“Awful - Stay Away”

Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort
Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 9 May 2014

What an experience! I booked 3 rooms at the hotel for 6 nights. I arrived with my family at 1pm expecting to have the rooms ready and available for us. My daughter and my son got their rooms but our room was not ready until 3.15pm! When I asked when my room would be ready, I was told in an hour and that I should put up in my son’s room whilst my room was being made up – what a disappointment! In addition in my son’s room, the air conditioning unit was making a huge racket. I decided to complain to the hotel manager about my room and the air con unit in my son’s room). I informed the deputy manager, I had an appointment at 3pm, I had been travelling for the last 2.5 hours and needed to change before my meeting. She took note of my complaint and continued to relate that the hotel had a large party the previous night and hence the rooms were not ready. Well…in any good hotel, I am not given excuses but led to my room that I am offering to pay money for.

I had to leave the hotel looking unkempt, upon my return I informed the deputy manager that I did not want to stay at the hotel another night and to cancel my booking. She spoke to her manager, who kindly agreed that we could check out the following morning and had to pay for 1 night stay. I immediately booked my family in Dusit Thani for 2 nights (they had an exceptional offer, effectively I paid the same room rate at this 5 star resort!)

The following morning, we decided to test out the breakfast, I can’t say much about it. Later my son and I decided to visit the beach area, unfortunately it smelt of sewage. No one was bathing in the sea with the exception of a few people walking along the beach front. I expected a lot more from the hotel but was left disappointed!

Room Tip: The hotel is a tad far from the town centre.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Imperialhuahin, General Manager at Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

First of all, I would like to apologize for the unpleasant incidents to you and your family. I will have to rectify what you complained and improve accordingly.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent resort with an amazing view along with best amenities with a private beach and private pool. Definitely recommend this for all especially for relaxation of mind and body.I would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Choose a room which is sea facing..pref on the first or second floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Imperialhuahin, General Manager at Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time in reviewing the Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort and giving us all highest scores in all aspects. Starting from last month the beach in front of the Hotel is very nice with clean sea water. We will continue providing our best service with acceptable facilities for our guests in order to meet and exceed with their expectations.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Located on the beach in Hua Hin with high tide lapping the property. A very friendly staff willing to help with any request. And a very clean swimming pool. Free transportation to and from the night market located in Hua Hin.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Imperialhuahin, General Manager at Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I really appreciate your positive review on the Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort and also thank you for the compliments on the staff and other facilities in general. We will continue providing standard of service and facilities to meet with guest's expectation.
General manager

Reviewed 12 March 2014

To be honest I've been to Hua Hin countless times and I never knew this hotel existed! The way in is through several small sois and there is only a tiny sign. The hotel is within walking distance from Klai Kangwon Palace so it could be used by palace staff so is intentionally kept low-key. Reception staff are not very friendly or helpful. Overall the hotel is quite old and needs a upgrade. The beach is dissapointing, at low tide it is covered with stones, debris & algae, and at high tide the water comes right up to the hotel. If you don't have a car it is quite a far walk out to the main road.
However the breakfast buffet is good, with a big selection.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Imperialhuahin, General Manager at Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

For your information, the Imperial Hotels Group bought this hotel, previously named "Majestic Hotel", 6 years ago. I have to admit that the previous management did not promote this hotel much but for the past 2 years we have done more marketing. Signage is not small but the name of the Hotel is very long so the letters have to be small in order to fit in the signage. This hotel is for everyone not just Palace staff as you mentioned. However, the Hotel is 20 years old and was renovated once 4 years ago. Our company has a plan of renovation for this hotel but time is not confirmed. The time of your stay is in January which is still high season and the beach is not so nice but from March onwards, beach is much nicer. For location, it is stated clearly in our website that the Hotel is not in town but we have free shuttle service at certain times a day.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Although this was well priced, the welcome and lack of friendliness at front of office was disappointing. The cleaning staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean and well serviced. The dining area service was exceptionally slow. English language was not well understood in the dining area so food ordered was not received.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a 3star hotel,this is ok.if requiring a pull out bed added to room for three...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Actually, our staff in general is trained to be service minded but sometimes language could be problem of misunderstanding of the communication. For your information, we will continue our English course again this year for GSA, HK and F&B staff.
Pinthida Bhatyanond (Ms.)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We arrived at Hua Hin at 7pm by train, taxi drivers at station seemed to not know or want to take us to the hotel which is out on a limb from the centre of Hua Hin, so phoned the hotel to ask for transport which they promptly sent but also charged us 150bht for. On arriving at hotel thought we had walked into someones large office, not put off booked in and went to room. Large room and bathroom and looked clean (at that time of night) Walked around the pool, large (nice) bar besides poo,l only one at the hotel, and waited 5 minutes despite ringing ships bell as advised, no one came to serve us, so went into empty restaurant and a member of staff said he would serve us at a table not out in bar. Ordered a gin and tonic which tasted of just tonic, and a meal. food was nice but the place only had 6 people in at this point (wondering if it was going to be lonely staying here). Went to bed after our meal as there are no grounds to walk in and it really is in a very quiet lonely road, didn't fancy going out to. Went down to breakfast and oh boy, towels on all sunbeds, which weren't used half the day, it was clear in the hotel literature that towel would be removed if they were put on beds and not being used, this did not happen, thought we were in costa del sol for a minute. The restaurant full of people, where were they all last night? breakfast was not 4* hotel fare. When things ran out they were not replaced until someone asked, tables were left with crockery on, and people were sitting at tables with the last occupants crockery on. I feel there was a lack of sufficient staff on and no management to oversee the running of the place, not only in the dining room but in all areas of the hotel. The hotel supplies a free shuttle bus into central Hua HIn but there is no control over the number of people on the bus. We refused to get on the last bus back to the hotel because it was full to bursting and phoned the hotel to send another which they did, but why this should happen is beyond me. (our last night in Hua Hin was spent at the Ibis hotel and their shuttle bus we could not book on as it was already full, no problem with that). Third night stayed at hotel as the food in dining room quite nice (not breakfast), happy hour buy one get one free, well the drinks are only half the size of non happy hour ones, ordered john collins and on arrival discovered it tasted of bitter lemon, queried this as Gin and tonic was tasteless, and barman admitted that he had forgotten to put gin in it....... The hotel shop sells Bacardi breezers and beer for a fraction of the cost of drinks at the bar which all seem to come without alcohol unless you remind them to put it in. The beach when the tide is out is very nice. This hotel needs direction to ensure it is being run smoothly, this is not apparent by the absence of any management, staff are few and far between, not a typical 4* hotel and the price of rooms should reflect this, which they do not. All in all very disappointed with the whole place, would i go back? NO

Room Tip: If you are fussy enough to book a 4* hotel then this is not the one for you
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Halina M
Imperialhuahin, General Manager at Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

First of all, I would like to say sorry for the unpleasant incidents at the Pool Bar and Restaurant. Actually, the staff at the restaurant tried to tell you that we don't serve food from the restaurant at Pool Bar but we can serve at the outside terrace which has same atmosphere as Pool Bar. Moreover, for the amount of liquor, I told F&B Manager to took into this issue.
However, I would like to clarify some points of your reviews. Firstly, Pool towels are placed in every guestroom and guests must bring their towels by themselves; many foreign guests get up early to reserve the sunbed by putting his or her towel on the sunbed. When they finish using sunbed, they will bring their towels to their rooms which is normal practice. We don't provide pool towel in the pool area for purpose of being lost. Our staff used to remove towel and then guest came to complain at the Reception so we will not remove towels until 5 p.m. which is the appropriate time. Secondly, things that are running out will definitely be replaced but it would take a few minutes not that we don't realize. Thirdly, our free shuttle bus has good system that we have a form for guests to fill in their name and time at the Front Desk on both ways. If the bus is full and you did not put your name down, you will be rejected to get on the bus which is fair to other guests who book the seat. Lastly, the management is everywhere in the Hotel but you may have not noticed; we are available to meet the guests in person if they request and I myself walk around the Hotel every day. When I see things not right, I immediately take action or inform managers to collect it.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We just left here, from the start the staff are great, friendly quickly to please a credit to the management.
The hotel is very dated, needs new furniture, paint, deco all over inside and out.
The Drinks in the bar is very pricey, we bought outside and bought them back but you lose atmosphere drinking in your room.
We had a room with balcony over looking the sea which was lovely view, but we had every Mosquito visit during the night (even watching how we opened and shut the patio doors) never been bitten so much here then in the jungle.
Breakfast was ok, some of the food was cold ( but is was nice to have normal bacon as to really crispy bacon) staff a bit slow to clear other tables so we had to move them our selfs.
Once this Hotels has a full up grade it could be a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: The room we had was 301
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Imperialhuahin, General Manager at Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

On behalf of the management and all staff, I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time in writing a review on the Imperial Hua Hin Beach Resort and also for complimenting our staff's friendliness and effectiveness for helping the guests. Regarding the food in the breakfast, I will inform our executive chef to check more often to make sure that all food is warm and will also inform our F&B manager to speed up the service at the restaurant. However, please accept my apology for this matter and we will definitely improve it immediately.