“Stunning resort with service that spoils you!”
Review of Putahracsa Hua Hin

Putahracsa Hua Hin
Ranked #4 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 20 January 2009

A luxurious and meticulously presented boutique resort within walking distance to some of Hua Hin's busiest streets but far away enough for a quiet getaway. We stayed at the Sansky villa and absolutely fell in love with the place. I don't like boutique hotels that are too small and cramped so this was just what we were looking for. The villas have their own plunge pool, separate from the Silksand rooms and each villa comes with a huge sun bed and roomy upstairs terrace with comfy daybed sofa.

I found the inside of the Sansky villa to be much nicer and more spacious than the website picture makes out. Whitewashed walls, white furniture and fittings combined with solid wooden floors, doors and accents give the room a very natural, clean feel. The bed was nice and soft. I found the pillows a bit wimpy, I prefer firm pillows, but my husband loved them. The bathroom is huge and I loved how the bathing area (tub, rain shower), hand basin/vanity and toilet are all separate. The only annoying thing is when one person is running a bath you can't shower because the water pressure goes down so there's no hot water.

Coffee and tea making facilities adequate, didn't touch the minibar - daylight robbery prices. There are plenty of towels and shampoo, bath gel, lotion are refilled twice a day. I love that they also clean out your room twice a day!

We had a lot of seafood takeaway from the local market and they would bring us plates, cutlery, glasses for our own wine and then clean up for us afterward. The staff will even peel and cut up any fruits you buy from the market beautifully and bring it to your room complete with plates and forks! Turn down service is fantastic, they will plug in the bedside mosquito repellent and light some aromatherapy oils for you.

Spa facilities are first class and beautifully decorated. There was a happy hour promotion - buy one, get one free - so I happily booked a session for myself and my husband. We did the oil massage and body scrub, the oils have the most heavenly smell. I also took the manicure/pedicure package and my nails were very well done. If you have a chip or a smudge you can even go back and they will redo them for you!

The best part must be the staff, they are amazing and we ended up being spoiled silly by the end of our stay. They were helpful, attentive, courteous and made us feel like stars.

The beach is wide enough for a stroll or jog in the evenings and plenty of sea shells and crabs to chase after. I didn't find the sea as dirty as I thought it would be. The water was clear enough for me to see my toes when I was wading knee high so much better than Pattaya. Too windy to swim in the evenings although a few hardy souls were braving the surf.

The only thing preventing me from giving this resort 5 stars is the food. Breakfast was set up beautifully but lacking in taste and quality. Same menu every morning gets boring when you're staying for a longer period. The fried rice was hard and bland, the salad selection poor, rubbery sausages, bread was ok. Overall not half as good as the Hideaway, a 3 star resort! Despite our misgivings over breakfast we decided to take a chance and try the Christmas menu - big mistake! The prawns salad consisted of one prawn, sliced in two. My sea bass was hard, dry, overcooked and tasteless. The mashed potato it was served on was the only redeeming feature. Christmas log dessert was like eating sponge smothered in artificially colored cream. Yuck.

1  Thank Nikky-Dany
Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed 19 January 2009

We have just returned from 18 nights at the Putahracsa Hua Hin. The hotel is magnificent and we have never experienced such wonderful holiday before.

The hotel has only 59 rooms, which allowed u to have a very quiet and peaceful holiday. the rooms are spacious, well equiped,

we enjoyed the 5-star service and B&B style personal touch which is what you cant get from big chain hotels.

Excellent.

3  Thank mmooll
Reviewed 18 January 2009

We stayed at the hotel for Christmas and New Year.
The check in was very quick and the staff here are all great.
The rooms are large and kept very clean, with a daily turn down service
It did have a couple of faults, the hot water pressure is pretty bad and the bath is very deap, so if you want a bath you have to wait a good 30 mins. The TV remote control and the phone in the room was broken... apart from that pretty good.
The two pools are kept clean with lots of comfy sunbeds, there is background music playing and pool side food and drink menu.
The beachside restaurant has really great fish and Thai food, The seabass was my favorite. I would avoid the Chicken or beef burgers, they are really bad.
The beach is exactly as described in other reviews, its not really used. We did go for a walk up and down it a few times and also went for a walk up past the Hilton hotel. The beach there is much better and they have sunbeds on it.
On New Years Eve the hotel had a free party, with food, traditional dancers and a disco.
This was my forth trip to Thailand, I dont think I will go back though, each time it seems the red light area has grown another few streets. We only found a small number of bars that didnt cater for that kind of holiday! Which is such a shame as weather, people and culture are so nice.

Reviewed 31 December 2008

This hotel is a small hotel situated just less than 5 minutes walking from the busier part of Hua Hin. It's separated into two sides: the beach side and crossing a small street to the smaller room side.

I had a chance to use both sides due to some money issue (still a college kid), stayed one night in an Oceanbed villa on the beach side and another in a silksand room.

Check-in was a breeze. My room wasn't ready so they invited me to their beach side restaurant for a free welcoming drink first (which should be complimentary to all guests?), we got the room on the second floor just right next to the street. The room was very spacious and loved everything about it. Big LCD screen, with Bose iPod speaker connected to another Bose speaker in the bathroom. There was also a proper coffee making machine.

If you love staying outdoor, before entering your room you have an outdoor sofa that you can enjoy some of your seafood meal outside at night with a nice gentle breeze from the sea (I recommend you buy some takeaway food from the night market).

The bathroom was really huge with sensor operated light with a separated room for toilet (one of the things I hate about some hotels is that the toilet is too close to your bath tub). The jacuzzi was big with one drawback: the hot water pressure was so weak that it took almost an hour to overflow the tub.

The room was being cleaned two times. The second time they would remake you bed and fill ice cubes, light the candles in the room for you.

Second night, silksand room was a big downgrade. Got a second floor room. The room itself was fine but hated the bathroom. Everything seems to be too close. I'm 6' 5" so I found it kinda hard to use the toilet in that little space.

Throughout our stay we got free Wi-Fi connection. Service was very good and very attentive. Breakfast was enjoyable and not crowded at all which is what I like about this hotel.

I'll add some photos later on.

(A bit out of the story but:) For those who are comparing these small hotels with larger franchised hotels, I would say get a small one with a more personalized and attentive service plus all you spend go to the pockets of the locals, not some rich Hiltons.

Reviewed 12 December 2008

been in hua hin for the last 10 years and try many of the hotel there(sofitel,anantara,hyatt,mariott,aka etc)
the property is well run ,we went there with some friend from oversea and they were enchanted with the property,they even now talking about getty married there.Richard the manager is certainly do a great job there.Room are very spacious and their lay out is great and very personal,feel at home,the material use are warm and not to over the top.Great use of space .
Breakfast is good and staff friendly .
a great getaway from bangkok
second hotel of unique collection i traveling to and im very impress...

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank michelcool
Reviewed 28 November 2008

My wife and i stayed here for 11 nights and loved the hotel.Its a small hotel which is divided by a road which is a 5 minute walk to the nightlife of Hua Hin.On the beachside you have the more expensive villa style rooms with jacuzzi and on the other side you have silk sand rooms with a lovely pool which is where we stayed.Room details....plasma tv,shower and bath,king size bed,safe,bathrobes and slippers,fruit,large balcony with sofa bed and also Siamese fighting fish in seperate bowls for obvious reasons !.When you moved the divider between the bowls there was a stand off.
The pool and the surrounding area was nice and relaxing and also quiet ( hotel only half full ).We ate at the hotel a few times and the food was lovely but the usual hotel prices.During the day the pool attendent would come round with iced water and fresh fruit salad.
Courtesy hotel tuk tuk will take you into town when you like.
Hua Hin nightlife was good with enough shops,bars and restaurants for our 11 night stay.There are 2 night markets which were perfect for bargains as well as cheap meals and drinks which were very good.
The hotel has 2 restaurants. One is on the beachside and the other is 50 yards down the road towards the town serving Thai food which we highly recommend.Also a place called Coco 51 (50 yards opposite direction to town on the beachfront ).
Overall the hotel and service was very good and we enjoyed Hua Hin and would go back again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ds3
Reviewed 25 October 2008

Lovely oasis in a city called Hua Hin which is located on the coast south of bangkok. Many choicesof room sizes and lovely garden and pool areas. \it is located a ways away from the major tourist zone with all the hotels and restaurant. We loved it here and would stay again. Did not use the restaurants so can not comment. Only downfall was the intense heat and extremee humidity.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends