I cannot say enough positive things about the Centara Grand Beach Resort and Villas in Hua Hin. It exceeded our expectation in every way. My wife and I work and live in New York City and planned our international wedding with guests from around the world. On the biggest day of our lives we wanted everything to be perfect, and it was.
Ms. Narawadee Warit (Kun Joy), the Sales and Event Manager at the Centara, communicated with us by email and Skype to plan literally every detail of our wedding. She was always remarkably responsive, provided impeccable service, guidance, and thoughtful considerations from the moment we first reached out to the hotel until the conclusion of our wedding ceremony and reception. To give an example, when it came time to select the wedding cake, flower arrangements, and colors for table settings, Joy would send us emails with many options to choose from. If anything needed to be modified, she was extremely helpful and flexible to meet our requests. Through our emails and Skype conversations we had a feeling that the wedding would be spectacular, and we approached the big day with confidence. Joy would even anticipate things we never even thought of, which was very much appreciated. Everything from the playlists, seating arrangements, wedding program, coordination of the proceedings, wedding officiate, dinner, dietary requirements and drinks were exceptionally well coordinated. In short, as the review title states our wedding was perfect.
In addition to Joy, all of the management welcomed us upon our arrival, and followed up with us throughout our rehearsal and during the wedding day to ensure our every need was attended to. When the big day arrived, we learned that the hotel had unexpectedly upgraded us to their Executive Suite! It was a beautiful two story room with a balcony, and created an amazingly charming space with ambiance for the pre-wedding photographs as my wife got ready. In addition to being a hotel that is both historic and remarkably beautiful, the landscaping and hotel grounds were exceptionally well maintained also. There is always an element of risk involved in planning a wedding at a location that you've never been, but after this experience I can't imagine a more beautiful location or qualified staff.
We chose to get married underneath a pagoda near the beach and Gulf of Thailand. There was a long walkway that created a magical scene when the ceremony began and my wife walked down the aisle. As expected, everything was on cue from the music to pacing throughout the day. Our reception was held nearby. Dinner was beyond delicious, and I can say that all of our guests were extremely impressed by how attentive the staff was. When a drink started to get low, the staff would fill it without anyone even needing to ask for it. When it was time for a special dance or speech, Joy and her team had it coordinated perfectly so there was never a pause in the proceedings and everything happened exactly as we'd hoped.
A special treat of the night was that 30,000 fireworks were lit off in celebration of the King's birthday just down the beach from the wedding. When I asked Joy to pause our reception so that everyone could watch them (even though it resulted in things going longer than we had planned that evening as the firework display was massive), she immediately agreed and didn't miss a beat. Our reception concluded around 11:00pm. Looking back on it, there wasn't a single moment that we would have changed or need that the Centara didn't meet for us.
As part of the wedding package (which is a remarkable value for everything that is included), we woke up the following morning to enjoy some spa treatment, a nice start to our married life. Joy and the management were there to say farewell when we checked out, and ensure that from start to finish, they did everything possible to make our wedding unforgettable. Our sincere thanks for everyone at the Centara for providing us with a dream wedding that we will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxuriate within this colonial-style Hua Hin Thailand hotel, nestled in a tropical garden along a beautiful four-mile beach. Signature features of this Hua Hin hotel resort include 207 rooms and 42 villas, local and international cuisine in five restaurants, three conference rooms for up to 300 people, three swimming pools, a Spa and fitness centre, and limousine service. There are also six golf courses near our Thailand hotel resort, complementing our extensive onsite recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia and Odigeo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel