Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa
US$216
US$210
Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Amari Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$78
Marriott Hotels
US$214
US$171
Agoda.com
Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$84
All reviewspalm poolfrangipani wingmanager jamespool residenceplunge poolorganic farmthe penthouseoutdoor showersmall luxury hotelkite surfersocean viewcooking classshared poolsound of the waveslittle touchesromantic getawaylocal market
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is my second visit but this time we were located in the Frangipani wings which perfectly fit for families. The rooms are larger and you have a direct access to the swimming pool. The bath rooms are a bit more practical than those located in the traditional part of the hotel. The breakfast is OK and we cannot complain about the dining experience. Nonetheless, it is advisable to eat outside, either close to the hotel or to drive to Hua Hin (20 minutes) and select one of the numerous restaurants there. A downside is the cleanness of the place which is questionable. The beach is nice and I haven't seen any jellyfish during our stay. I cannot judge on the price since we did benefit from an attractive package. My rating would be good and not average.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PATCO060
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a really great time staying at the 3 Bedroom Beachfront Villa at Aleenta Resort & Spa Hua Hin. The villa is absolutely stunning with plain and clean design. All 3 bedrooms are lovely and very detailed. Aleenta does a very great job here. They do take great care of small details like warm welcome notes writing in the living room, chilling music playlists playing along and also the books shelf with nice books. This villa is absolutely the right choice for family or a group of friends to share and spend time together. The private pool is very nice. We spent our late afternoon in the pool talking, watching the sunset, it’s such a memorable time and great relaxation. We also did explore the beach which was only a few steps away from our Villa. It is clean and peaceful. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Dinner at the Restaurant was great. In the morning, we asked for the in-room service breakfast. They arrived and set the table in the living room up for us to enjoy lovely breakfast. Afterwards, we had a great exclusive chance visiting their chic plantations and the mushrooms house. Aleenta Resort & Spa Hua Hin is such a unique nature lover mixed together with an artist. They are not only treating us just like the 5 star resort but also giving us the warm feeling of the friend and family. We really fall in love with Aleenta Resort & Spa Hua Hin’s concept and will definitely go back there! Thank you Aleenta!

Room Tip: 3 Bedroom Beachfront Villa is absolutely a great choice for family or group of friends.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just returned from Aleenta after 6 days of pampering. As we want to visit different destinations around the world it is rare for us to express the desire to return to a specific place. There is so much to say about the resort which has been fully explored by other reviews I would like to take a different angle.
The resort is a boutique with an abundance of staff who remembers how you like your coffee served by day 2. They even hunt us down to feed us snacks and drinks around the resort. The spa treatment is amongst the best I have experienced after visiting numerous spas on board cruise ships and the Pennyhill Spa at Ascot.
What is truly amazing is the standard the team have achieved with respect to caring for the environment, utilising solar energy, production of methane from stale cooking oil ( collected from local hotels and restaurants as well) to power the hotel buggies, organic farming, educating local school children and sponsoring a local fisherman by guaranteeing to purchase all his catches and in return he is happy to go out specially to hunt down a lobster or two when desired by guests. I thought initially the boat was a photo opportunity on the perfectly clean beach which is also true. As this is the rainy season (although it seems to rain mostly at night ) we had some lovely walks along the beach with hardly anyone around apart from the fishermen.
The food was varied and enjoyable and they are careful not to put too much chilli in our dishes.
We are planning to return after the planned upgrade and expansion of the resort.

Room Tip: All the rooms have outdoor space and some have plug pools. We chose the round room on the top floor as we think there as less mosquitos compared to the beach front rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vhhwoodman
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We got a hut with direct access to the sea. The room was beautifully made, the view breathtaking and the service perfect.
Breakfast was delicious and served on ones own veranda.
We took part in a couple of tours arranged by the hotel to local markets and an elephant park and both were very interesting and pleasant.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I spent out mini-moon after the hectic wedding preparations at Aleenta Pranburi. We arrived mid-afternoon via the resort arranged transport which was lovely with complimentary snacks and drinks enroute, and were immediately taken by the additional welcome message outside our Pool Villa that spelt "Just Married" in pebbles and a heart. I was so happy, and that was the moment we knew this was going to be a great stay. Manager James was there when we arrived and told us more about the hotel's sustainability efforts - this made me smile as my husband and I always pick holiday resorts with this in mind.

This is a resort made for couples and honeymooners as it is serene, secluded and devoid of all the tacky commercial offerings from chain hotels. I especially loved the books and games selections in the rooms, the wonderful house-made toiletries and the free afternoon canapes - our room even had two yoga mats above the cupboard which we used on the lawn facing the sea every morning.

The pool with an overlooking view is lovely. You won't be able to do laps in it but having a cocktail in hand and splashing about is perfect. The drinks (especially cocktails) are commendable. I am extremely fussy when it comes to Mojitos they made me perfect ones throughout my stay! Also, the service is exceptional - personal without being intrusive and always warm.

The only improvement point would have to be the food. I have always had great food experiences in Thailand and the food at the resort came as a surprise as it lacked the kick and robust lure of regular Thai food. My husband commented it might be the lack of seasoning - but the good news is it felt very healthy. That being said, every other restaurant and cafe we tried in the area was tragic (Fin's had the very worse Pad Thai ever! I could not ever cut the noodles after aggressively gritting my teeth over them! + Tonto which some reviewers have praised but i felt was really just awful. The spring rolls had only vermicelli stuffed in them. No veg or anything else! Just vermicelli!) making Aleenta's Michelin in comparison! If you need to eat, stay in the resort or drive an hour to Hua Hin Night Market.

I would recommend Aleenta to Honeymooners and couples. An ideal length of stay, in our opinion, would be 3-4 nights.

Room Tip: Room 8, 9 and 10 are winners are they are a literal hop away from the beach and your own outdoor jacuzzi pool!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple