“Nice hotel, but not 5 star!”
Review of Putahracsa Hua Hin

Putahracsa Hua Hin
Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My partner and I stayed for 10 nights at the Putahracsa at the end of March. We had booked a silksand room and had high expectations. The first impression was good as greeted nicely and had a drink on arrival and were taken to our room within a short while of checking in. The room was nice with a good size balcony. The not so good things about the room was the bathroom really needed a makeover it was tired and certainly not up to a 5 star standard and the room was very bland and could do with a bit more character and paint. The bed was comfort, but the airconditions was very loud and kept you awake at night. We had breakfast every day and it was very nice however the staff was not always very attended some days we were not offered coffee or tea or didn't get it. The pool area is nice enough,but the sun lougners really need to be replaced some of them were falling apart and the towels we were given were old and thin and ripped not what you expect in a 5 star hotel. We ate a couple of times at the Oceanside restaurant and really enjoyed the food and the nice sea breeze the only thing was you often had to wait a long time for your food. The beach was not that nice which was a shame as the water was lovely, but unfortunately there were a lot of rubbish on the beach. The best thing about the hotel is the staff they are very friendly and helpful.We did enjoy our stay at the Putahracsa , but for what you pay and what you get I don't think it's up to 5 star standard.

Room Tip: I would surgest to book a villa rather than a Silksand room.
2  Thank madsen1

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Check my review here http://youmakemeswoon.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/putahracsa-hua-hin-thailand/

and here http://pleincommeunoeuf.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/putahracsa-hua-hin/ for food

Room Tip: In the standard ask for an upstairs end of the terrace room they are slightly bigger
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My partner and I stayed 2 nights here the week before Easter in a ground floor Silksand room. It was our first time in Hua Hin and following the mostly positive reviews in TA, I had high expectations of Putahracsa. Glad to say they were all met. It wasn't cheap but not exorbitant either. A similar experience in Bali or Phuket would've cost at least 25% more.

We arrived just before dinner after a 3-hour drive from Bangkok and were met with a warm welcome and efficient check-in. Loved the sleek minimalist room decor, especially the spacious shower stall. I don't mind that the wash basin is outside the bathroom - it's handy when the bathroom is in use by the other person. The large bottles of shower gel, shampoo and hand wash are great. Small niggles - would've liked more TV channels and reading lamps on both sides of the bed. Housekeeping was precise, no complaints there.

We used the pools on both sides of the resort and I actually prefer the larger one on the land side. The complimentary juice shooters handed out late morning was a nice touch.

The biggest surprise was the breakfast. For a smallish resort, the breakfast spread was quite wide and more importantly, everything was fresh and delicious. We really enjoyed our leisurely breakfasts on the terrace of the Sala Monsoon. Very nice. So was the on-site boulangerie-patisserie where we had our mid-morning coffee fix. Couldn't resist the chocolate croissant either!

The feather on the cap is the staff. Everyone from the front desk to the bell-boy and tuk2 driver were top class. Just the right amount of attention and warmth, and they try to oblige every request. The Putahracsa has got it just right. Well done!

PS. The one thing that prevented a 5-star rating was the dinner we had at the Oceanside restaurant on arrival. It was seriously understaffed - only 2 waitresses (a 3rd appeared mid-way through our meal) - which led to a long wait before our orders were taken although the restaurant was at most 60% filled. Our food came quickly enough but our cocktails were seriously late, arriving when we almost finished our meal. The food & drinks were just OK - we had better meals in other restaurants down the road from the resort. Perhaps it was an isolated incident. We saw a lot more staff at the Oceanside during lunchtime the next day.

Room Tip: We were in room 110, the north side. It's set back a bit from the pool away from the noise and d...
2  Thank caipirinha
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Excellent holiday in this wonderful friendly resort. Could find no fault with facilities, accommodation, service, food. Everything you needed and no fighting for a sun bed !!!
Well worth a visit

Room Tip: We preferred the Silk Sand roomd
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel should be classified as a guest house.
$300 a night is a rip-off.
Every thing is cheap looking.
It is now 4:30 am but I cannot sleep as my room #411 is located right on the street with a non stop "ballet" of motor bikes, Tuk-Tuk and noisy trucks and for sure I will not sleep all night.
The air conditioner also in noisy plus the draft is right on the bed to give you a neck-ache free of charge at breakfast time.
This is the last time I use Trip Advisor to book an hotel as it is not the first time this happen. I am very disappointed with the rating/reviews system.
I will not list all the wrong points now but believe me, there are a lot.
I'll go back to real 5 stars hotel groups like Hyatt or four seasons hotels.
I cannot believe Putahacsa has so many good reviews and not even one bad one.

Ps: after complaining a lot, they changed my room and got the #416 room that was much better but my opinion was already made and I do believe they should never rent room #411 to any customer for $300 a night.

Room Tip: Never take room 411 and you like to sleep quiet. It's right on the street and noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

When we arrived at 'Putahracsa', my husband, five year old daughter and I were utterly exhausted after a disastrous day and we checked in 10 hours later than we had planned. In spite of the late hour, we were greeted with so much hospitality and warmth that we couldn't help relaxing as soon as we arrived at the hotel.

We had been upgraded to our absolute delight, and after such an awful day, our spirits lifted the moment we saw our room. We had booked one of the rooms on the ocean side with a jacuzzi, but we had been upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi and a private pool too. The privacy and luxury of this room are absolutely wonderful and we felt very much at home.

The hospitality of the staff remained a constant throughout our 4 day stay at Putahracsa. The service was always efficient, helpful, polite and friendly. Whenever we required transport to nearby destinations, the staff were able to organise transport for us very quickly and efficiently. They would really go the extra mile to make us feel at home.

The hotel is only a few blocks walk from department stores and pharmacies. And it is also a short distance away from the Night Market and the Elephant Safari, which we enjoyed a lot.

Hua Hin is not the most picturesque of towns, but being in Putahracsa was like being in a different world and we loved it so much that we found ourselves staying in our room and enjoying the facilities far more than we'd planned. Initially I thought that we'd spend more time on the beach, but the privacy and relaxation afforded by this hotel was just what we needed.

My husband also enjoyed the use of the Spa. And the food was absolutely lovely!

We would highly recommend Putahracsa to anybody traveling to Hua Hin. We would love to go back again.

Room Tip: The hotel has rooms on either side of the main road. For the larger, more private rooms, choose the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SouthAfrican-in-Spr
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Hua Hin- While planning for a trip to thailand I surely wanted to include a visit to the beach. So i had options like Karabi, Koh Samet, Koh Samui, Phuket et al. But I went ahead, with crossed fingers, to a location more remote and less explored than the above- HUA HIN

How to reach - Option 1- Take a taxi from the aiport or pre book from website. Cost around 2000-3000.

Option 2- (used by me) - Take a taxi (Metered) from airport to Sai Tai bus Terminal (new). Costs around 500 Bhat including toll.

From there go to counter no 91 and book ticket for the bus- costs around 160 bhat per person. Bus leaves every 30 minutes starting from 11 AM till 6 PM..(I might not be sure about 6 pm though)

Journey takes around 2.5 -3 hours. Putahracsa is bang in the middle of hua hin and next to the night market. This is one of the biggest advantage of the hotel. The bus dropped us 3 km from the hotel. We took a taxi to reach the hotel. You can also take a tuk tuk or rickshaw (cost 50 bhats)

The hotel has 2 sides- Ocean villas..these face the beach and the sky villas these are opposite to ocean villas and are equally good if not better.

About the place- Well lit, spacious, mixture of modern and tradational, wonderful staff- felt like home, great pool, clean rooms and real time service.

Recommendations- Do visit the village mall, the night market, the floating market and offcourse the beach. Do hire a bike (we paid 250 bhats for one day) plus petrol (1 .5 litre is more than enough for one day). Very convenient and easy to drive. Traffic is not too much making the drive on the bike even more exciting. We just loved the carefree drive on the bike, roaming around the town.

The food though is a bit expensive, hence depending on the budget you may opt for either a dinner at the ocean pool villa resturant or at some good resturant at the night market.

Overall all a wonderful location. A must recommedation for anybody planning to go to hua hin.

Cheers

Amit

Room Tip: I would say incase you are mad about the beach facing room, opt for the basic room, which are equall...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple