Unfortunately we still have 5 days here to put up with the abysmal service.
Four of us booked Club access mini suites for our stay in Hua Hin and so far we wish we had chosen another hotel.
This hotel has many guests who have paid extra for club access with the benefits of evening cocktails. So many in fact there is no room for them all to sit in airconditioned comfort, which is needed when the temperature is 35 degrees. We are only offered outside seating amongst the mosquito plagued gardens,which we decline.
There is supposed to be drinks as well later at 8:30 but we have tried to order Baileys on 2 consecutive nights only to be told "we've run out"
Any decent hotel would get whats required from another bar in the hotel or send somene to a shop and buy it.
This hotel has no airconditioned public areas so you must go to your room to keep cool.
All the rooms are in several wings with long walks on outside corridors to the lobby. Wooden stairs are the only means of access to the upper floors where rooms give some relief from the insect invasion.
There seems to be a lack of staff in numbers enough to give guests personal attention. When I mentioned this to staff they say "sorry we are busy" .
I asked at reception to book two massages at the Spa, instead of contacting the Spa and making the reservation for me i was handed the phone to do it myself. I could have done that from my room. The" Club" needs a permanent concierge to handle customer requests.
I believe that this hotel is living in the past and is not in tune with what is required by international travellers.
I am sure if management read this they will come up with the usual platitudes that they are " working towards rectifying the problems"
For current guests it will all be too late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Fastbooking, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel