“Views and monkeys!!!”

Chopsticks Hill (Khao Takiab)
Book In Advance
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Views and monkeys!!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Chopsticks Hill or Monkey Mountain was a unique and cheap experience. The cost was only the tuk tuk fare to take us up and everything else is free!!!

The place is not shiny and new, but this is to be expected where monkeys roam free.

The view of Hua Hin from the temple is amazing (even worth the steep long steps to the top).

We didn't find the monkeys agressive and the only time the monkeys came close, was when my husband bought food and then it was like planet of the apes!!!

We all loved seeing the monkeys up close and my children were not frightened at all.

1 Thank Britsardo

• Thai first
Kobe, Japan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice view, a bit rundown.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

As we were staying nearby, it was convenient for us to visit. The walk up to the temple from the north side was very steep but the view was worth it.
A few too many monkeys for my liking but my kids loved to see them play so seeing the laughter in their eyes made it worth it. The beach at the bottom is lovely.

Visited August 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
728 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 692 helpful votes
“Khao Takiab evolved into unrecognized mess.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Khao Takiab for years had been the boundary of the beach of Hua Hin. We escaped the weekend crowd by driving to the extreme south of the stretch of Hua Hin beach where the fisherman were, and thay's Khao Takiab. Presently the development of resort city totally over-shadowed the fisherman village or even the Chopsticks Hill.

Maybe it is unrealistic to stop or even slowdown the continue development of Hua Hin. However I believe it is to the interest of the present and future developers to make sure certain landmark attraction can be improved and further enhance to the future image of the resort. Presently the whole area looks like a combination of slum and unfinished condos. It is sad to see what development can do to a pristine beach.l

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Charn P
Gulfport, Florida, United States
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We walked up and took a taxi down -- doing it the other way may have been better! It's an OK place but the views are lovely so I'm glad we went. A bit tired looking in terms of shops and even the temples. This is simply a great view.

Seattle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Stay passive and these guys will entertain the heck out of you!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was told that I "shouldn't bring anything I'm not willing to lose" and these guys proved it. What fun! I got up close with one who wanted my water bottle, so I put it out in front of him, and you can bet he stole it. They don't know how to drink from a bottle, but he snatched it, ran off, spilled it on the cement and drank it.

Best part was when the park staff pulled up on their scooter to do something, hopped off, walked away, and a monkey promptly stole his keys and scurried away. The park staff guys were furious, but laughed. They should know better. "My keys now!" thought the monkey.

Don't bring outside food, as this can cause you literal harm. Don't approach them, let them approach you, and no matter what you do, don't bring anything you're not willing to part with, because these guys are thieves of the highest order and vandals of every sort.

3 Thank PurpleTea