“convenient but quiet place to stay”

Tientong Guesthouse
Tientong Guesthouse
Ranked #116 of 285 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
tokyo
“convenient but quiet place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2009

The location is at the right hand of the dead end street passing through Grand Hotel at your left hand and its parking lots from Petchkasem Rd. The surrandings are quiet. A night market in front of Grand hotel, where is only 3min. walk away, was held every day while I stayed. Foods at the market were very cheap but good. A grocery store with international foods and liquors is 5min. walk away located at the next to San Paulo Hospital at Petchkasem Rd. The train station is 15min. walk away. Many restaurants can be found on the road along with the railway. Free WiFi was available with good connection at my room. The room and the bed were moderate and comfortable with a refrigerator. It is worth staying with this price.
Note that I think the picture shown at this site is a previous guesthouse premise at 226/32 Pechkasem Rd. now became The Bee & B.

• Stayed December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2006

After a long train journey down from Bangkok we arrived to a very dark, but beautiful rail station in Hua Hin. We were met by a cab driver who charged us 100 Baht (for a family of 4 with luggage) to get to the guest house, which was not far off. We were welcomed with a friendly smile and were really impressed with the 2 rooms we got for our 10 day stay in Hua Hin. TienTong is in an ideal location, walking distance to town and the Market Village Shopping centre and also just up the road from the night markets and an excellent little Thai Restaurant (which also serves the overflow of guests from the Grand Hotel next door). We had 2 very spacious rooms with en suite bathrooms and as myself and my husband have managed and worked in and for 4 and 5 star hotels for many years (and I am terribly fussy about where I lay my head!) we were impressed with the cleanliness and also the service we had. Any problems we had (which was only one - the air con) were seen to immediately and fixed. The staff were lovely and also offered good advise on local issues - we went to Hua Hin to buy a house to start our own guest house near the Elephant Village in the hills, so we have had a good insight to standards. The bathrooms are all in marble. I highly recommend Tientong as a great value stay in a good central location. They seemed very busy and were fully booked for many nights whilst we were there - hope they continue to do so well and am sure they will ! Thanks again to all there for your help - we left in a hurry as we were late for our train back to Bangkok so had to wave goodbye from the cab ! Oh yes and although their rates are room only, they do have a breakfast menu which you can order and pay direct to them, so do not let that deter you. We looked at numerous guests houses and this one we plan to come back to when we move over to Hua Hin later on this year and will recommend to friends visiting us too always !

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2005

Just wanted to tell a bit about my outstanding stay at Tientong Guesthouse. I spotted their sign at a restaurant, after staying my first night at a rat hole that a tuk tuk driver took me to. When I went to check out the rooms, there was only one room left, a clean and comfortable (though small) fan room that shared a decent sized bathroom (with hot water shower), with one other room, for 200 Baht per night. I jumped this after paying more than double the night before.

As my stay lasted for about a week, The small and friendly atmosphere began to grow on me. I found it to be well located also, as I could walk just about everywhere I needed to go and at the same time get a good night's sleep, in the small, quiet residential neighborhood, right behind the Grand Hotel. On more than one occasion, I was invited to share in food and drinks with the owners, a few long term guests, and even the neighbors, free of charge.

The guesthouse itself is a converted townhouse with two fan rooms downstairs, and 3 rooms with air upstairs. There is a small kitchen and bar, a cozy patio area and free wireless internet connection. Just recently, they added another 5 rooms down the same street, with very nice, brand new rooms at around the same price.

After checking out and going to Cha Am for a few days, I returned to Hua Hin and Tientong Guesthouse, only to find they were fully booked. What really blew me away, was when the owners insisted that I could take their room for the night, while they would stay in their new unfinished home on the other side of town, just to accommodate me. Without a doubt, I would give Tientong Guesthouse my highest recommendation for budget travel.

• Stayed December 2005