“Oasis!”
Review of Long Beach Inn

Long Beach Inn
Ranked #22 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for one week at the end of October 2013 and are so glad we did! Originally, we had booked 5 nights but stayed an extra couple because we enjoyed the Long Beach Inn so much. It was a welcome oasis after the bustle of Bangkok and restored our faith in Thailand. Our room was lovely - very comfortable, a good shower and very clean. We had the added luxury of the spa bath! Bram, the owner, was helpful and made the time to speak to his guests each day. The pool was often empty and was a pleasure to use. The hotel is not in Hua Hin as listed on Trip Advisor, but 40km away just off the beach in Dolphin Bay. We walked down the beach most days and met very few people. If you are looking for a busy nightlife and a bustling beach, this is not the place for you but, if like us, you are looking to kick back for a while, it is perfect. Food at the hotel is good, and there are other places to eat a short stroll away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CaroleCUk

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Travelled to the Long Beach Inn for 15 nights at the end of August with my girlfriend. What an amazing hotel!
It's situated about 20 miles to the south of Hua Hin, 100 metres from the beach, just off a 3 mile beach road parallel to the sea.
The hotel is situated in lovely, tropical gardens, with palm and coconut trees all around the grounds making for a relaxing, tropical, serene environment.
Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by Bram, the hotel's Dutch owner, and found that as it was off-peak season we had been upgraded to a fantastic jaccuzzi room for our stay. What a great surprise!
Bram is a very nice, easy going and friendly bloke, who will do anything to help you out. He can book trips out, arrange car/scooter hire, and give good information on interesting places to visit in the vicinity. He even offered to change money for us, and pick up any supplies that we needed as he was going into Hua Hin.
Cycles are available free of charge for the guests to use, which was an added bonus.
The room was amazing, with air-con, ceiling fan, fridge, 2 free bottles of water a day, huge bathroom with walk in shower and two sinks. The bed was massive and very comfortable too. We had a balcony overlooking the grounds and pool also.
The pool was also excellent. Perfect to relax around on the sunloungers, then have a dip in to cool down. There was a small jaccuzzi/spa section to the pool to relax those muscles.
Breakfast is included in the room price, and was a la carte, so no food lying around for ages. It was very tasty indeed. In fact, all of the food that we had at the hotel was very good quality. The menu is extensive, with many Thai and western dishes available.
The area that the hotel is in is very quiet and relaxing. Being low season, the lovely sandy beach was nearly deserted every day, so we felt like we had the place to ourselves!
Along the beach road are various bars and restaurants within strolling distance, and the Thai food at some of them is absolutely fantastic, and dirt cheap too. You can get yourself an hours Thai massage on the beach road for £6, and they are highly recommended by my girlfriend.
Plenty of sights to see in the local area, but you will need a car/scooter, or book yourself on one of the many trips to get to them.
To sum up - this is a top quality hotel, that's great value for money. Perfect for those wanting to get away from it all and relax in a tropical setting. If you're looking for crazy nightlife, discos, traffic, noise etc, then this isn't the place for you.
We are already planning to come back here next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank ivorhooper999
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I found this property on the Tripadvisor listing for accommodation in Hua Hin. In reality it is 25 miles south and can be reached by taxi for the cost of 800 bhat / £16 GB pounds one way.

This was a great disappointment to my husband and myself because we did not intend to stay so far away, preferring instead the hustle and bustle of Hua Hin town.

When we arrived and were shown to our room, we were shocked at how small it was. Not at all like the photos of Deluxe rooms and bathrooms which we saw on the website. There had been some very clever photography here to show rooms in their best possible light.

The exception to this was room 3, It was you could say functionally small. No more that 12' x 12' square and holding a dressing table together with a stool, TV, mini-bar cabinet, table for tea and coffee making and just one bedside table. Add two adults, two suitcases and other associated bags etc and we had no space to move around.

This was even more apparent in the miniscule shower room , not at all like the spacious photograph show on the website. There was only just about enough room for one of us to use the facilities at a time.

Being on the ground floor we had no private terrace in order to sit outside. Instead the open dining area was right outside our door. We immediately ask Bram if we could move to another room but he explained that he had more guests arriving the very next day and that was the only one available for us. We felt very let down by this, the room was more suited to one person not two. In fact an Englishman occupied the room next to ours, he was alone and he showed us his room which was huge by comparison. We couldn't understand how we had a room obviously inadequate for two people when a single gents room was so spacious!

Because room 3 had the dining room seating area immediately outside the door, it was noisy at night and during the morning with guests and staff eating and passing by at early and late hours.

However, the property is very attractively set out around the pool. The breakfast was very good, served by smiling staff. We didn't eat dinner there preferring instead to walk to the few bars which are strung out along the beach. We sampled some excellent dishes there for great value for money.

We stayed seven nights and were pleased when we could move on because the quiet backwater of Pranburi was not for us...................

Room Tip: On booking, and to avoid disappointment on arrival, confirm that you will NOT be allocated Room numb...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank S7ARJ
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My first time in Hua Hin, so glad I picked Long Beach Inn as my hotel. There were about 10 rooms scattered around the pretty garden and pool area. Rooms were very clean, spacious, with a large bathroom (with hot and cold water) and a/c. Mini fridge in room which included 2 free bottles of drinking water daily. Room service was daily which included fresh towels and pool/beach towels. Breakfast was excellent, a choice of cooked breakfast was available, made fresh to order, including fresh fruit juices and tea/coffee.

I decided to eat lunch here a couple of times which seemed over priced but very nice. Drinks were also at the top end of price when compared to local bars. But again, very nice.

Location of Long Beech Inn was a 5 minute walk from the beach (along a very quiet road). The beach itself was quite empty but I put this down to low season and jelly fish close to shore. I read that the stormy weather brings jelly fish closer to land so may be better in high season.

Bram, the owner, was extremely helpful and keen to talk to his guests, to make sure they were having a nice time. He arranged a taxi from Don Mueang Airport and then a minibus to take us back in to Bangkok on our last day. Very helpful.

Will definitely be staying here again if I return to Hua Hun.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank sarahw28
Reviewed 23 August 2013

If I am going to be critical - the food was average and probably the most expensive I found in the area and the shower was not great. Beyond those minor comments the place is faultless. I loved my time there, felt very relaxed and taken care of and will take my family back there if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Charlie_Whitford
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The food was delicious. We were staying at Dolphin Bay Resort and it was nice to get away from the mayhem there. It is hidden away from the main road. highly recommend their burgers and the seafood pasta.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chingfordian2012
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I am staying in Bangkok for several weeks, and I was looking for a place to get away for a few days. After reading good reviews about this hotel, I've visited their website. The rooms were very reasonably priced and it had all I needed : restaurant, free wi-fi, breakfast included, walking distance to the beach.

They sent a taxi to pick me up, which was good as I didn't have to explain where we were going. The driver charges a big amount (700), but this is out of the control of the hotel.

The owner greeted me at the gate and showed me my room. It was just perfect : big room, spacious bathroom, comfy bed, coffee, tea and water available, A/C and ceiling fan.

Getting service at the restaurant can be a little tricky : I sometimes waited more than 20 minutes before seeing someone and being able to ask for a drink or food. The food itself was good : sandwiches, pizza, steak are among the items I've ordered during my stay.

There is a pool, but the only afternoon I wanted to use it, it was very windy and there was a lot of debris in it. I tried to remove it myself, but gave up after a while : just too much work for a dip. The other days, the pool stayed cleaned and people used it.

Breakfast was free and decent. I was able to borrow a bicycle one day and a scooter then next one, and ride around. The scooter was definitely the best idea : no traffic, easy to get around and explore. It was the best afternoon I had there.

In short : an enjoyable stay and I surely recommend it, especially at this rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 12 in Sam Roi Yot
Huahin Loft Hotel
Huahin Loft Hotel
#115 of 144 in Hua Hin

Been to Long Beach Inn? Share your experiences!