“If I had one last vacation before I die then this is the place I'd go.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa

and 1 more site!
Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 133 Hotels in Hua Hin
Toronto, Canada
“If I had one last vacation before I die then this is the place I'd go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Aleenta Pranburi for a week in late October 2013. We had the most memorable, relaxing holiday, thanks to their stellar service and unbelievable value for money. I loved every moment and want this place to maintain its exclusive, hidden gem quality! We appreciated the intimacy and small-inn feel of the resort (having only about 22 boutique-style rooms), and a serene ambience of the location. The hotel manager, James Noble, is the most amazing hotel manager I have ever encountered. More about him under the subheading, “STAFF” but all in all, we cannot thank James and the resort enough for making our vacation the most magically splendid, ever.

In point forms, here are my comments:

FOOD – stellar gourmet offering from beginning to an end. Its continental breakfast spread, brought on a three-tiered trivet stand at each guests’ table, was always beautifully presented. In addition to this trivet stand full of assorted breakfast pastries, cold cuts, cheeses and ‘made-fresh-daily’ assortment of tropical preserves, we’d get to order a breakfast entrée, ranging from a Thai style soup noodles, green tea waffle with house-made ice cream, among so many other smartly prepared varieties. Each offering was so mouth-watering, and with copious varieties, one wouldn’t have to repeat a dish for about 9 days if you so choose! Lunch/Dinner options were equally abundant, presentation leaning towards the “unfussy haute cuisine”, and adhered to its “Locavore/Slow Food” mandate. There are at least 3 different dishes/dessert items which I hope that the resort’s Executive Chef, Ian, would one day share with me. I was so inspired by their menu selections, they were so ‘steal worthy’.

AMBIENCE OF THE LOCATION/PRANBURI – if you want the quietest, nearly deserted beach, warm sea water (with the occaisional jellyfish that you need to watch out for during the rainy season), freshest seafood, and an opportunity to immerse yourself with the pulse of the ordinary local life, then this is THE place. If you’re looking for an exciting night life, or rather, something similar to Phuket or Samui, then this place is not for you. In Pranburi, we were able to go on long, mild-paced bike rides along the quaint roads without worrying about traffic. With the resort’s complimentary rental bicycle, we explored the coast line and left all the worldly stress behind. There are many inexpensive but safe and fresh restaurants along the coast and inlands; we never had a bad meal. Locals are extremely friendly and it never felt as if I had to watch my belongings. All in all, it’s a great place for a truly slow-paced escape.

RESORT ITSELF – We stayed at its Oceanview Villa (Villa 3, if I recall correctly). When we were shown our home away from home, we were delighted! It was incredibly roomy with a very large terrace overlooking the ocean. The staff went out of their way to bring to our terrace some lounge furniture from the beach; they truly accommodated our every need. The resort’s ‘main pool’ was seldom used by others (I guess because most of them had their own pool?) and while small, it was spacious enough for the two of us to swim leisurely. It was virtually our own swimming pool for the entire week. Should you wish to do a few laps, then their Frangipani Villa had a good sized lap pool, but we didn’t feel the need to go there.

Before we arrived, we opted in to their "Tailor" Service. For a nominal fee, our exclusive Tailor -- one who helps "tailor your stay", Koy, picked us up all the way in Bangkok and ensured that our every need was being met for the duration of our stay. Whilst we sunbathed, Koy would periodically bring us a chilled glass of water, and afternoon canapés. When we returned to our room, we’d find a small jar of hand-harvested fresh aloe vera gel that she had brought in for our after-sun skin care. The Tailor Service is definitely worth it; there was never a moment when are needs weren't met.

I was also very impressed by the Aleenta's adherence to sustainable business practice of using reusable containers/jars for items such as shampoo and body soap. All food is also locally sourced. You can even visit the vegetable garden (open to the community).

STAFF – staff MAKES this place the most incredible hidden gem I have personally ever visited. The hotel manager, James Noble, leads a close-knit brigade of friendly, discreet and truly caring staff. Koy, Chef Ian, Pongsak, and many more -- were all wonderful hosts. For a starter, they have a “No Tip” Policy. If you insist on tipping, then they will siphon it to Blue Water Foundation, a charity they support. We loved how caring the staff was about us – we jokingly pestered them to upgrade us to one of their beachfront villa with its own swimming pool. We knew it was impossible as all the villas with pools were booked up by the time we had contacted the resort. Well guess what? Koy managed to find a vacancy – on our very last day – and upgraded us at no extra charge. We are so grateful to them for making our last night so special.

The Aleenta family of resorts is very lucky to have a talent like James in charge of the place. When we signed up to their cooking class, James personally took us to the local market as well as guiding us to Aleenta’s own organic farm. From the greetings he received at the local market, you could clearly see he was a respected member of the Pranburi community. And his background as a Michelin-starred chef, his personal involvement in our excursion elevated the experience into something out of a Food Network show. While the resort and the location were wonderful, James' charm and genuine care for the guests and staff made us want to return there. He truly is a great ambassador of the resort. I sense that numerous other guests share that sentiment on this site.

All in all, a million thanks to Aleenta, to James, to Koy, to Chef Ian, et al, for treating us like family, and turing our vacation into a gem of memories. Words could never convey how perfect our experience was.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I planned a special holiday for my girlfriend in Huahin, Thailand and made a surprise proposal to her in her birthday. When I found Aleenta, I was attracted by its beautiful and unique suites. I chose the Penthouse which is a circular-shaped residence set high above the resort’s grounds and we enjoyed the ocean privately.

I very appreciated their good services. Especially, I would like to thank their wedding & event planner Ms. Sorrawee Phaetsart. Originally, I planned a beach dinner. But it was too windy. She immediately propose a Plan B to me to let us have a private dinner in the restaurant. It was well organised. She also helped me to set up a romantic room with lots of candle lights, roses petals on the bed, romantic music, roses bouquet, sparkling wine, birthday cake and organic moon bath... My girlfriend was touched and the proposal was very successful.

Our holiday was very good and memorable. Thanks Aleenta!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SeasonChan
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed for 10 days during November and it was a great holiday. James and his team made our wedding Anniversary one to remember sitting on our decking by the Jacuzzi sipping sparkling wine and eating canapes then later having a candle light dinner on the beach.

This hotel is very quiet and peaceful we saw very few people walk by on the beach.

The chef uses locally sourced produce most of which is grown on there own farm nearby the food is delicious the staff are local and always there when needed.

The beds are so comfy and it was a pleasure to wake up for the sunrise,if you can have a room on the beach and the bathroom amenities are very refreshing.

The use of the hotel bikes give you the opportunity to explore the local area, which is very quiet and flat around the hotel.If you require to do any shopping you will need to travel to Pranburi around 20-30 mins away. There is a local shop which sells very basic needs and a few restaurants near the hotel.

The Aleenta is the place to go if you want peace and quiet we are looking forward to returning soon. Thanks to James and his team

Room Tip: beach front Palm or pool Villas
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ban Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We reside in Thailand and decided we wanted a few nights away but did not wish to travel far. We where looking for a little luxury, a little pampering and a lot of relaxation. We got all of this and more at the Aleenta. From the moment we parked our car till the moment we left the staff could not do enough for us. We where greeted with enthusiasm and curtesy , taken to reception , given a welcome drink during check in. Check in was easy and very organised.
Our room was beautiful , with a gorgeous open view onto the amazing golden sand beach right on our door step outside our room we had a private plunge pool sun beds and a hammock. The restaurants , two off where very good, menus are different in both. The choice was amazing with many quirky takes on some traditional dishes. I had a memorable pork and prawn satay , which came served with satay sauce ice cream..........it was amazing and surprisingly delicious . Strange eating savoury ice cream, which was cold but left a pleasant spicy warm feeling on your palette. We where advised that some of the produce used in the Aleenta is either home reared or grown in the community garden , this is very commendable, that a hotel takes the time to care about and participate in the community it is situated in. The breakfast was so lovely and can either be enjoyed in your room or in the restaurant.

I used the spa during my stay and really enjoyed my treatment, it has an extensive list to choose from.

This is a small luxury hotel, with an amazing number of staff to guest ratio, they where always at hand but never intrusive.

The peace and tranquility that we experienced during our stay recharged our
batteries and we left feeling refreshed, pampered and well looked after.

This is a hotel will return to have no hesitation in recommending it to any one who is looking for their slice of paradise.

THANKYOU ALEENTA MANAGEMENT AND STAFF

• Stayed October 2013
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

In mid-October we joined family for my sisters wedding at the Resort. We had not been to Thailand for many years: previous trips had been to Bangkok and Pattaya, and we had experienced the big city crowds of people and the heavy tourist pressure resort thing. That is not what you get in Hua Hin. In Hua Hin, we walked on the beach, down roads and around a night market - no pestering by anyone, a relaxed and happy country-style part of the world, friendly Thai people.

If you want a glossy shiny air conditioned hotel holiday, stay in Bangkok.
Hua Hin is a long drive away from Bangkok, the Resort provided transfers at a fair price.
I am guessing that the Resort buildings are constructed from local stone, tiles, and concrete - the style is that of rough, chunky surfaces - a country feel.

We had booked a room/building with a small pool and were upgraded to the Penthouse instead. Julie missed the pool but the Penthouse views are incredible: 180 degrees of beach above most other hotel buildings! Sun rising above the water early in the day.

This is a hotel where the manager, kitchen and other staff know food. Sometimes we were around for pre-dinner snack tempters - and they were scrumptious!

As I said, we were there for the wedding: ceremony down the road on the beach and back to the Resort afterwards, with a fantastic dinner that evening. Didn't expect dishes prepared with liquid nitrogen way out in Thai countryside - but that is what we got. Expect that they don't do that all the time!! The groom has a knack of talking people into doing special things :-)

There are high energy things to do on the beach: wind surfing and more, but we didn't really have time/inclination with so much family to catch up with.

What makes a good Resort are the people and the service. The Thai people are perhaps more shy than we are used to but that is also part of their charm - and they are so happy and keen to please. I guess many of the staff come from country areas off farms, and hence their parents are so proud of them working in a luxury Resort and benefit from them making good money to send home. Lovely people and service.

The week before we got to the Resort, a tail end of a typhoon had swept in. Several lives were lost and one finishing boat destroyed on the beach. This is an area that has SO MANY fishing boats and the local economy must depend on fishing and tourism more now. The Resort sees themselves as part of the larger local economy and told us that they did something to help the fishermans family.

The bar next to the pool (infinity pool!) is a nice place for a late afternoon drink!

We enjoyed our stay, a few lovely days with family away from the maddening crowd!

Room Tip: Beachside buildings look good, Penthouse has great views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ammanford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was a special holiday planned together with our best friends .Special it was indeed . The location is perfect ,we stayed in Palm Pool residences 102 and 103 ,the views are spectacular . Making the most of the proximity to the very private and virtually deserted beach . We signed up for the Tailor package,which was well worth the investment ,Koi our tailor was exceptional.Breakfast was served alfresco on our terraces most mornings,we would like to give a special mention to both Bank and Mote who never failed to treat us with the broadest smiles and the kindest of words . Thank you boys. The hotel is well located for visiting some exceptionally good local eateries.Car hire can be arranged for sightseeing.Sam Roi Yod is well worth a visit .
This was a wonderful holiday totally orchestrated by James the RM .Thank you everyone,

Room Tip: Palm Pool Residences
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Aleenta is very very relaxing.You find yourself entering a world of peace and tranquility, where you can take a walk on a deserted beach any time of the day or view the sea from your hammock gently swaying to and fro.
The staff will always assist and nothing is to much trouble for them.The RM James took us to the market ,explained the different fish and produce (even got us all to try local produce) .He interacted with the stall holders and we found ourselves buying turtles to release at the Temple.
It was very amusing when the turtles got out of their containers during the short journey !
The menu is creative and mouth watering. Try the chilli ice cream or the pork moo dish, spicy and tasty.
You are spoilt for choice where to enjoy your food, in your room , on the beach ,in a private dining room or by the pool, wherever, the staff will arrange it.
We had a fantastic time at Aleenta . James shares the ethos of what makes it different from other chill out retreats. He and his staff are working with the environment and with the community ,A great concept and to be applauded
Yes we will return , hopefully soon .!!
J J