“Not as bad as some reviewers say”
Review of AKA Resort & Spa

AKA Resort & Spa
Ranked #81 of 141 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This is one of those hotels that is quite difficult to rate. Let's look at facts:
1. Location is 10 min drive from HuA hin
2. You need a car or to hire a moped as there is not much nearby
3. Don't confuse it with aka guti which is nicer and more expensive
4. Villas are huge and spacious
5. Cleanliness level is not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel, but it didn't ruin my stay.
6. If you are very particular about cleanliness then stay away
7. Maintenance is required, again it did not ruin my stay
8. Rooftop sala in each villa is very peaceful
9. Price - if I had paid full rack rate I would have been disappointed. However, if you can get a good deal (I paid 3500THB) then it is ok. It is not worth any more than this.
10. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Overall, if I got a cheap price again then I would return. I would rate this as 3-4 star hotel but is has potential to be so much more.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeanutsBangkok
There are newer reviews for AKA Resort & Spa

Reviewed 22 February 2013

we were fortunate to stay on our honeymoon with our son on the opening day .
the pool was very generous in size and well appointed.The choice of keeping the room totally open is excellent as you get a breeze the entire day.My husband and son was fascinated with the shower in the villa that had jets with various pressure from different angles.the villa was very tastefully decorated and even though it was the first day of the opening they catered for almost every detail needed to make your stay more than comfortable. the staff were very courteous and always ready to help .The daily choices of breakfast especially prepared is an excellent idea and was well prepared.
I would definitely recommend the villa ,
thanks to all at AKA Resorts Hua Hin that made our stay memorable.

Room Tip: One bed room pool and spa
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alizee S
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Affordable - yes. But, affordable should not mean a resort that appears to have very low standards in maintenance and cleanliness. This resort had the bones to be a fabulous quiet retreat, however it sadly is far from this. We booked AKA as a last minute booking due to our reservation at another resort in Kui Buri being cancelled (heavy storm weather damaged our villa). Five of us travelled from Bangkok to celebrate my birthday weekend and what an absolute let down - I am just thankful that we had a fabulous hotel booked back in Bangkok to make up for 2 nights in filthy accomodation.

I am not usually one to complain much nor do I often write bad reviews. If this resort was simply outdated and a bit simple I would not complain due to the price point - but no one should accept rooms that are not clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank LukeMcCarthyNZ
Reviewed 17 February 2013

All in all the bargain prices that are on offer at the moment for AKA (we paid 5000 a night for a two bedroom pool villa) reflect the fact that the place is run down and not really worth any more than that. I did think it was reasonable value at 5000 a night, mainly because it's so spacious and the pool is a decent enough size. You can see that when new, this place would have been lovely; the problem is a lack of maintenance and poor standard of cleaning (on arrival we found a used band aid next to pool, plastic bag in pool, toothpaste splashes on tiles in the bathroom as examples) which also must reflect poor level of management given that cleaning hasn't been tackled despite all the customers mentioning it on here! The gym is a joke - a few antiquated machines in a dilapidated building in a room that stank of mold. The check in was very nice with a lovely drink and cakes and the staff were warm and friendly. Even if they could just SORT OUT THE CLEANING this resort could be restored to a place people would choose to come to, without needed vouchers/deals as an incentive.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Monsoon74
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We've spent a great time in Huahin thanks to AKA Resort Huahin. We've booked a full trip with them including 4 days in AKA Resort Huahin. They've organised everything for us and we've spent a great time. Honestly, my husband and myself have enjoyed far more the time we've spent in AKA Resort Huahin than the rest of the trip. The North of Huahin is more quiet and has been far more attractive for us than the ultra touristic parts of Huahin. The quietness of AKA Resort Huahin, the view from the pool, the kindness of the personnel and, above evrything, the quality of the fantastic massages and treatments we've received have made our stay there unforgettable. Thanks to all the staff again and we'll most probably come back again !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We are very disappointed with this hotel! It can said a cheating!!! We have never been there and found it online. The pics are very nice and it said it was just established since 2007. We thought it shouldn't be so bad... However, when we arrived, everything is just like a 2 stars hotel in 15 years before China! The rooms are more terrible!!! Dirty pools, old & dirty rooms, bad front desknservice....I belived that this hotel has over 15 years old, with no renovation. Absoultly different with the pics online.... they said they just have 4 rooms renovated like the pics on theirvweb site! Finally, we needed to pay to upgrade to their another hotel , that one-- Guti AKA. In fact, it's Guti got the 5 stars! THIS IS MOST TERRIBLE HOTEL I EVER BEEN TO! DO NOT TRUST THEIR ADVERTISMENTS or you will ruin your vacations! Black listed!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Mandymak
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a couple of friends and so I had the chance to see a few villas such as 147, 151 etc. We all stayed in e one bedroom deluxe villas. Generally I find the villas quite well maintained and although some spots such as behind the bed and e outside tub is not very clean, given e size of e villas I can understand. The one bedroom deluxe villas really have 2 full sized ensuite rooms in 2 small separate buildings and so it is possible to stay 4 adults per villa. If you are w friends this is e better option but for a couple you will enjoy the privacy and the open space. The wc is situated inside e enclosed bathroom but e shower n tub are both in the open portion of the bathroom and if you are someone who is afraid of the dark you will not enjoy it. I find the pool n the deck area v clean as well but I saw a villa with a muddy pool however tis was not assigned to any guests and I saw them cleaning the pool the next day with a big filter machine. Actually I have no complaint with the villas and given the rates I paid It was very good value for money. The breakfast area was also very nice and all food were covered up to prevent insects from falling onto them. The egg station is very good serving up all kinds of eggs imaginable including eggs benedict. Many selection of pastries and fresh bread too which we enjoyed. Every morning we have a very relax and unhurried having breakfast here. And the coffee is great. You can have cupacino and lattes instead of just brewed coffee. The staff and the on duty manager, Kate, was really nice and friendly. We made lots of requests and have many questions for her which she readily answered. Wifi coverage is a problem but you can always call them and they will reset it. Overall I like the resort it wasnt as bad as how some reviews made it out to be. It was really pretty well maintained, huge and a very relaxing place. Yes it is not brandnew but i can see them making an effort to upkeep the place and some villas were under renovation when I was there. Some villas even have flat screen tv but most have the old boxy tv.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank HappyFeet25
AKATeam, General Manager at AKA Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Dear HappyFeet25,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience of your recent stay at the resort.
We are pleased to learn that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay. We appreciate your kind comments on the hotel 's grounds, room and the service from our team members.
We hope to welcome you back to AKA Resort Hua Hin soon.
With sincere regards,