“Good location, large room”
Review of City Beach Resort

City Beach Resort
Ranked #100 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
“Good location, large room”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I spent 4 nights to the City Beach Resort in January 2014. The location was great - it was halfway between the train station and the beach. We easily walked to the beach, many shops, night market, cafes, restaurants around, closed to the train station. The room was quite large, (4th floor) clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. There are two computers fee in the lobby. Breakfast was a buffet and was OK.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed five nights whilst on golfing holiday. Should have taken better notice of the reviews written. This hotel is a disgrace, counter staff unfriendly, rooms are ancient and have terrible odours, bathroom is disgusting and the breakfast is not fit for human consumption. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ross m

Travellers are raving about these Hua Hin hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Amazing....I had no booking when I arrived and unfortunately the hotel was fully booked. But the staff at this hotel went out of their way to find me a hotel nearby and then carried my bags to the hotel they found for me.

Wanting to try this the City Beach Hotel I booked a few nights the following day. For me staying at this hotel was a pleasurable experience. It was so comfortable, clean and with service and a smile everywhere you turned. The facilities are very good. You don't have to walk far for anything as you are close to the beach and all the towns shops, cafes, restaurants and services etc.

I would highly recommend this hotel for value, service and location.

Thanks City Beach Resort Hotel.

Anthony Egan (Brisbane, Australia)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Anthony E
Reviewed 28 October 2013

first of all, he location is the big plus. Walking distance to the beach (although hotel staff told us the beach is 4 km away, its actually down the road). Close to nightlife and restaurants as well as night market and shopping mall. Rooms and facilities are clean.
The problem is the hotel is a journey down memory lane. It looks the same as it was 15 years ago. They didnt upgrade it, and maintenance is only basic. travelers expect more these days. power outlets for example. hair dryer. it just looks old. if you don't mind because you just need a bed to sleep and a shower, then its fine.

Room Tip: if you can avoid the rooms facing the temple. they start playing music quite early.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed 5 nights on a golf outing, the second time we were in Hua Hin for golfing in late September. Reception staff were friendly and checking in was quick considering that we had no booking and had transferred from another hotel where our booking was fouled up. As an old hotel the rooms and reception areas were decent and had been upgraded some time ago. Location wise, it get us to the golf courses in less than 20 minutes and walked to our favourite restaurants and beer joints in less then 5 minutes. The same for the night market. Our rooms were on the 6th floor with a view of the swimming pool and the sea in the distance. What's missing is the in room safe, slippers, hair dryer and hot water boiler for coffee and tea, something that I had expected. Breakfast was an average buffet spread with limited choice, probably due to the low season. On the last 2 days of our stay we had a choice of ordering ala carte breakfast. instead. Overall a decent stay for the price that we paid.

Room Tip: Take the high floors facing the pool and the sea
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank c2chen
London
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Hua Hin for the past 25 years and I was able to view the hotel before it opended in 1992.
Previous reviews had made me a little apprehensive on what I should expect on this trip.
I arrived at 7 pm on Sunday the first September, the greeting was very good normal Thai Style with plenty of smiling.
I waobliged too my room 410, large double overlooking the pool which is on the second floor, room and sheets clean, satellite tv the old tube tv not flat screen, plenty of coat hangers and a good size with a balcony.
Safes are located in reception, you are given a key and it is quiet secure and is manned 24 hours.
I went out on town that night so slept pretty well., breakfast was cooked fresh as for the first 4 days there was not enough guests to have a buffet, plenty of fruit juice, coffee, tea, bread/toast jams and butter . Cereal was only available on 3 of my 8 days not sure why but if I had asked iam quiet sure they would have obliged. There was fruits as well, back to the cooked breakfast, European or Asian, well I had the European, 2 fried eggs 2 Thai Sasages and 2 bits of ham, the sasages are like the frankfurters, not my favoutite. But had plenty of toast to make up for it!
Location is brilliant 5 mins to the beach, 10 mins to the shopping complex and night markets, so not far from anywhere.
The hotel is 21 years old so is ageing, but that said it was clean with a daily maid service which was done before I had finished breakfast, the pool is fine thw the occasional pigeons did stop for a shower. The staff were friendly and helpful, Wifi in rooms which was free and speed was fine.
I had paid for a double so there was no problems if a friend visited or stayed over.
I had a great price and have no complaints I have stayed on beach front hotels there in the past but they are far more expensive, and my favourite the Marriot is now under reconstruction.
If you fancy a different breakfast then pop out the hotel and there are many available for around 120b
I would recommend the City Beach, great value and location, if you want 5 star luxury then there is the Central (Sofitel) and Hilton and firther out the Dunsit and Shearaton to name a few.
As they say decide your budget and make your choice 8 nights came in at £220 also the best exchange rate for the past five years.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Steven77110
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We spend one night in this town in our way south to catch a boat to Ko Tao. Well located hotel. The beach is 5min walk and the bars and restaurants are in front. Not much to say about the room ... They are ok, clean and spacious. Rooms are not smoking and did not smell tobacco but the hallway does smell tobacco as employees smoke ...
The welcoming is poor vs Thai standards. Staff almost rude and bothered. Two examples : my kids left the key in the room wich can only be opened by a key. I was reprimanded and asked that this does not happen again. Also when i wanted to have directions to go to a nearby restaurant, the staff would not help, surprised i was asking such a question. It ended that the restaurant was 50 meters away! Avoid this place if you enjoy the great Thai way of dealing with tourists.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family