We stayed at the Centara for 7 nights at the end of April for our honeymoon, and have not stopped raving about it to our friends and family back home in Aus.
The hotel reminded me immediately of the Raffles in Singapore, with its beautiful colonial facade and lush, landscaped gardens. The fact the hotel is so peaceful, and is set right in the middle of town, is a credit to the hotel. You are within a 1 minute walk of massage, restaurants, bars, and then can retreat back to your room (the massage place directly across the road charges 300bht for a 1hour thai massage if you feel like a cheap way to spend the afternoon!!)
We mostly ate our breakfast in the Club Room, and went out for lunch, then back for afternoon tea and evening drinks while relaxing by the pool. We occasionally used the gym, which is of a very high standard with great modern machines and weights.
Our decision to upgrade to the Club Rooms – couldn’t recommend this more, and worth the expense. The club itself is so beautiful, and the drinks and food on offer is outstanding. You really wouldn’t need to eat at any other point if you had breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening drinks at the resort as the food and drinks is never ending and of such a high quality. The evening cocktail of the day was also a nice treat. Other benefits of the club rooms include daily laundering of 2 items (back most days by 4pm), free wifi, delicious cakes with turn down service, and very late check out
The spa is also one of the best I have ever been to worldwide, and would also recommend for a special treat. They use Jurlique facial products (an organic, natural Australian brand), and the design and quality of treatment was amazing.
We had dinner on our last night at Hagi, the hotel’s Japanese restaurant, and it was excellent. Great service, food and range of drinks.
For us as honeymooners, it was the fact the resort was extremely popular with families with children. Perhaps 1 of the 3 pools could be made a kid free zone? Or at least ban the floaties and lilos they all seemed to carry. At some points, you could barely see the water due to several small children in their 8 foot long shark floatie!! Also, I don’t think it’s appropriate to allow children into the Club Lounge during the evening drinks between 5-7pm – could this at least be a child free zone for this time as alcohol is being served?? I’ve never felt bothered by small children at any other resort ever, but I felt I had to say something in this case.
In summary however, do yourself a favour, and make the 2.5 hour drive to Hua Hin.
A special thank you to Chloe and Narsica (sorry if I’ve spelt that wrong!) at the hotel, whose friendliness and professionalism were outstanding (as was all the staff).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Fastbooking, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Sawasdee, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel