We are a mid thirties couple who stayed here for 9 nights as part of a Thailand & Australia 3 week holiday.
The Thailand part of our holiday constituted a 3 night stay in Bangkok (great fun and culture in a busy hectic Asian metropolis) immediately followed by 9 nights of pure chill & relaxation in a secluded luxury Thai beach resort off the beaten track (Aleenta Pranburi).
We chose to stay here over and above all the other usual commercially trodden Thai coastal destinations such as Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui etc. for the following reasons:-
- Pranburi and nearby Hua Hin town are just 2.5 hrs by car from Bangkok (so considerably easier to get to from Bangkok than facing all the faff of an internal flight from the capital to one of the southern islands listed above)
- Pranburi and Hua Hin are also THE Thai coastal retreats of choice to the Thai royalty and wealthy Thai folk
- the likes of the Beckhams, Ryan Gosling, Shania Twain and many other famous Hollywood/global celebs I won't list here have stayed at Aleenta Pranburi in the last couple of years (if it's good enough for them.......!!)
- the unique ethos of the property itself and Aleenta brand over and above the typical commercial hotel brands such as Sheraton and Evason down the road. Aleenta is essentially a luxury yet sustainable eco friendly resort that does little harm to the surrounding environment. All the superb food you eat there for example is sourced and grown locally on their own organic farm over the road (how cool is that?!), the resort only employs staff who live within a max 30 km radius of Pranburi thus maintaining a local feel to the place via all the friendly staff working there. And all the water you use in your bathroom taps and in the shower is recycled on site via a very expensive but admirable filtration system that Aleenta has invested in.
- stunning Gulf of Thailand ocean view through sliding patio doors from the end of your bed in most of the properties there ( so you wake up each day to the sound & sight of the sea from the end of your bed, amazing). We chose one of the Palm Pool Suites which has outdoor rain shower, organic shower gel (which smells divine), the latest JBL iPod/iPhone 5 S docking station, private jacuzzi plunge pool and decking/lawn dropping down to THE quietest and most private, secluded beach you could wish for with warm clean sea 10 yards out, pure bliss :-)
Breakfast is AMAZING - prob the best breakfast menu ever in fact (!!) as follows:-
Choice of fresh tea/coffee/various fruit juices, several cereal choices in cool pre filled magnetic jars stuck on the wall with full fat, skimmed or soya milk, "afternoon tea style" cake stand made up fresh and brought to your table each morning containing slices of ham & cheese, fresh fruit, toast, croissants, home made cakes and pastries, home made tropical jams. And a cooked breakfast of your choice each day too (!!) with many unusual and unique options such as "Eggs Duo" - poached eggs with smoked white snapper or "Eggs Bloody Mary" - scrambled egg on toast with emmental cheese, Worcestershire sauce, tomato and crispy bacon, there is also a warm Thai option called Kao Tom - boiled rice soup with pork, chicken or beef/seafood, all are simply delish!!!
We had lunch in both resort restaurants (with the wafer thin sirloin beef salad and fresh fish burger being the pick of the bunch) and an amazing candle lit dinner under the stars on our last night, in short the food and service here is top notch (and we've eaten in Michelin starred places all over the UK so we know what good food and service looks like), Aleenta is right up there on both fronts.
In terms of other facilities, there is a basic gym consisting of a bike, treadmill and cross trainer should you get the urge for a cardio blast, alternatively do what we did and a) go for a run along the beach and b) use the complimentary push bikes to explore the local area and other Thai eateries along the stretch outside the property. There is also a lovely spa onsite and a rooftop infinity pool for use too.
Finally, I must mention James the general manager here. We had some very minor queries/issues during our stay which he personally went out of his way to resolve pretty much immediately, in doing so he reinforced our overall impression of the Aleenta brand - massively professional and utterly dedicated to the needs of it's guests at all times.
Thankyou James for a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable stay, we'll definitely be returning in future for more Aleenta relaxation and bliss :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa in Pranburi is the original award winning boutique luxury resort upon which Aleenta started. This special boutique luxury resort and spa features 25 unique residences, most with private pool. Each suite is located within mere footsteps of the beach and offer commanding views over the stunning sea views over the Gulf of Thailand. Situated on the pristine and golden sand stretch of Pak Nampran Bay, Aleenta Hua Hin Resort is a comfortable 2.5 hour drive south of Bangkok. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aleenta Resort Pranburi Hotel Hua Hin
- Aleenta Resort Hua Hin
- Aleenta Hotel Hua Hin