently.

2  Thank GummiAne
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was our 3rd visit in 2 years and the first meal we had when we arrived at Hua Hin. Located at the traffic junction directly opposite the night market, its conveniently located. All the tables were occupied when we arrived at 7.30pm and the owner son has the uncanny sense of when you arrive and put you on the queue. The restaurant is very much a local coffee shop with tables spilling onto the pavement next to the traffic junction. It offers Thai Chinese food at reasonable price. Not to be missed is the fried fish in garlic and pepper that goes perfectly with a bottle of Singha beer. The kitchen is in full view of the diners and surprisingly the cooks all looked young to be able to cook so well.

1  Thank c2chen
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had lunch at this corner coffee shop by chance. Though it was already about 2pm, there were still a no of guests having lunch. So we thought we could give this place a try. We ordered 3 items, fried rice, fried tung hoon, and seafood mousse. All 3 items lived up to its expectations. They taste good. And for the price we paid for, we can't complain at all. The only drawback probably would be the service. But overall, it's still worth a try!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a really good choice right at the Night Market on the intersection. And it's better than any choices around here on the Night Market, because many are pretty clear tourist traps.

This place though serves well-prepared and authentic Thai Food. Nothing fancy, but fresh and tasty. It's popular among Thais as well as tourists. My wife's originally from Thailand and she liked the food here too. A big plus are the quite low prices. You really can get your stomach full for less than 10$.
Don't forget to mention if you like to get some real spice in the spicy dishes, in case you get "farang"-plate.
We liked the fried crab meat cakes a lot. The Spicy Cashew Chicken(order it "ped ped" to get real spice) was a good choice too.
If you're around the Night Market then this surely is a great choice. On weekends be prepared to wait in line to get a table...but that's ok, because it gives you time to check the large menu. Since it's usually quite packed you might have to wait a while until food arrives....just kill a few cold beers during your wait!

Wanna know more about me and my travels? Check my profile (with a link to my website).

1  Thank Bandit-One