“You need to try very good personal small place”
Review of Olivo Ristorante - CLOSED

Olivo Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hua Hin, Thailand
“You need to try very good personal small place”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Back again and the Italian owner suggest us to eat his fresh Seabass. This was an excellent choice and very healty cooking. The fish was completly boneless and perfect cooked. Both me and my wife did enjoy it very much. Only sorry that most of the times we visit the Place is almost empty, cant understand why people seems to be afraid when the restaurants have no guests. We strongly recommend everyone to go here and try it. Last time I had a Lasanga that was absolut perfect. And if you have room for a desert try the homemade Tiramisu its just like the best ones in Italy. Grazie, Grazie!!

• Visited December 2013

Hua Hin, Thailand
“Small but nice”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Nice family operated restaurant. The Italian husband is the chef and his Thai wife is the waitress. Both friendly and give the Place a familiar atmosphere. We started with Parma Ham with Mozzarella, the ham was perfectly thin sliced and was of nice quality. I had chicken, 2 big slices with vegetables and tasted good. My wife did choose the spagetti seafood also that was a good choice. 2 glass of house red for THB 120 each was pored from a bottle not a paperbox, tasted nice. The owner offered us a glass of Grappa or Limoncello on the house. I did accept the Grappa and it was of good quality. Olivo is located on fast growing Soi 94 after the Railway. We recommend this restarurant if you are out for a resonable priced Italian Place.

• Visited October 2013
London
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

While in Hua Hin recently and having had a fill of noodles, green curry and pad-thai I looked up the Internet and found Olivio’s on Soi 94. What a discovery just the neatest little place with a superb Italian chef and great wait staff.
It was early in the week and there were few customers and to be honest I couldn’t decide what to order, a young lady brought Stefano (the chef owner) from the kitchen and I am delighted that she did. Let me look after you he said, have a glass of wine and relax, Hua Hin is not a hurried place so we will begin with tuna tartare topped with chopped Avocado (similar to Morton’s Steak house but a fraction of the price)and a dressing of soy, vinegar and lime (I think). …..Stefano produced a delightful tasting menu including his own version of gnocchi made from pumpkin rather than potato and I can say that I much preferred this over the regular recipe much nicer and just not so fatty or starchy.
Beautifully light homemade ravioli’s stuffed with crab, ricotta cheese and a light delicate sauce, a cold meat plate with tasty cheeses and meats all sourced locally but originally from Europe and finally the spaghetti in a sauce of melted spicy chorizo….. and another glass of wine and to finish his superb cheese cake and lemoncello. (A note on wine, its heavily taxed so don’t be surprised at $50USD for the starting price for a bottle of basic wine and much more than this if you are being picky) Drop into a local wine store and be alarmed at the prices and you will see why hotels and restaurants struggle to give you a drinkable glass for $10USD (300THB).
The final bill I don’t recall exactly but it was pennies compared with what you would pay in Europe or New York. This is a fine place to have a quality Italian meal and I know its Thailand but there is only so much lemon grass, curry and fried noodles you can have before you desire something Italian and this was great Italian cooking at an affordable price.
Highly recommended

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Best Italian Restaurant in Hua Hin”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Recently I holidayed in Hua Hin, Thailand. Located across the road from my resort was a small Italian restaurant, Olivo. The first time I tried Olivo's fare, I chose the home made ravioli, stuffed with smoked ham, potato, plus extras bathed in a Gorgonzola cheese sauce. Complimented with a nice glass or two of dry white wine. Absolutely stunning. Very friendly staff. Met the owner & chef responsible for my food, Stefano. While in Hua Hin, each night I ate out at various restaurants, these included 5 star Hilton venues. I can safely say the best restaurant I found in Hua Hin, for creativity, freshness, taste and value for money was my local Italian, Olivo Ristorante. On various other nights I sampled the Tuna tartare with capers and avocado, / Grilled chicken escalope with herbs, rocket and Parmesan, / Veal shank braised in red wine , with polenta. Dining outside on the veranda on the warm summer nights provided a lovely relaxed ambiance. If you are after nice quiet low key restaurant with friendly service and exceptional food, you can't go past Olivo Ristorante and chef's Stefano's delicious menu. Molto buono cibo!

• Visited July 2013